• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan - New PS5 event rumoured to be 12th June

Paulxo87

It won't be next week.

Sony have to hire a place
Organise shit with all 3rd parties again!
Get some ad deals revived/reviewed on TV stations.

This will be at least 2 weeks if not 3

None of this makes sense. They first ran the tv ads within 3 days of the event happening

Rent a place? It's not a live production LMFAO. It's inside of a Sony studio pre recorded. It was likely already recorded they are sitting on the video .

hemo memo

Gold Member
Now when you think will Sony going to officially announce the new date for the PS5 event?
I hope for tomorrow or at least this Friday.

Because I don't want other teasers from insiders like Jeff Grubb, of the type "soon" / "very soon" / or "a very close day", for a simple PS5 presentation date I don't accept them anymore.

Sony let's give us a date for PS5 event

Date on 11th reveal on 12th.

D.Final

Banned
It isn't happening June 12th imo, it will happen around June 20th if at all this month.

I think June 12 is a good alternative date for the PS5 event.
(beyond the factor "TLOU2 reviews" which can be easily anticipated or postponed for 1 day, if asked by Sony)
[and even if they were on the same day they would not get in the way, and can also rather amplify them]

However, Sony has to give us an alternative date soon.
(in 2/3 days)
Not in a month or so.

Since IGN and CDproject Red an alternative date for their events and they gave it immediately.

I think they will wait until July now. Do it a day or two after Microsoft’s event.

NzAJ221.jpg

spartan30gr

I really hope you're right... I am getting a bit fed up here, feeling like breaking some windows!

I understand you very well for this
But The hype train is on stop for a while ;)
Next week whe hope to see in he is final destination(ps5 digital event)

Last edited:
I understand you very well for this
But The hype train is on stop for a while ;)
Next week whe hope to see in he is final destination(ps5 digital event)

That should hold me off for a while.
This is all I ask for, some common decency and respect, being treated like a real human being, and some PS5 info.

Saberus

Damn. So they will just ANNOUNCE a new date soon? So the even itself is not soon? Damn. So expect at least 2 more weeksI I would reckon.
Maybe it is indeed July. Makes sense though.
July makes no sense.. PS5 will be in full production.. leaks will happen.. Sony will want to control the narrative, some fuzzy photo from Foxconn will screw it up for them.

dotnotbot

Damn. So they will just ANNOUNCE a new date soon? So the even itself is not soon? Damn. So expect at least 2 more weeksI I would reckon.
Maybe it is indeed July. Makes sense though.

What? Previous announcement was 6 days before the event.

McCheese

Media here in the UK have already mostly stopped coverage of the protests, which seemed to fizzle out after a couple of days.

Not sure what it's like over in the US, but in retrospect cancelling the show seems like a big overreaction.

My guess is they announce on Monday for Thursday.

Last edited:

T-Cake

July makes no sense.. PS5 will be in full production.. leaks will happen.. Sony will want to control the narrative, some fuzzy photo from Foxconn will screw it up for them.

I‘m trying to remember back to PS4 Pro. Did that leaked sketch really scupper the reveal of that console? I’m not sure it did.

Stolly

I appreciate that things are a nightmare in the US right now but, as far as a new games console launch is concerned, I suspect that on any given day there is a disaster going on in one country or another in the world. Sony have acted correctly and sensitively in delaying things from 4th I think but ithe whole world still moves on - ts not all about America you know

leo-j

Media here in the UK have already mostly stopped coverage of the protests, which seemed to fizzle out after a couple of days.

Not sure what it's like over in the US, but in retrospect cancelling the show seems like a big overreaction.

My guess is they announce on Monday for Thursday.
Biggest crowds yet yesterday in the US.

Degree

Banned

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Hmmm so the air gets in through the right side, into the PSU (apparently), then onto the heatsink and out through the left.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
Are people really pre-damage controlling the PS5 reveal by saying they need to hire space for the conference?

Some of the shit I read here truly boggles the mind.

Fox Mulder

Yeah that dev kit is ugly as fuck, I’d hate if that’s what the final console looked like. I’ll have to bury it in my entertainment center shadows and never look at it for years.

Frederic

Banned
Yeah that dev kit is ugly as fuck, I’d hate if that’s what the final console looked like. I’ll have to bury it in my entertainment center shadows and never look at it for years.

I think it's the final design, otherwise why would they have patented it? If it's a devkit, why would they bother? Doesn't make any sense.
They also NEVER EVER patented a devkit, so this would be the first time.

I think it's a given that it is the final design, since the patent has been published TODAY, when the PS5 event supposed to be, AND they also published the DualSense Patent TODAY.
It must be it.

T-Cake

Some folks were mentioning way back that they thought the dev kit would be very similar to the final console design. Otherwise, why go to all that trouble designing the devkit to look like it is when you could just shove all the components inside a plain, rectangular box.

Top Bottom