• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan - New PS5 event rumoured to be 12th June

Nankatsu

This post grew old even before it was written......:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was joking mate, sorry.

1U8K.gif

TLZ

Banned
Lol 4chan
If it really is true, then this could also be true then, because it also comes from 4chan and was just recently posted:

- CPU and GPU Clocks aren't super stable. Expect Third Party games to be over 30+% better on Xbox ( Please, do not expect PS5 to beat Xbox performance, not gonna happen like some crazy people are saying out there ).

- No VRS Tier 2 or Mesh Shaders.

- Expect Raytracing Performance to be over 40+% better on Xbox.

- PS5 Design is ugly and the box is huge. :'(

anyway, we will find out

giphy.gif

Geki-D

Banned
I'll be surprised if nothing leaks, they're really risking everything getting leaked with the delay.
Firstly, if you consider all of the stuff that's already leaked to be legit then, you know, stuff as already leaked. Secondly, this is a digital event, it exists as a file on a HDD at Sony. The only reason we got leaks for other events is because journos and people were invited and got schedules in advance. That's not the case here. Besides leaks from people who know (or claim to) what devs are making, don't expect an actual leak of what exactly we'll see.

Last edited:

kyoji

One week later will suddenly make it all better - oh wait it won't but damn the good press was great, wasn't it?
Regardless of how you feel personally whatever they did here will be criticzed, at least instead of simply posting a blank statement alone they in return backed it up in action by moving the event. Im not even going to get into the ethics with you of rather they could have possibly did it because they empathize or for publicity. The real story here is how some of you on this forum are really showing how childish you are and wrapped in a bubble. imagine crying and complaining about a delay of an event with everything that is going on in the world right now, and no i dont just mean with the USA. It just so happens this is what its linked to.

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
Will be just in time for new lootings...and postponed again till peace will come to this world
Who cares about world peace? It's all about media presence. You don't want to share the headlines of your new plastic toy with annoying things like riots and looting, You want them just for your plastic toy. So June 12th makes perfect sense, because combined with the reviews from hype game of this gen chances are good, that your plastic toy wins the social media and news battle.

kyoji

For all the people saying so one week makes a difference? youre falling on your own swords. If youve waited till june 4th 2020 for ps5 info then you can wait longer.

If they hold the event june 4th as planned people are going to bitch. If they delay the event people will bitch. So they picked one. In theory there is no wrong or right answer in a situation like this. There is only what will lead to backlash or backlash. youre not going to please everyone.

I also want to add that you have to consider timing of the events. I dont *think* any execs or marketing at sony would be so insensitive as to neglect other parts of the world where obviously there are horrible things that go on. The crooked cop murder happened early last week, sony announced ps5 event middle of week, riots started shortly after that. Had it not been for the latter i can almost guarantee you the event would still be happening june 4th. but because of everything that happened in rapid succession after the announcement one could argue that it looks bad if they would have still greenlit the june 4th date.

Last edited:

Shin

Banned

I think rightfully so and it's not personal as my stance would apply to any company and/or person deploying the same methods - it is a mockery.
Nothing just happens, you'd be mighty blind which is most likely intentionally to even remotely think that - they moved HQ to the USA > world.

Frederic

Banned
If they hold the event june 4th as planned people are going to bitch.

who would bitch about that? seriously?! WHO?
its not like they are an US company, or that they will show games where cops are violent, or that they will show a racist game or anything. I thing NO ONE would be mad if sony would just do the event. seriously.

It's just gaming.

kyoji

who would bitch about that? seriously?! WHO?
its not like they are an US company, or that they will show games where cops are violent, or that they will show a racist game or anything. I thing NO ONE would be mad if sony would just do the event. seriously.

It's just gaming.
You could be a person of the highest integrity and moral value of this world, someone will still find fault with you. If you dont understand this analogy i dont know what to tell you but i respect your position.

Last edited:

Self

imagine crying and complaining about a delay of an event with everything that is going on in the world right now, and no i dont just mean with the USA. It just so happens this is what its linked to.

What do you mean with right now? This shit is going on since the dawn of mankind.

Look, people do care about the shit going on in the US and hope they'll soon be over it.
But how do companies help these people by postponing long awaited events?

Don't let the whole world feel the consequences of stupid political dicisions made within the USA.

Kokoloko85

Rumours about a delay3ed event.....
Id just rather wait till the day it happens now.

Probably will be cancelled because of Covid-19 part 2.... fuck 2020

The delay doesn't make any sense and this is yet another Sony marketing mistake to add to the long list. A statement condemning racism was enough, show your support publicly. The undated delay sounds like an excuse for other problems...

hemo memo

Gold Member
The delay doesn't make any sense and this is yet another Sony marketing mistake to add to the long list. A statement condemning racism was enough, show your support publicly. The undated delay sounds like an excuse for other problems...

They have already aired ESPN ads. I mean those aren’t cheap.

Roufianos

Sure it will be next week. If it drops the same day as TLOU II reviews then Sony's PR are even more retarded than I thought.

Keep hoping they announce official date soon. Wonder when that will come.
INB4 "delayed indefinitely"... They better hurry up or things might leak before the actua lreveal.

At this point I would be pretty shocked if leaks aren't coming out starting today or tomorrow. Seems inevitable?

yurinka

You need to ask TGO ;)
He is doing the great job with the train.
Ok thanks. There are a lot of threads of PS5 related stuff, I even can't find which one has the hype train.
Hey TGO TGO , is there a window seat available for the PS5 hype train? Please can you add me there and mention which thread has the train? Thanks in advance!

i honestly don't care for a date to look forward to anymore. I just want someone to leak everything cuz at this rate we may not see anything before the ms first party event.

If things don't improve maybe Microsoft will delay their event as well.

Remember Sonys event is already pre-recorded and ready to drop whenever they feel like it. They can easily release the footage before Microsofts event.

DeeDogg_

Banned
I'm so sick of hearing different rumored dates. So now it's an extra 8 days, and 10 days from today?

Get your fucking act together, Sony. Fire Jim Ryan. All bad news since he got promoted.
It’s his SJW handlers not Jimbo. That Shawn guy was just a chuck glad they got rid of him

Joey.

This would be great if true. Hopefully its true.
Kudos to Sony if true, they took a fantastic approach.
We can wait a week, there are much more important things happening right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom