• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 days before my lease on the house ends and now this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubanb

Banned
i threw a BBQ last night (it was everyones last day of finals). and a couple of my friends got into a wrestling match
fuck

Dyne

I once punched out a hole in my wall.

Basically, cut the jagged parts to make a large rectangle. Cut a piece of jiprock of equal size, plaster it in, mud in the cracks, sand the mud after it's dry, and paint over it.

The people at the Home Improvement centres usually know exactly what to do and what products work best. Ask them right away.

It's quick and easy.

yoshifumi

Banned
i've got so many holes in my walls... one where the doorstop fell out of the wall so the doorknob had busted a nice one, 2 where i punched a hole through the drywall, one gigantic one that i elbowed a hole through and made bigger when i tried to fix it in a panic (it's like 12 x 12), and a bunch of other shit too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
step 1: Have your friends read this thread

step 2: Tell said friends to fix your wall

cubanb

Banned
yoshifumi said:
i've got so many holes in my walls... one where the doorstop fell out of the wall so the doorknob had busted a nice one, 2 where i punched a hole through the drywall, one gigantic one that i elbowed a hole through and made bigger when i tried to fix it in a panic (it's like 12 x 12), and a bunch of other shit too.

howd u make it bigger fixing it in a panic? I already got a reference from my landlord for my next housing siuation, so Im thinkin i might just leave it for them to deal with in case I end up messing it up further.

Vlad

If it's only 9"x7", then you don't need to bother using sheetrock or anything. You may just be able to get away with using some mesh patching stuff (it tends to be cloth-like, and sold in sheets, check out Home Depot), spackle and sandpaper. Of course, if the wall which its on isn't white, you'll have to paint it.

cubanb said:
howd u make it bigger fixing it in a panic? I already got a reference from my landlord for my next housing siuation, so Im thinkin i might just leave it for them to deal with in case I end up messing it up further.
Hmm.... that's a good idea actually.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
10 x 10 Wall Patch - $4.34

1gal of Drywall Mud - $2.46

12oz can of Spray Texture - $7.97

The satisfaction of knowing the people after you will have a paper thin wall and not know it...Priceless!

These are real prices from where I work btw :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom