• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Junior Hockey Championships |OT| Where Future Busts Become National Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

*switches to Spengler Cup*

Ahhhhh, nothing like Christmas break hockey.

Ohh, Canada vs Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, hate those guys!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The Sens prospects were good tonight for both Canada and the US, so I guess there's that.

zroid

Banned
That shot location chart looks nice for Canada anyways...

CXLd0rtWsAEBgQ-.jpg

the fact they limited USA to so few shots in tight bodes well for the tournament... especially once Blackwood comes back

Damn

I wondered if this would happen, because Canada just isn't as strong this year.

We had company so I missed the last two goals. How bad were they?

HariKari

As a Coyotes fan, loved seeing Strome have a good game. As someone who has put up with the Marner hype train, loved seeing him struggle a bit.

Mitch Marner first round bust confirmed?

Just kidding of course. I fell asleep during the game but he didn't look very good from what I saw.

Between that and Nylander getting hurt today sucked.

As a Coyotes fan, loved seeing Strome have a good game. As someone who has put up with the Marner hype train, loved seeing him struggle a bit.

Didn't Strome score on assists by Marner and Dermott?

Bits of the game I managed to see were pretty poor, and neither team looked impressive. Crouse failing to clear the piuck during that sustained period of pressure was something weird. He was maybe one half stride from centre ice.

zroid

Banned

Just kidding of course. I fell asleep during the game but he didn't look very good from what I saw.

I thought he was a bit nervous to start, but he and Strome were easily the two best forwards for Canada in the 3rd period

hopefully the 3rd period was a sign of what's to come

Yawnier

Banned

Marner played decent for the last 10 minutes or so, which is fine but isn't good enough when you're on the top line. Though slow starts aren't anything weird for him. He did make a few plays in forechecking and backchecking though

Apparently Kapanen played good but I didn't watch that game, so.....

The Nylander injury is kind of hanging over everything now, at least for me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Canada didn't lose because of Marner and Strome. Marner did pretty well, and at least he didn't tip the goddamn puck when it was headed to our goalie...

zroid

Banned

Apparently Babcock mentioned that they've been in touch with Nylander and he's doing ok.

Although it's hard to know what that means exactly, it might still be a concussion

Worst part: People saying his head was down, when anyone with a pair of functional eyes can see that it wasn't.

Blindside hits are ugly, everytime. With so much attention now on this aspect of the game I have no idea why more isn't done to prevent them.

ZZMitch

Sad I missed the USAvsCanada game hope they play again.. Was out skiing. Glad to see USA win tho, I'll have to go text all my friends from uni who I used to watch this with and let them know who is top dog...for now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Craig Button compared him to Borowiecki :lol

Lol Craig Button doesn't know shit. I watched the game and he's a much better skater than Boroshit, has much better puck skills than him, he can actually play the PP, and he doesn't run around in his d zone like a chicken with its head cut off. He reminds me of a Bieksa when he was decent.

Also Button was fucking horrendous in the game today, he didn't know how to comment on things, he was minutes behind the play and would stop talking all together mid sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom