• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 reasons why David Cage is a better director than Hideo Kojima.

GrayChild

1. He doesn't do boring open-world grindfests. Keeping' it straight and to the point.
2. He always puts QTEs in his cutscenes in order to keep players engaged. Kojima's cutscenes are boring, require no input from the player and just go on and on... and on......
3. He has much better taste in actors. Willem Dafoe and Ellen Page easily beat Norman Reedus and Lea Seydoux.
4. His studio always use their own technology, because they are strong and independent. No need to license a 3rd party engine such as Decima.
5. Mayan apocalypse > Nanomachines.
6. He made a game without single 'Game Over' screen. Kojima never managed to do that. Checkmate atheists.
7. He never compromised his vision with last-gen versions of his games to make an easy buck.... unlike Kojimbo (looking at you MGSV).
8. Cage has received the Legion of Honour. Kojima did not.
9. David is also professional music composer (he also composed the opening theme for Detroit: Become Human all by himself). Kojima can't play for shit.
10. Kojima puts tons of creepy anime bullshit in his game. David Cage does not.

All praise the Cage.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
As much as I don't like Kojima and it pains me to say this...I prefer him over Cage.

People say Kojima wishes he was a real movie director and it may be true to a certain extent but Cage doesn't even try hide it....he tries to make video games movies. He obviously has been rejected from the film industry so makes video games instead. The only real interaction in his games are button mashing and walking simulation. At least Kojima can actually give us some proper gameplay even if it does mean sitting through a 5 hour cutscene.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Kojima makes fun games and his storylines are extremely entertaining and unintentionally hilarious in a ridiculous way.

Cage? extremely boring games and soap opera level storylines.

Armorian

Banned
Detroit is great, but earlier QD games were medicore (BTS) or good only (HR). I didn't like MGS5 much and I'm not interested in DS.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For me Kojima makes better games and far more interesting story even if sometimes they are convoluted. I don't know I didn't like none of the Cage games, both in gameplay and story.

1. He doesn't do boring open-world grindfests. Keeping' it straight and to the point.
2. He always puts QTEs in his cutscenes in order to keep players engaged. Kojima's cutscenes are boring, require no input from the player and just go on and on... and on......
3. He has much better taste in actors. Willem Dafoe and Ellen Page easily beat Norman Reedus and Lea Seydoux.
4. His studio always use their own technology, because they are strong and independent. No need to license a 3rd party engine such as Decima.
6. He made a game without a single 'Game Over' screen. Kojima never managed to do that. Checkmate atheists.
7. He never compromised his vision with last-gen versions of his games to make an easy buck.... unlike Kojimbo (looking at you MGSV).
9. David is also a professional music composer (he also composed the opening theme for Detroit: Become Human all by himself). Kojima can't play for shit.

All praise the Cage.

Zhfc1wF.gif

Spaceman292

Banned
6. He made a game without single 'Game Over' screen. Kojima never managed to do that. Checkmate atheists.
9. David is also professional music composer (he also composed the opening theme for Detroit: Become Human all by himself). Kojima can't play for shit.

All praise the Cage.

You're not fooling anyone, David. Try harder next time.

samporter

Banned
Going through their biographies, I would have to say Hideo Kojima is the better director.

Let's compare the two. Cage was a professional musician who started his game development career by partnering up with David Bowie to create a mediocre and forgettable 3D game for the Sega Dreamcast. Kojima was someone who was inspired at a young age to make games by reading manga and playing NES. His first game as a director, Metal Gear, has a created an loyal following to this very day.

Top Bottom