• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 Minutes of Saints Row Gameplay have leaked

HoodWinked

the preview looks boring as hell but open world gaming tend to look like shit in previews. also another thing going for it is that it's releasing at a pretty good time its been a drought for months and August is also dead.

Nydius

So we thinking better or worse than Agents of Mayhem. Hey maybe the open world city is actualy fun to explore..
Yeah...
I'm sticking to my original personal prediction of slightly better than AoM but not close to the same level of the original Saints Row franchise.

I guess the question I'm more interested in is: If this bombs, what becomes of Volition? That would be back-to-back failures for the studio. Would they be dissolved and their talent spread out across other Deep Silver/Koch Media studios?

Barakov

It cant be worst than Agents of Meh-hem, it just cant.
I'm sure it will be a solid game but a game that is 10 years too late judging from the gameplay.
I don't know. It seems like they're trying awfully hard to surpass their previous game in the worst way possible.

Droxcy

They always give review copies to absolute robots literally feels like I'm watching either a newborn or an AI try to play a video game lmao so scripted feeling without it even trying to be makes me want to not even touch the game

fatmarco

It maybe speaks to the talent they've built over the years at Volition that the series has barely evolved in the decade they've been given to improve this series.

I mean does that shooting model look much improved over Saints Row 2?

This must be the same basic tech from that era that they've been dragging forward in every game. When you think that this developer used to push technical boundaries with their games like Red Faction 1, Guerilla, Saints Row 1 etc. and now are reduced to this its just sad.

Ravi_elite

Banned
It maybe speaks to the talent they've built over the years at Volition that the series has barely evolved in the decade they've been given to improve this series.

I mean does that shooting model look much improved over Saints Row 2?

This must be the same basic tech from that era that they've been dragging forward in every game. When you think that this developer used to push technical boundaries with their games like Red Faction 1, Guerilla, Saints Row 1 etc. and now are reduced to this its just sad.
1eAe0Pm.jpg
qjpTcj0.jpg
zYZnuuf.jpg
EzBlu1W.jpg
0Ajia08.jpg
9vGuuqv.gif
the good o
8PnGX9i.gif
L
8pHnjEE.jpg
X1aNnAp.gif
44HB3cY.gif