• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1280x1024 Wallpapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got a new LCD monitor with a far higher max resolution than my old one... but I've not had much luck finding cool wallpapers for it. Found some nice Spider-Man ones and a few others, but nothing amazing.

Are there any websites that have a lot of these? Most only seem to have 1024x768. Thanks.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Go to Deviant Art... They have 'em.
Wallpaper82004.jpg

Just out of curiosity...where did 1280x1024 come from?

It's not the normal 4:3.0 aspect ratio...it's actually 4:3.2 (or 5:4).

So why is 1280x1024 the norm and not 1280x960?

DJ Sl4m

I use a a few gigs of Playboy pics I ripped from them, running under a wallpaper managing utility.

If you want em, lemme know.

DJ Sl4m

morbidaza said:
Just out of curiosity...where did 1280x1024 come from?

It's not the normal 4:3.0 aspect ratio...it's actually 4:3.2 (or 5:4).

So why is 1280x1024 the norm and not 1280x960?

What do you mean ? Mine is set @ 1280x960

Are you saying many new desktops are made out of ratio at a setting of 1280x1024 ?
If so, that's pretty fucked up

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Ehh I couldn't find the wallapaper I was using from Deviant Art (titled: Tidal Wave of Pain) but this is a rather close approximation.
Solar_Flare___An_Abstract.jpg

Remember: 1600x1200 and only the Recycle Bin on your desktop is the only way to go. The Wallpaper Gods will accept nothing else.

Also, digital blasphemy is pretty good. Not sure how many of their wallpapers are in 1280x1024, but there is some good stuff there. There is some good stuff in the user gallery, including my currrent wallpaper(which also happens to be 1280x1024). Karma Earth.

http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/userg/images/1088418119.shtml

Error Macro said:
OMFGNOOB LOLO

I don't even have the Recycle Bin on my desktop. I access it from Explorer.

Is there actually a way to do this? I honestly kinda get annoyed by having one stinking icon on my desktop.

Killer, now how do i access my recycle bin. I have it bookmarked in explorer just for safety's sake, but there must be another way to access it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
dont think you can . if you mean by just deleting stuff just highlight the item and press delete on your keyboard.

DJ Sl4m

morbidaza said:
Killer, now how do i access my recycle bin. I have it bookmarked in explorer just for safety's sake, but there must be another way to access it.

To access my fav programs similar to what the desktop icons do, I copy all my fav program shortcuts to my quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen, just copy the recycle bin icon there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom