• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
9iALo.jpg

**TIPS**

• Wait for the games you want to be part of a daily deal before you buy.
  • Search other regions of the Steam store by adding'?cc=uk', '?cc=us', '?cc=fr' at the end of Steam's address.
  • You can spread the payments over multiple credit cards by adding money from each card/ account to your steam wallet:
    1)Log into the client
    2)Click on '.... account' at the top right corner of the page
    3)Click 'add funds to Steam wallet'
  • If you are charged twice for a purchase, DO. NOT. FILE. A. CHARGEBACK! Work with Valve directly to fix the issue.

http://store.steampowered.com/

All sales by price

2009's Holiday Sale Thread

Spreadsheet of 2009 deals

All of Steam games on sale

Official Steam GIFTING thread of equal global distribution

**Amazing banner done by GAFs own SpacePirate Ridley**

Packs for duration of sale

Todays Daily Deals

Past Daily Sales

December 20

December 21

December 22

December 23

December 24

December 25

December 26

December 27

December 28

December 29

December 30

December 31

January 1

January 2

• 2D Pack
  • Bullet Candy
  • Geometry Wars
  • Super Laser Racer
  • VVVVVV
  • Galcon Fusion

• Heavy Hitters
  • Audio Surf
  • Shattered Horizon
  • World of Goo
  • Zeno Clash
  • Braid
  • Trine
  • The Maw

• Fright Pack
  • The Path
  • Zombie Driver
  • Scourge Project
  • The Void
  • Burn Zombie Burn

• Fantasy Pack
  • Spectromancer
  • Fairie Solitaire
  • Fortix
  • Bob Came in Pieces
  • NyxQuest

• Flight Pack
  • Every Day Shooter
  • Gratuitious Space Battles
  • Dogfighter
  • Flotilla
  • Guns of Icarus

• Kids Pack
  • Toki Tori
  • Crayon Physics
  • Secret of Magic Crystal
  • Max & Magic Marker
  • Delve Deeper

• Beat Pack
  • Rhythm Zone
  • Beat Hazard
  • Turba
  • Chime
  • Bit Trip Beat

• Future Pack
  • Uplink
  • Twin Sector
  • Hammerfight
  • System Protocol
  • Hacker Evolution

• Brain Pack
  • Big Brain Wolf
  • Windowsill
  • Zen Bound 2
  • Diamond Dan
  • Puzzle Bots

• Mixed Pack
  • Darwinia
  • Defcon
  • Cogs
  • Eufloria
  • Plain Sight

• Potato Pack **Not yet confirmed**
  • Amnesia
  • Bit Trip
  • Toki Tori
  • Red Orchestra
  • Killing Floor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Audio Surf
  • Wonderful End of the world
  • Defense Grid
  • AAAAA
  • The Ball
  • Cogs
  • Braid
  • Super Meat Boy

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zapped a couple posts that were in between the OP and the reserved posts, in case anyone is worried about some mod conspiracy to silence posting, no need worry. :p

MNC

TIP

Try only purchasing the daily deal if you're looking for a specific game. If that specific game hasn't been a daily sale on the last day, purchase it then. Daily dails are discounted much more than regular sales.

DennisK4 said:
Bloodlines, please.
You know. They should just say that Bloodlines will never go on sale ever again. Because if it does there will still be people that miss out on this sale. And we will still have to put up with this "Why oh why isn't blood lines on sale, oh woe is me!"

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
So before this thread gets off and running would someone kindly explain what this "Based God" meme is all about? I've seen it a lot lately.

Blizzard

Banned
Can anyone explain the "based god" or "based Gabe" title reference to people like me who are not culturally smart? :(

Also, as discussed in the other thread, we already own nearly all interesting games. If we weren't buying some games in the treasure hunt sale for $2.50, how will Gabe get us to buy them for Christmas? $1.50?!

stuminus3

Neat, Steam removed my credit card information after I changed my password recently. :lol

A temporary setback, I'm sure.

Dennis

Banned
Lostconfused said:
You know. They should just say that Bloodlines will never go on sale ever again. Because if it does there will still be people that miss out on this sale. And we will still have to put up with this "Why oh why isn't blood lines on sale, oh woe is me!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looking through last years list of sales and..

..I want Trackmania United Star Edition now too. ITS ALREADY STARTING NOOOO.

LovingSteam said:
**TIPS**

• Don't buy individual games that are not part of the daily deals until the last day of the sale

There it is. The #1 tip and right at the top with a red highlight. Lets see how it goes. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
eznark said:
That "don't buy individual games" thing seems like a bit of a myth.

There have been 2-3 cases (The Witcher misprice, 1C Pack misprice, can't think of any others although I'm sure there have been a few) where games have been priced low in error and the prices have been raised.

There are 5 games * 12 days = 60 games that will be cheaper on daily deals than on their regular sale price.

As advice that works 30 times more often than it doesn't, I'd say it's not a myth.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, first game to license the engine, it was actually kind of a big deal.

I vaguely remember Valve telling them to delay it so HL2 could come out first. Can't recall if they did or not though.

EDIT:

Troika delivered the Code Release Candidate on the required date, though it left the development team in low morale. Due to the game's size and complexity, the Code Release Candidate took three weeks to test, but on October 4, 2004, Bloodlines went Gold as Version 1.0. Since contractual obligations with Valve would interdict Bloodlines to be released before Valve's debut of the Source engine in Half-Life 2, Activision did not publicly announce that the game had gone Gold and instead gave Troika an additional week to polish the game, after which Bloodlines Version 1.1 underwent another three weeks of testing.

The second version of Bloodlines shipped on November 16, 2004, the same day that Half-Life 2 was released. Valve's first-person shooter, a hugely successful sequel, sold four million units by 2006.[3] The original Half-Life had itself sold 12 million units by then.[3] Earlier release plans were to postpone until Spring 2005 so that Bloodlines would not compete against a sequel to a blockbuster, with a large advertising budget and ready made loyal following during the already competitive Christmas season.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_–_Bloodlines
Just kind of a funny little sidenote in video game history for you.

Hoping I get some cash for Christmas so I can participate this year, if not, I miss out

Hoping for Fallout 3, New Vegas and Arkham Asylum GOTY and some dollar Indie Games (hey Meat Boy, I'm looking at you)

eznark

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
There have been 2-3 cases where games have been priced low in error and the prices have been raised.

There are 5 games * 12 days = 60 games that will be cheaper on daily deals than on their regular sale price.

As advice that works 30 times more often than it doesn't, I'd say it's not a myth.

I misread. I thought he meant only buy packages and save the single game deals for the end.

He is still saying partake in the daily deals though, ya?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
You couldn't wait 10 minutes for him to finish setting up, you heathens?

Oh, THQ will probably lower they're game pack again. I got it the year before they included Metro 2033. I'm looking for a Crysis Pack. Other than that, there isn't too much tempting me.

Yup, shouldn't have to worry about anything really tempting me.

Nothing.

:(

fresquito

Still, we will see a lot of people crying: "Oh, I should have waited, I bought x game at x price and now it's cheaper!" :lol

Seriously people, follow tip number one.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
This shouldn't be much of a surprise, since it went on sale last Holiday Sale as well, but the THQ Complete Pack is on sale for $49.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4587/

THQ Complete Pack
Items included:

Company of Heroes
Released Jul 17, 2007
$9.99

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Released Sep 24, 2007
$19.99

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Released Apr 8, 2009
$29.99