• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Twilight Zone” (2019) - Jordan Peele’s take on iconic series gets first trailer

LMJ

Okay that trailer gave me chills this looks amazing...

The actors they chose, the amazing cinematography, the brilliant music, the phenomenal lighting and sets.

I have no doubt Peele is going to knock this out of the park, the only thing I'm concerned about is if they remove God and religion from the series as it was such an integral part of the original.

Regardless, I will be watching this eagerly the moment comes out on television can not wait:messenger_beaming::messenger_beaming::messenger_beaming:

Airola

Would love to take a look at that trailer but it's not viewable to me.

Get Out was, while not particularly scary as a horror movie, a really interesting Twilight Zone / The Outer Limits type of a tale.
And what I've seen of his new movie Us too, it looks really interesting from that Twilight Zone angle too.

Makes sense for him to go for some actual Twilight Zone stuff. I'm really interested in this.

Get Out was, while not particularly scary as a horror movie, a really interesting Twilight Zone / The Outer Limits type of a tale.
And what I've seen of his new movie Us too, it looks really interesting from that Twilight Zone angle too.

Makes sense for him to go for some actual Twilight Zone stuff. I'm really interested in this.

It’s region restricted? I’ll try to link another

I think Peele is perfect for Twilight Zone.

The strength of Get Out wasn’t horror or scares, which the movie is pretty tame on, just like Twilight Zone isn’t necessarily about classic scares or horror.

I have high hopes for this, I love the Twilight Zone.

Just wish this wasn't CBS all access.

Yea why the hell is this streaming only? You telling me they can't clear 1 hour of garbage they usually show to put this on?? Like they can't move The Kids Are Alright or something?

I think Peele is perfect for Twilight Zone.

The strength of Get Out wasn’t horror or scares, which the movie is pretty tame on, just like Twilight Zone isn’t necessarily about classic scares or horror.

Peele is only serving as the shows narrator and host with an executive producer, it's not known how much or how little creative control he had over the actual episodes.

Yea why the hell is this streaming only? You telling me they can't clear 1 hour of garbage they usually show to put this on?? Like they can't move The Kids Are Alright or something?

Peele is only serving as the shows narrator and host with an executive producer, it's not known how much or how little creative control he had over the actual episodes.

I was led to believe he was involved in the creative process, but whatever

I’m excited either way. Sue me

Fox Mulder

They want exclusive shows on the platform to attract subscribers. They added Star Trek Discovery season 1 to places like Vudu and iTunes recently, so this might be available elsewhere at some point too.

zeioIIDX

Holy crap, hyped as hell. I hope there's a surreal episode or two similar to And When the Sky Was Opened. That's one of my favorites from the original show. Three astronauts return to Earth in an experimental aircraft that crash lands in the desert. As they recover in the hospital, they one by one start to be erased from existence for no real reason with the remaining pilots becoming more and more paranoid and fearful. It's unnerving as hell and gave me chills.

They want exclusive shows on the platform to attract subscribers. They added Star Trek Discovery season 1 to places like Vudu and iTunes recently, so this might be available elsewhere at some point too.

Yes, except that Discovery S1 was also broadcasted over the air. Leaving Twilight Zone stuck in CBS access, (which hardly anyone knows about) feels like they're just throwing the show out there to die.

Now if they had some type of early preview where the show is put up for streaming a week or so early I would understand. But leaving Twilight Zone stuck on CBS access is not going to do it any favors. Twilight Zone is not a show to "tentpole" subscribers for those interested in that genre anyways. CBS just simply doesn't have enough variety to interest people like Netflix or even Hulu. Especially for a network that primarily targets the 50+ demographic.

WTF else would I watch?? Big Bang Theory and their million NCIS shows??

I hope this will actually be good and not a bunch of woke bullshit like STD.

"Submiited for your approval, a cisnormative, heteronormative white male learns to check his privilege when makes a stop in..... the Twilight Zone!" DOO DOO, DOO DOO, DOO DOO, DOO DOO

Last edited:
I hope this will actually be good and not a bunch of woke bullshit like STD.

"Submiited for your approval, a cisnormative, heteronormative white male learns to check his privilege when makes a stop in..... the Twilight Zone!" DOO DOO, DOO DOO, DOO DOO, DOO DOO

I’m just gonna try and enjoy it, whatever it is.

Politics don’t need to dominate my frame of mind when consuming entertainment

Watched the free premiere of "The Comedian" on YT. Well, I'm watching it currently and it's a bit of a drag to get through. Maybe they shouldn't do that hour long format.

Something about it doesn't work right. It's either the length or that it feels too blunt. There is a good reason it's the Twilight zone and not the spooky door or the weirdness zone. Twilight is that liminal and uncertain moment between night and day. This episode has zero uncertainty. This episode tells you where it's going and goes there, feeling more like dramatic irony rather than mystery because the main character gets to that realization two steps behind the audience. That it's an hour of this has made it rough to get through.

The jokes being bad doesn't help, but at least that fits the character within the story.

Last edited:

daemissary

I liked the Comedian alright.

I’m just gonna wait until the season is over and binge this and ST: Discovery Season 2 on a week free trial.

The real problem for me is just that I don’t wanna sign up for another subscription service...if I could add All Access onto my Amazon Prime, or Hulu, or Netflix for another couple of bucks then I’d do it in a heartbeat though

Karma Jawa

Only just got around to watching season 1.

The whole ‘woke’ thing isn’t anywhere near as bad in the UK (and I’m unashamedly a leftie), but some of this stuff is stuff is painfully alt-left. Currently watching the episode where ‘all men are bad because it’s innate’ and it’s pathetic.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer made a similar episode (clearly the inspiration for this), but it wasn’t gender specific. It was just a great episode about how people can act like Neanderthals, including Buffy.

I actually liked the ‘Replay’ episode. Quite a thoughtful exploration of racism and community.

Gargus

Banned
Peele is a racist. I won't do anything that supports him. He gets to be a racist while a white guy would be buried for half the sideways digs he takes at white people.

One of a dozen examples.

Even get out was a shot at white people. All he did was take the stepford wives (literally, even stepford wives main character was a photographer) and shoved in a ton of heavy handed racist stuff and he was praised for it.

Last edited:
I forgot that this existed. No buzz at all, which is not a great sign.

Peele is a racist. I won't do anything that supports him. He gets to be a racist while a white guy would be buried for half the sideways digs he takes at white people.

One of a dozen examples.

Even get out was a shot at white people. All he did was take the stepford wives (literally, even stepford wives main character was a photographer) and shoved in a ton of heavy handed racist stuff and he was praised for it.

Honestly, I think Jordan is trying to overcompensate for being half white. It's kinda weird and a little sad. Having said that, if he continues to make good content I'll keep watching

desertdroog

The original Twilight Zone was better at addressing their generation political issues and cold war fears. This could have been something awesome, instead this tripe is just pablum for the mealy mouthed woke crowd.

TaySan

Banned
I was really dissapointed with the first season. Felt like a poor man's Black mirror that didn't really bring anything new to the table.

I have my doubts season 2 is going to be much better and if I can't get a free trial I'm not interested in watching it by itself on the service

Ok I watched season 2 its infinitely better than season 1 and definitely less woke in your face. Not as good as the 1960s show of course but you can see some episodes inspired by the originals in new and interesting ways.

I watched a few episodes from the first season and they were mostly godawful. The Nightmare at 20,000 Feet one was the only passable one, partly because it already had TWO solid foundations to build upon.

As such, I was going to pass on Season 2, but I heard that Osgood Perkins directed (and wrote!) an episode this season ("You Might Also Like") so I had to check it out, and it is BY FAR the best episode from Peele's TTZ by a country mile. It's not a masterpiece like some people claim, but it is a massive step up in quality. IMO, Peele should tap Perkins to write the third season on his own lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom