• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] Rumours of what to expect in GTA V: E&E

YCoCg

Gold Member
In what world is a complete engine rewrite, increased physics and damage models, 100+ new music tracks, AI and density increase and fucking VR support "underwhelming"?

What else were you expecting?
Only the gullible buy into the "complete engine rewrite" bullshit, if anyone has ever looked at the internals of a Rockstar game they always bolt on top of what they've done, it's been like that since day 1 with table tennis.

The most it could be is updating the engine build from GTAVs to the one RDR2 used which has a few extra graphical features.

Physics and Damage code is already there, it was toned down from GTA IV.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Until there is a PSVR2 on the market I'm calling BS
Why would they rebuild the game around tech that's not even announced or released and hardly anyone will have when it does so what's the point.

SJRB

Gold Member
Only the gullible buy into the "complete engine rewrite" bullshit, if anyone has ever looked at the internals of a Rockstar game they always bolt on top of what they've done, it's been like that since day 1 with table tennis.

The most it could be is updating the engine build from GTAVs to the one RDR2 used which has a few extra graphical features.

Physics and Damage code is already there, it was toned down from GTA IV.

So your point is they are "lazy" because they utilize already available code and didn't put enough time or effort into coding new things?

And this affects/bothers you as you play the game with said enhancements, how exactly?

element

Euphoria is no longer a product and hasn't been updated by NaturalMotion since 2017.

So any changes to physics would be done in-house.

YCoCg

Gold Member
So your point is they are "lazy" because they utilize already available code and didn't put enough time or effort into coding new things?

And this affects/bothers you as you play the game with said enhancements, how exactly?
No I never said that? I said you're gullible if you believe the "complete engine rewrite" rumour because their own evidence is there clear to see, if for the past 15 years they've added on top and cleaned some bits up then why oh why would they throw that out and rebuild the entire thing for another port of GTAV of all things?

YCoCg

Gold Member
Euphoria is no longer a product and hasn't been updated by NaturalMotion since 2017.

So any changes to physics would be done in-house.
GTA IV has more advanced physics than GTAV, they toned it down a lot in GTAV, so for this they could just re-enable what was turned off or turned down, this would make parts of the game feel different though, closer to GTA IV/RDR1.

element

GTA IV has more advanced physics than GTAV, they toned it down a lot in GTAV, so for this they could just re-enable what was turned off or turned down, this would make parts of the game feel different though, closer to GTA IV/RDR1.
Again, back to my original point, Euphoria is dead and has been since 2017. Rockstar might have rebuilt their own version, but NaturalMotion ceased all licensing and support years ago.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Until there is a PSVR2 on the market I'm calling BS
Why would they rebuild the game around tech that's not even announced or released and hardly anyone will have when it does so what's the point.
But PSVR2 has been announced

bender

What time is it?
Show me a picture of the headset then

bender-helmet.jpg

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
PS3 to PS4 was a step up for me and worth getting the game when it rereleased. Beyond that, unless there is a single player friendly mode for GTAO like there is for RDRO then this doesn't move me at all.

how does this sound underwhelming?

all of this sounds like a huge leap

i am imagining a new level of physics that is terrifyingly life-like

this is R* and these guys deliver

GTA6 must have been strongly in development for the past decade+

so i am thinking they are gonna do for GTA what asobo has done for flight simulator

when the teaser for this baby comes out we'll all be storming to have a gtx 3090

Top Bottom