• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NFL Season | OT | "Some of those blokes are giving 110, 120%"

Who gon' winnit? (cut off at 10 for poll brevity's sake)

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • San Fran 49ers

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Los Angeles Rams

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Cleveland Browns

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other, hear me roar my reasons

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • DEM TITANS BABAY

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Tschumi

I can only guess some of his players made it pretty clear that it wasn't acceptable.. shame that the Raiders are losing him during a period of stability and effectiveness but whaddaya gonna do

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I can only guess some of his players made it pretty clear that it wasn't acceptable.. shame that the Raiders are losing him during a period of stability and effectiveness but whaddaya gonna do
You saw there was more that came out right?

also
hA0mpDM.png

Hinedorf

Banned
Dave Chappelle called it! You can disparage black people all you want but the gays will get you cancelled every time.

Yesterday story about a black mans lips and there's black men on TV defending Gruden isn't a racist

Today you hear stuff about homophobic comments....... no longer employed

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
NFL employs the services of domestic abusers and no one gives a ****. Tyreke Hill and Ezekiel Elliott are lionized today.

Mean private emails from a decade ago leak and that's too much.

The NFL is woke garbage.

Tschumi

I agree re: wife beaters, i think it's a double standard, don't think it's woke especially, he apparently also said shit about gays and imo he should get fired for being an idjit at least as much as hurtful lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sucks that Gruden’s racist emails happened and I would have liked to have seen the evidence I mean it’s 2021 we launch people in Space and you can’t show us an NFL’s coach raciest email? That said, let’s say this is a good decision for Las Vegas Raiders, everybody knows you ain’t beating KC, Mahomes will get 150+ TDs in the next three seasons, and your quarterback could be a backup by December.
see ya goodbye GIF by WWE

Tschumi

Sucks that Gruden’s racist emails happened and I would have liked to have seen the evidence I mean it’s 2021 we launch people in Space and you can’t show us an NFL’s coach raciest email? That said, let’s say this is a good decision for Las Vegas Raiders, everybody knows you ain’t beating KC, Mahomes will get 150+ TDs in the next three seasons, and your quarterback could be a backup by December.
see ya goodbye GIF by WWE
i don't know much, but i think i'm learning that it was the NFL that was leaking the emails and they were going to continue leaking them until he got canned, i might be like TOTALLY WRONG about that, I'll try to look into it more.

Apparently it wasn't just one/a few emails, and it wasn't just one 'brand' of bad behavior, apparently he was just a general dickhead about a lot of things

just wanna reiterate tho, i don't like the league's stance on wife beating vs. their stance on racism and homophobia. players like Hill and Antonio Brown should be out.. I mean, Michael Vick got fucked for dog fighting, why is Tyreek Hill catching passes ?

MastaKiiLA

NFL employs the services of domestic abusers and no one gives a ****. Tyreke Hill and Ezekiel Elliott are lionized today.

Mean private emails from a decade ago leak and that's too much.

The NFL is woke garbage.

This is one of the longer reaches I've seen. The Zeke and Tyreke aren't management. If Gruden was arrested for domestic abuse, he'd be fired all the same. Players aren't being forced out of the league for past emails either.

At the end of the day, there's no need to feel sorry for people getting crushed by their own actions. What happened to Gruden is people got to see what he really thinks, and it's not the kind of stuff you want to hear from a person responsible for managing a large number players of the very ethnicity he was mocking. And he works with LGBTQ people, so not cool there either.

In many ways, this is more embarrassing and stupid than Bobby Petrino's motorcycle adventure. Everyone should know in the 2000s that emails are not private. Talking all reckless in emails is just dumb. There's nothing gained other than a sick burn among like-minded cohorts. But the risk is the same as Petrino crashing his motorcycle with a woman who wasn't his wife. At least he was getting to smash a former volleyball player he'd hired. At least he was getting something out of it. And who can forget that cherry-faced, neck-braced comedy show presser from Petrino. If you're going to disgrace yourself, put some fucking effort in.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This is one of the longer reaches I've seen. The Zeke and Tyreke aren't management. If Gruden was arrested for domestic abuse, he'd be fired all the same. Players aren't being forced out of the league for past emails either.

At the end of the day, there's no need to feel sorry for people getting crushed by their own actions. What happened to Gruden is people got to see what he really thinks, and it's not the kind of stuff you want to hear from a person responsible for managing a large number players of the very ethnicity he was mocking. And he works with LGBTQ people, so not cool there either.

In many ways, this is more embarrassing and stupid than Bobby Petrino's motorcycle adventure. Everyone should know in the 2000s that emails are not private. Talking all reckless in emails is just dumb. There's nothing gained other than a sick burn among like-minded cohorts. But the risk is the same as Petrino crashing his motorcycle with a woman who wasn't his wife. At least he was getting to smash a former volleyball player he'd hired. At least he was getting something out of it. And who can forget that cherry-faced, neck-braced comedy show presser from Petrino. If you're going to disgrace yourself, put some fucking effort in.

People aren't "crushed for their own actions". They're deliberately targeted and removed by bitter, miserable people who have no knowledge of the human condition.

Have you ever spent any time with guys playing sports? Awful shit is said all the time because masculine culture is so much different than feminine culture.

Randy Moss isn't crying because his soul hurts. He's been around people, and said things many times worse than what Gruden typed 11 years ago. He's crying because the cameras are on him and he's spiteful. He's crying because he's trying to fill a void with hate. We saw people on 9/11 hold it together better than Randy Moss and his female cohost did. It's a pathetic act.

That being said, Jon Gruden is a millionaire many times over and coaches get fired all the time. I'm probably not spending my time wisely by defending him.

This is modern day McCarthyism perpetuated by people who insist they're not in a cult.

NickFire

is it safe to say that you object to most of the performers lined up for this year's half time show? I don't want to see them cancelled, but if we're being intellectually honest and impartial, most of them have publicly said much worse.

Tschumi

Of his former coach, Carr said: "I love the man, [but] you hate the sin. No one's perfect."

Welcome back to the fun part of NFL!

PREDICTIONS WEEK 6!

Score going in:
Tschumi = 61.25% ⭐
Nobody_Important Nobody_Important = 68.75% ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion = 62.5% ⭐
Elpidio Valdés Elpidio Valdés = 68.75 ⭐

It's a close race in the pedictions stakes this season!

Eagles - Buccaneers - Easy to predict this one... Which means it's a perfect time for the Bucs to fuck up!
Jaguars - Dolphins - I dunno, you take what you get and I just wish the best for the Jags. But if you take the QB outta the equation it's clear which team has the better lineup, and I think Tua will have more influence than Lawrence, as far as it goes.
Panthers - Vikings - McCaffrey out for third straight game, Dalvin Cook due back, cousins might get sacked too much but i think injuries are going to be influential.
Ravens - Chargers - Again, I'll have to look more deeply into this, but going in I think the Chargers have more weapons across the board and a fitter allround defense than the Colts had.
Gianst - Rams - Nailed on, sorry Jonesy.
Colts - Texans - The Colts did well until injuries let Jackson look like an elite passer, I still worry that they'll give Davis Mills a lot of room to air it, but he isn't quite the same kind of threat. Cooks should get more some points for Fantasy though, I deem.
WhFT - Chiefs - I sincerely doubt the Chiefs will let this keep happening. WHffffT have given the fifrth most passing yards away and have very few sacks, i think it's a recipe for success for wheremahomesat
Bears - Packers - I don't think the Pack is invincible but I do think they've got enough weapons to keep giving Rodgers looks and I don't think the Bears can hold them out enough.
Lions - Bengals - Feeling sorry for Goff, I think it's entirely possible that he's getting the same Lions curse that Stafford got for all those years. He's a better QB than results show. I think the Bengals' questionable running game could make them predictable and give the Lions a shot.
Browns - Cardinals - I'll have a look at the Card's run D but I feel like Kyler Murray has taken over from Carr as the invisible MVP candidate this season and I think their problem solving capacity is huge. If the Brows win this, though, they're legit.
Patriots - Cowboys - This is damn hard, what a fantastic chance to see what Bill and the Pats can do, but I think the Cowboys are just a more fully matured team atm.
Broncos - Raiders - I don't know how the Raiders will bounce back from losing their HC but it'd be hard to pick them this week. I'll look at injuries.
Steelers - Seahawks - Wilson is out for the first time in history, I don't think the Hawks can overcome this.
Titans - Bills - the Bills are unbackable favourites to coin an international betting term, I think, I mean the Titans have a shot but the Bills are putting way too many points on the board this season.

Let's goooooo!

Last edited:
Dang I was close last week, freaking NI lol.

Mr. Sixth Round (yuck) deflates the Eagles
Tua returns, sexily dances in the sidelines and enchants Meyer and the Jaguars
Aaron the Hollywood nailer, hibernates the Bears
Dan the Manimal Campbell (wish the Dolphins had kept him) mauls the Bengals to pieces
The Colt revolver is too powerful for the weak Texans
The Rams run rough shot over the hospital filled Giants
The Chiefs tribe conquers Washington
Erik the Red Cousins sends Sam Darnold's Panthers running for the hills
The Ravens pick apart Justin TDS Herbert
Arizona burns hot and sends the Browns home with their underwears brown
Broncos send mean emails and the soft Raiders buckle under pressure (Al Davis is weeping)
Jerry Jones Cowboys sting operation is a success against the massage lover's team.
Pittsburgh against Gino Smith lmao - don't make me laugh
The Bills have always been Tannehill's daddies, the ownage continues

Tschumi

Dang I was close last week, freaking NI lol.

Mr. Sixth Round (yuck) deflates the Eagles
Tua returns, sexily dances in the sidelines and enchants Meyer and the Jaguars
Aaron the Hollywood nailer, hibernates the Bears
Dan the Manimal Campbell (wish the Dolphins had kept him) mauls the Bengals to pieces
The Colt revolver is too powerful for the weak Texans
The Rams run rough shot over the hospital filled Giants
The Chiefs tribe conquers Washington
Erik the Red Cousins sends Sam Darnold's Panthers running for the hills
The Ravens pick apart Justin TDS Herbert
Arizona burns hot and sends the Browns home with their underwears brown
Broncos send mean emails and the soft Raiders buckle under pressure (Al Davis is weeping)
Jerry Jones Cowboys sting operation is a success against the massage lover's team.
Pittsburgh against Gino Smith lmao - don't make me laugh
The Bills have always been Tannehill's daddies, the ownage continues
humour

happy doctor who GIF

Eagles - Buccaneers -
Jaguars -
Dolphins -
Panthers - Vikings - fan pick
Ravens - Chargers -
Gianst - Rams -
Colts - Texans - not backing Mills and the Texans all season.
WFT - Chiefs -
Bears - Packers -
Lions - Bengals - lions have been so close, so many times. there time is due for a win. risky for sure.
Browns - Cardinals - coin flip. but the better team wins.
Patriots - Cowboys - how bout dem cowboys
Broncos - Raiders - i want to say denver, but i'm gonna back carr and raider nation to overcome the drama. grudens been garbage since taking over. they don't need him.
Steelers - Seahawks - because geno smith is so successful.
Titans - Bills -

Tschumi

shit , early doors it looks like the bucs are gonna give the game to philly... at least give parity

wooo just brought in zac ertz for my fantasy tight end with kittel out
and just brought in fournette for aaron jones it looks like he's getting volumne tonight

oh folding google phone ad made me gag

Last edited:

Tschumi

-_- GMC releases a car with boomboxes built into the tailgate and we've completed our journey into 90s gangsta rap megastar car custom jobs

Tschumi

i start getting a feeling... maybe in the last 5 or so years college teams have really figured out how to make QBs peak early, while they're in college, and the NFL teams are kinda slow to realise that players who look like they're destined to blossom are already kinda capped out... this is what watching Hurts brings to mind, he's a bit small, maybe they thought he could carry it but maybe he just maximised what he had...

Top Bottom