• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st Week Next Gen France Sales are IN

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How are the xbox s/x sales compared to x1 at launch? someone on era said its lower but i find that hard to believe since they were also lower in US and UK but still sold more worldwide.

Interfectum

tenor.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wow, surprised more people aren't talking about this. So the PS5 is outselling the Series X|S in Spain, France, and the UK by 3 to 1 right?

In fact, in France 3:1 is not bad for the Xbox series. PlayStation is really more popular, if i remember well, it used to be 4:1 for the ps4 vs one. And the series X is very difficult to buy (less than the PS5, a real fight haha).

Thief1987

How are the xbox s/x sales compared to x1 at launch? someone on era said its lower but i find that hard to believe since they were also lower in US and UK but still sold more worldwide.
It could be higher just because of worldwide launch, Xone's in comparison was pretty limited.

Great Hair

Banned
Why UK has 300k PS5/150k Xbox (450k total) while France, which has very similar population and money, has only 107k/37k (144k total) ? It's a 3-1 difference ?

My guess would be, that Sony allotted more PS5 units to markets like UK where Xbox is a stronghold and not many elsewhere (sadly).

Zug

Xbox sales have a better ratio than usual in France, but it probably has something to do with the fact that PS5s have been impossible to find like 5min after release.
And for those who managed to order one, their package were stolen :D

Sky-X

Neo Member
France is another Nintendo territory isn't it?

Apparently they're Nintendo crazy over there.

PS4 did great in France too.

Overall Xbox is supply constrained, but also the shipment allocation reflects the demand they expected, which is probably not great in France.

Why UK has 300k PS5/150k Xbox (450k total) while France, which has very similar population and money, has only 107k/37k (144k total) ? It's a 3-1 difference ?

On ms side it makes sense as the uk is the second largest market for them, infact they should have shipped alot more to the uk. sony, my guess is software sales are far higher in the uk probably.

Unknown?

Lower in France.

For France best launch console :

PS5 : 107K
Switch : 105K
Wii : 95K
PS4 : 90K
PS3 : 78K
PS2 : 63K
Xbox One : 50K
360 : 49K
Xbox Series X/S : 37K

Rolla

Banned
People claiming Europe is "Sony Land" either don't understand the European market or are intentionally doing a disservice to the PS360 generation. 360, while not the leading console had a good market presence here in Europe.

That aside, these EU numbers we're seeing are showcasing a stark situation for XBOX here in the EU. From what I've heard (which is anecdotal) in other parts of Europe there is a significant drop from the X1 launch in 2013.

And that for me is the crux of the situation. How, with the catastrophe of messaging that was the 2013 X1, do you move fewer units with the S/X launch?

Last edited:

Unknown?

People claiming Europe is "Sony Land" either don't understand the European market or are intentionally doing a disservice to the PS360 generation. 360, while not the leading console had a good market presence here in Europe.

That aside, these EU numbers we're seeing are showcasing a stark situation for XBOX here in the EU. From what I've heard (which is anecdotal) in other parts of Europe there is a significant drop from the X1 launch in 2013.

And that for me is the crux of the situation. How, with the catastrophe of messaging that was the 2013 X1, do you move fewer units with the S/X launch?
Well you spend years with very few exclusives on your previous console and none at launch.

Futurematic

I would love to know the numbers and details in the overseas departments. Like are the islands off Canada connecting to Quebec servers? (I’d love to listen to that lol.) Does New Caledonia enjoy Switch or PS4 more?

Any regional breakdowns like that in French media?

v_iHuGi

Banned

The 360 is long gone.

Evilms

Banned
France
PS5 : 107K
XSX/S : 37K

United States
PS5 : 1140K ~ 1350K
XSX/S : < 910K

Spain
PS5 : 43K
XSX/S : 14.1K