• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Extraction” - Netflix film, Chris Hemsworth, produced by Russo brothers

You might want to visit an opthalmologist. Farahani might not be your cup of tea but ugly she is not.

I have zero problems with Hemsworth claiming the crown from Neeson in this worn-out subgenre.
Checked the trailer again. I don’t find her attractive. You’re right, not my cup of tea at all.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, netflix is really hitting it hard with the action flicks. Alas they are usually way underbaked script wise but the production values are amazing.

Woo-Fu

Banned
he looks skinny when hes not thor
I wonder why.

intro-1557507463.jpg

It was alright. Had one great action sequence in the middle the rest was very cliche. Like a poor man's man on fire.

Middle of the pack Netflix film.

6/10

Last edited:
Watched it last night too. I thought the acting in it was really great. The violence is pretty satisfying. Some of the hand to hand kill shots are brutal.

The story is completely pedestrian but you get to see a lot of new faces and locations which livens things up.

Cleared_Hot

Its extremely cliche (dude lives in a cabin, a helicopter lands and asks for his help, you know the deal). The being said, theres some straight up amazing action sequences, to include one extremely well executed long take.

PacificNW

I loved it. Very simple plot. No need to over complicate things. You are here to watch Chris kill a ton of thugs in brutal ways that is shot incredibly well. Chris sells the action well too.

I am happy to see talented stuntmen given a shot behind the camera and show people how to frame action that is followable.

That one shot in the middle was incredible.

Well the tards over at Reese have taken to Extraction for its lack of SJW principles.

Slayven the tards of all tards wrote.
"Rubs me the wrong way that Helmsworth doesn't seem to champion the kid until he starts thinking about his blond haired blue eyed kid. Like the kid isn't worth saving on his own, only through the lens of a replacement for his kid is the kid deemed worth saving"

I mean Extraction is a diversity champion.
Hero white dude gets killed by underprivileged dark skinned kid.
The brown skinned women ends up killing the bad guy.
The brown skinned kid lives.
And the white hero's blonde white child died.

I mean, whats not for them to like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the tards over at Reese have taken to Extraction for its lack of SJW principles.

Slayven the tards of all tards wrote.
"Rubs me the wrong way that Helmsworth doesn't seem to champion the kid until he starts thinking about his blond haired blue eyed kid. Like the kid isn't worth saving on his own, only through the lens of a replacement for his kid is the kid deemed worth saving"

I mean Extraction is a diversity champion.
Hero white dude gets killed by underprivileged dark skinned kid.
The brown skinned women ends up killing the bad guy.
The brown skinned kid lives.
And the white hero's blonde white child died.

I mean, whats not for them to like?

This encapsulates the dangers of viewing these personality types from the lolbertarian perspective.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thor took on fully kitted dudes too. I'd guess it was inspired by John Wick 3's final action scene.

Yah, Hemsworth had an AR-15 though, which can defeat military body armor. The Indian dude's MP5 isn't going through the police kevlar vests, even.

Took me out of the action a little, since when they were using pistols they'd target the neck and other vulnerable points to avoid armored areas (which is cool). Well, those handguns are the same caliber as the MP5.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Well dang, guess I have to watch it.

Once upon a time, the Russos were put on the map for making well shot and grounded action scenes in Winter Soldier - not for the disneyfied Avengers films. I'm a bit hopeful now that they're going to return to making those kinds of films.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Yah, Hemsworth had an AR-15 though, which can defeat military body armor. The Indian dude's MP5 isn't going through the police kevlar vests, even.

Took me out of the action a little, since when they were using pistols they'd target the neck and other vulnerable points to avoid armored areas (which is cool). Well, those handguns are the same caliber as the MP5.

I only ever buy federal and hollow points but isn’t there like special ammo you can put in almost any small arm that can do damage to body armor? I feel like I hear guys talking about it but I don’t actually know of any and there wasn’t any when I was in the army. But that was many moons ago lol.

Edit: interesting, a quick google showed armor piercing rounds which have a tungsten core, but they definitely suggest it had to be high velocity to work. They even say that 44 and 45 calibers are least likely to penetrate because of the slower moving round. I’ll try to add them to my zombie survival kit, I have a mini 14 so I have a 5.56 platform.

Last edited:
Top Bottom