• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 Visual Modes and Options Briefly Detailed by Sony But Now Removed; Fidelity and Performance Modes

ByWatterson

I've completely transitioned back to quality mode for most titles, LOL. I'm such a little shit.

Okay maybe just the ones with real differences (Hogwarts, FFXVI, Miles Morales, etc.).

Gimme dat raytracing dem graffixxxxx.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
yeah, no man sky too was an ambitious game, this is just that with pretty graphics.

if the game had 100 planets hand crafted i would agree at the "ambitious", but is just a procedural generation galore, lets see how those 1.000 planets ll pan out.

i ll run this ambitious game on a Ryzen 3600 with a RTX 2060 at 60fps if i want, ambitious has nothing to do with this 30fps situation.

Not going to dwell on this because it is off topic, but I think the Starfield showcase showed Starfield and No Man's Sky have a lot more differences than similarities.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
There is something very souring about getting a 40 FPS mode post launch after you've played through a title.

Hope that is not the case here.

I'm just glad the game has a performance mode, frankly. That is becoming less and less an option on consoles, it seems.
The game literally looks like it should have a performance mode, it's basically enhanced Spiderman MM. It's not like this is Path Traced Cyberpunk or something.

skit_data

I hope they add the performance RT mode in this as well. Won't hold my breath though. The overall graphical improvements probably won't leave enough headroom. I'll probably just go with Performance Mode if that's the case.

TrebleShot

Wow super sampling from higher than 4k in fidelity mode? Colour me surprised shows there’s some perf headroom for a 40 mode down the line perhaps.

Fine by me. SM:MM was quite a good looking game, even in performance mode. I'm not one of those who is expecting this gen to suddenly blow my mind either.
Yea RT performance mode was awesome in MM. I think Spiderman 2 is going to be a refinement of everything Insomniac learned from Spiderman 1 and MM. I expect it to be the best game in the series.

Moses85

Will there also be a mode to make it look like the reveal trailer?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im fine with 60fps without RT, i mean this is a sequel which available on PS5 only.
Would be very surprise if imsomniac able to implement RT as well though.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Given the visual of this game compared to Spider-Man Remastered, its bizarre why there’s no RT 60fps

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I have faith in insomniac. There will probably be an awesome 40fps mode within a few weeks of launch. I'll hold out for that. I'm fed up of getting half way through a game then finding out the best way to play it launches. I'd rather wait.

Duchess

Insomniac are basically magicians, so I imagine 40fps and Performance RT will drop a few months after launch. I'm happy to be patient.

Here's some LOLs - what will happen first, Redfall 60fps or Spider-Man 2 Performance RT? :D

Last edited:
Is this gonna be a proper next gen title? Like, zero pop in, completely stable image that is seen in latest UE5 titles.

If yes then good luck with that ray tracing and even resolution at 60 fps.

Depends on what type of RT they use.

Not sure about that. Looking at current gen games, Jedi Survivor is doing 600p with RT and 60 fps.

Remnant 2 is doing 720p but no RT.

Spiderman 2 might do all that, but then it might have to compromise on draw distance/ pop in.

Would be interesting to see what compromise they make.

Not sure about that. Looking at current gen games, Jedi Survivor is doing 600p with RT and 60 fps.

Spiderman 2 might do all that, but then it might have to compromise on draw distance/ pop in.

Like I said there's different types of RT and not all of them impact the hardware in the same way. Insomniac have already used it in games like Spider-Man, Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank. All those games have 60FPS modes with RT. If anyone can do this it's certainly them since they already have a lot of experience with it.

I wouldn't compare them to what other developers are unable to do.

Like I said there's different types of RT and not all of them impact the hardware in the same way. Insomniac have already used it in games like Spider-Man, Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clank. All those games have 60FPS modes with RT. If anyone can do this it's certainly them since they already have a lot of experience with it.

I wouldn't compare them to what other developers are unable to do.

Are you saying Insomniac will be able to get next gen geometry, 60 fps, RT while maintaining a respectable 1440p + resolution?

That's a bold claim.

Are you saying Insomniac will be able to get next gen geometry, 60 fps, RT while maintaining a respectable 1440p + resolution?

That's a bold claim.

I didn't say that your the one that claimed its impossible for them to do 60FPs with RT.

Please provide proof where I said that. You have 15 minutes to comply.

:p

Edit: My proof.

"Is this gonna be a proper next gen title? Like, zero pop in, completely stable image that is seen in latest UE5 titles.

If yes then good luck with that ray tracing and even resolution at 60 fps."

Your turn.

Remember your argument is RT with 60FPS.

Last edited:
I didn't say that your the one that claimed its impossible for them to do 60FPs with RT.

Please provide proof where I said that. You have 15 minutes to comply.

:p

Edit: My proof.

"Is this gonna be a proper next gen title? Like, zero pop in, completely stable image that is seen in latest UE5 titles.

If yes then good luck with that ray tracing and even resolution at 60 fps."

Your turn.

Remember your argument is RT with 60FPS.

Read carefully. My comment includes all 4 things at the same time.

Besides, we need proof if it's using next gen geometry. If it's not, it will incorporate 60 fps and RT in same mode. But then it will be a souped up PS4 title.

Read carefully. My comment includes all 4 things at the same time.

Besides, we need proof if it's using next gen geometry. If it's not, it will incorporate 60 fps and RT in same mode. But then it will be a souped up PS4 title.

Well that just proves you wrong then. Insomniac can still obtain 60FPS with RT and that wouldn't make the game a last gen title like you're saying.

Maybe you need to read your comment more carefully.

Anyways I was correct you couldn't prove that I said those things. Now I want an apology.

;)

Last edited:

Kindela

Banned
Options -> (check performance mode is selected) -> exit options -> start new game.

Yep, it's good not being autistic about graphical options 😎

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Totally off topic, but just try to imagine if our today versions of ourselves went back in time and tried to tell our past versions at the launch of ps4 and xbox one that the ps5 and series x consoles would be pushing 600p & 720p in 2023....it would be insane.

I think my past version would die of laughter and I would pop out of existence.

Last edited:
Totally off topic, but just try to imagine if our today versions of ourselves went back in time and tried to tell our past versions at the launch of ps4 and xbox one that the ps5 and series x consoles would be pushing 600p & 720p in 2023....it would be insane.

I think my past version would die of laughter and I would pop out of existence.

I'm happy that reconstruction isn't junk like it was with many titles during last gen. If it wasn't for that then we would be in a pretty bad place.

JeloSWE

I don't play games at 30 fps any more and 40 fps is not good enough. I also want to enjoy RT. It looks like I'll have to wait for the PC release or a potential patch when PS5 Pro comes out before buying this game.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think he's 6 foot 7 inches tall too though.
Macho Man was 6' 1"

It's the thickness in the boots souls. Hogan claimed to have "shrunk 3 inches" and is 6' 4" now.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I don't play games at 30 fps any more and 40 fps is not good enough. I also want to enjoy RT. It looks like I'll have to wait for the PC release or a potential patch when PS5 Pro comes out before buying this game.

This sounds like insanity. I'm glad I'm not plagued with this fps disease.

Macho Man was 6' 1"

It's the thickness in the boots souls. Hogan claimed to have "shrunk 3 inches" and is 6' 4" now.

How is this possible? How could he shrink 3 inches? Was it to roids?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Between the ages of 30 and 70, you can shrink anywhere from 1 to 3 inches, depending on height and other factors.

Women shrink on average of 2 inches during that period as well.

But, wrestling and Hollywood has been known to embellish and fib on height,

The Rock is claimed to be "6' 5" tall," but here he is next to the actual 6' 6" tall Barkley and he looks to have 3-4" inches on him, plus MASS.
Dwayne-Johnson-Shaq-e1666435508243.jpg
\

It's all BS. They also intentionally use short referees to make these glorified heights seem even bigger.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Between the ages of 30 and 70, you can shrink anywhere from 1 to 3 inches, depending on height and other factors.

Women shrink on average of 2 inches during that period as well.

But, wrestling and Hollywood has been known to embellish and fib on height,

The Rock is claimed to be "6' 5" tall," but here he is next to the actual 6' 6" tall Barkley and he looks to have 3-4" inches on him, plus MASS.
Dwayne-Johnson-Shaq-e1666435508243.jpg
\

It's all BS. They also intentionally use short referees to make these glorified heights seem even bigger.

And most people say Chuck is really 6'4". He just got away with saying 6'6" in the days of NBA lies.

It was in the run-up to the 1992 Olympics that the world finally learned what the cognoscenti had long suspected -- that Charles Barkley was more like 6-4 5/8 than 6-6, and Magic Johnson closer to 6-7 than 6-9.
- Sports Illustrated

JeloSWE

You either haven't played games at higher fps or you lack high standards. There is little point in high resolution and fidelity when it's all smeared out by a displays Sample and Hold at low frame rates. I'd say 120 fps is truly the minimum fps where it should be at but I can still accept 60 fps.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And most people say Chuck is really 6'4". He just got away with saying 6'6" in the days of NBA lies.
I know people who met The Rock in person down in Miami, and they say the man is no taller than 6'1" to 6'2".

Stone Cold is supposedly 6'2" and here he is next to the "6'5"" (bullshit) Rock
Rock-versus-Austin-Featured-Image.jpg

Last edited:

mckmas8808

You either haven't played games at higher fps or you lack high standards. There is little point in high resolution and fidelity when it's all smeared out by a displays Sample and Hold at low frame rates. I'd say 120 fps is truly the minimum fps where it should be at but I can still accept 60 fps.

LOL!!!!

You Got Me Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Top Bottom