• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2024 feels like the calm before the storm!

Do you think 2025 will be a watershed moment for this generation?

• Total voters

Markio128

Can I just start by saying that it’s Friday night, and I may have had a few beverages (hic).

I have a funny feeling that 2025 is going to be biblical. Yeah, yeah, we’ve heard it all before right?…

GTA 6 alone is going to cause a massive spike in gaming fever, but on top of that I think we’re going to start seeing some big fruits falling from the mega-dev tree.

We’ve all been waiting patiently (or not) for Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, The Coalition, The initiative, Kojima, etc., to kick off the generation proper.

And then there will be new iterations of the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles, and a new friggin console from Nintendo!

Trust me, I’d use 2024 to start saving your cash, and maybe save some holidays too.

Or you could just ignore me and continue to argue about the performance of Dragons Dogma 2.

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

fart town usa

Gold Member
I dunno bruh, everyone was raving about 2023 being a banger year but I've already forgot what the big games were in 2023, 2024 has absolutely been an absolute flood for me and I am barely keeping my head above water. I feel like whatever releases in 2025 will appease the graphics hounds but I'm honestly not aware of what is set to release so I have no hype.

As for GTAVI, I completely understand why people are hyped and it'll sell boat loads but I couldn't care less, that's just me obviously.

Same for whatever Sony 1st parties are cooking up, nothing about their games get me excited. If anything it'll be the 2nd coming of SBI.

Topher

Gold Member
Can I just start by saying that it’s Friday night, and I may have had a few beverages (hic).

I have a funny feeling that 2025 is going to be biblical. Yeah, yeah, we’ve heard it all before right?…

GTA 6 alone is going to cause a massive spike in gaming fever, but on top of that I think we’re going to start seeing some big fruits falling from the mega-dev tree.

We’ve all been waiting patiently (or not) for Rockstar, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, The Coalition, The initiative, Kojima, etc., to kick off the generation proper.

And then there will be new iterations of the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles, and a new friggin console from Nintendo!

Trust me, I’d use 2024 to start saving your cash, and maybe save some holidays too.

Or you could just ignore me and continue to argue about the performance of Dragons Dogma 2.

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

Phil Hartman Yes GIF

never disagree with a drunk man

K' Dash

This is the shittiest gen ever. EVER.

I’m more excited about my SNES backlog than whatever Sony (which doesn’t have any first party games for this year) or Microsoft (where are the fucking games?) have incoming.

Pure trash all over, with just a few glowing gems.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
At this point, it’s looking like new-gen consoles are the “Pro” consoles - running previous-gen games at higher frame-rates and resolution - while the Pro console are going to mark the period of next-gen exclusives. So, sure, PS5 Pro should align with some nice visual candy, although only as part of the new cycle. “Watershed” is overselling it a tad.

Perrott

Gold Member
2025 will shit all over 2023 and become one of the greatest, most memorable years in gaming ever.
  • Nintendo Switch successor, arriving alongside a bunch of great Nintendo exclusives, some of which we haven't had in a while (3D Mario, Mario Kart).
  • PlayStation and Xbox first-party teams finally firing on all cylinders with their output of console exclusive titles.
  • Third-party companies bringing in the goods: Marvel 1943, Monster Hunter Wilds, new Resident Evil, Dragon Quest XII and/or Kingdom Hearts IV, new Far Cry, new Metro, new Ace Combat, Persona 6, Vince Zampella's Battlefield...
  • Grand Theft Auto VI.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
CxUq3I.gif

I feel like GTAVI is just this overwhelming behemoth looming over the industry casting its shadows over everything else happening in 2024 and 2025.

Markio128

I’m definitely in the ‘yes’ camp.

I want the next Uncharted, or Gears of War. A proper blockbuster. And I think we’ll see at least one next year.

A new GTA game is massive really - when you consider that GTAV was first released over 10 years ago. GTA games are the pinnacle of open world fun as far as I’m concerned.

I can’t bloody wait.

Markio128

CxUq3I.gif

I feel like GTAVI is just this overwhelming behemoth looming over the industry casting its shadows over everything else happening in 2024 and 2025.
I kind of agree, but I also think that it’ll be the catalyst for a truly memorable 2025 and beyond.

Top Bottom