• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 just might become one of the most prolific years in gaming.

bilderberg

So you only value giant triple A games??

I enjoy every type of good games, i don't need 98mc games to consider a year great...

For people who like action game or tps, gears5 and dmc 5 are probably better than any game you listed in your post...
I hated both those games

bilderberg

Level design in action game are always been simple, but the combat is some of the best you can find in action games, you don't really need that much to be an excellent action game, look at bayonetta.
Ninja Gaiden Black has the best combat in any action game, and its got zelda-lite exploration and puzzle solving. Linear, A-B, level design isn't a prerequisite for a good action game.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ninja Gaiden Black has the best combat in any action game, and its got zelda-lite exploration and puzzle solving. Linear, A-B, level design isn't a prerequisite for a good action game.
yeah but people remember that game for the combat, not for the rest, let's be honest here.
of course if you have other thing beside the combat is always good, but a pure action is defined by his combat for the most part.

Last edited:

bilderberg

yeah but people remember that game for the combat, not for the rest, let's be honest here.
of course if you have other thing beside the combat is always good, but a pure action is defined by his combat for the most part.
Maybe not remembered for it, but not forgotten about either. Ninja Gaiden 2 arguably has better combat than Black, but Black is held in higher regard because it was more than just a straight forward linear action game.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Xenogears, Half-Life, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Starcraft, Banjo Kazooie, Spyro The Dragon, Xenogears, Medievil, Rogue Squadron, Baldur's Gate, Parasite Eve, 1080 Snowboarding, Unreal, Radiant Silvergun were all new IPs in 1998
what a great year that was.

Xenogears, Half-Life, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Starcraft, Banjo Kazooie, Spyro The Dragon, Xenogears, Medievil, Rogue Squadron, Baldur's Gate, Parasite Eve, 1080 Snowboarding, Unreal, Radiant Silvergun were all new IPs in 1998
Panzer Dragoon Saga was the third game in its lineup, Rogue Squadron and Baldur's Gate were not new IPs (based on Star Wars and on D&D Forgotten Realms). I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just think it's interesting how most of the notable games he listed were sequels, that's all.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm sure it's going to be a solid year but I'm just going to continue to take one day at a time. I still have a landslide of games from this year to play, f.ex. Resident Evil 2 which has sat unplayed on my SSD for a long time already... I need more hours in a day, 24 is NOT enough.

Top Bottom