• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 new Quake Wars (OMG!) and 2 new Quake 4 (LOL!) shots!

Ecrofirt

Eh, I'm not really impressed by either.

There are some really shitty things in all the shots, sans the fourth (second Quake Wars) shot.

Borys

Banned
Lakitu said:
1 and 4 is Quake 4
2 and 3 is Quake Wars

Edit: Perhaps not.

witch9tg.gif

Acosta

Agree with Olimario, Smoke in second picture (Quake Wars) looks stunning, like it was taken from a art picture. I´m really excited about next generation particle systems, I think games are going to gain a lot on immersion thanks to them.

Gaijin To Ronin said:
Agree with Olimario, Smoke in second picture (Quake Wars) looks stunning, like it was taken from a art picture. I´m really excited about next generation particle systems, I think games are going to gain a lot on immersion thanks to them.

Totally. Look at COD2.

bee

quake >> all,its gonna be a great year,quake 4 for the fast paced action,quake wars for the bf2 style play + stunning graphics :)

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
bee said:
quake >> all,its gonna be a great year,quake 4 for the fast paced action,quake wars for the bf2 style play + stunning graphics :)

The Doom 3 engine doesn't exactly lend itself to ANYTHING "fast".

Kuroyume

Banned
This was pretty fucking easy to guess if you've seen the QW trailer. Anyway Quake Wars is going to kick ass. You have to see it in motion... it's killer.

Acosta

It's good, but not stunning.

Is just an opinion or do you have an example of something better or a explanation of how could be stunning?

Personally I think it´s great, the smoke of that plane falling looks as something I could see in any expensive CG from a movie, but that´s me.

shpankey

not an idiot
Holy fucking shit! You guys seen the "Quake 4 Movie [Gameplay]" ? What I'm "holy shitting" about is the weapons... they really have a sense of POWER! When he shoots the weapons you can really sense their power and it just has that certain 'Je ne sais quoi' to it.

shpankey

not an idiot
that wasn't spanish :lol

it was French and it means: that certain something i can't describe; literally it translates to "i don't know what".

it is a popular expression for English speaking persons. surprised you haven't heard it before.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Society said:
So they are both Id games?

Id properties. Raven Software is developing Quake 4. Splash Damage is doing Quake Wars. I don't know exactly what id is working on right now, they didn't even develop the Doom III expansion pack. Maybe Carmack is doing a new engine in an attempt to trump UE3.

Top Bottom