• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumour on upcoming Xbox events and new game reveals

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Thats the point. He first says Teraflop does not matter(why does no one talk about double the CU count in XSX then?), unlike Xbox One-PS4 games will look the same. He then says SSDs do matter. He finally says PS5 is better in "other ways" as he "heard from devs", after initially insisting on how there is no raw power difference. He even calls out to people saying XSX is more powerful, saying its because Sony didnt properly explain their specs to people and the ways they are superior to XSX. He even says XSX reveal is like Xbox One reveal and PS5 reveal is like PS4(in what world ?).
So,
  1. In most ways like raw power XSX is same as PS5
  2. But in some ways PS5 is better(secret sauce lol)

He's not saying there no raw difference. Is it wrong when digital foundry says the same thing about teraflops? You're twisting his words.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
He's not saying there no raw difference. Is it wrong when digital foundry says the same thing about teraflops? You're twisting his words.
I am not going to listen to that podcast to timestamp an exact quote again(its not worth the effort), but he did say it.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
UwxlpYe.png

HeadsUp7Up

I want some real leaks or news with pictures and hard facts. All the riddles and “soon” crap is stupid. Between all of the “whole lot of nothing” and stupid fanboy threads I’m already getting tired of next gen “news” before it’s even here.

I just wanted to put “something else” in quotes again since I felt like I “overused” it above. “Stepping” off my “soap box” now. (I’m tired of being locked down:messenger_loudly_crying:)

The Alien

Banned
I want some real leaks or news with pictures and hard facts. All the riddles and “soon” crap is stupid. Between all of the “whole lot of nothing” and stupid fanboy threads I’m already getting tired of next gen “news” before it’s even here.

I just wanted to put “something else” in quotes again since I felt like I “overused” it above. “Stepping” off my “soap box” now. (I’m tired of being locked down:messenger_loudly_crying:)
Congratulations and welcome to the club. 🎉

You have now achieved Hype Level 4: Exhaustion.

Open world Halo sounds great, but it also sounds like DESTINY, why on Earth did they lose Bungie over them wanting to go MMO with Halo if they're just going to go that direction anyways? They have to be kicking themselves.

MCplayer

Open world Halo sounds great, but it also sounds like DESTINY, why on Earth did they lose Bungie over them wanting to go MMO with Halo if they're just going to go that direction anyways? They have to be kicking themselves.
It will be like destiny lmao...
it will be just like the original halo, open world but linear missions

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I guess constatnt bitching that 343i is not that good as Bungie is going to pay the toll. Anyway did not they implement something in Reach MCC as there are in Destiny as a progression. Honestly I did not pay attention to it.

Reactions: JLB
It will be like destiny lmao...
it will be just like the original halo, open world but linear missions

So... Destiny...

I guess constatnt bitching that 343i is not that good as Bungie is going to pay the toll. Anyway did not they implement something in Reach MCC as there are in Destiny as a progression. Honestly I did not pay attention to it.

They first tried replicating CoD and that didn't go over well, they need to find something else to copy.

Destiny is crap though.

Nope!

CaptainClaw

So... Destiny...
No not like Destiny, he said what he said like Halo CE. Anyone that knows/Played CE knows what he is talking about.

When you land on Halo you have to rendezvous with the crashed lifepods and save marines towards the end of the mission there are 3 bases where the survivors are you can save any base in any order you want it's open but the mission story is still linear.
wIvpi0M1avlPQCcFKokSQ0aL3LI1nYOSb00ZMY7o7MKJl_OCU3dtWjiykXqMOojHnrrX8pNEG1pqey84LTjxHpP6cJ6WhhAK738

You can even stealth and avoid most of the first half of the missions enemies.

On the Mission The Silent Cartographer you have the entire island as a sandbox as soon as you touchdown with pelican you can storm the beach or you could turn around and walk the other way and fight the enemies guarding the control room.
latest

Even Halo 2 to an extent with the mission outskirts you could jump to the rooftops of buildings and traverse your way around it may not have been intended but due to the sandbox nature of the mission many gamers did this unintentionally, you could even Grenade jump or coop jump onto the pelican when it came after the hunters and make it to the rooftops that way.
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think he saying the missions are going to be open world but sandbox like how CE and 2 were you could traverse certain missions more than one way and it not just forcing you "Go here" "doors closes/building collapses...can't back track" "fight enemies" "door opens/event triggered...you can move pass this stage.

The more newer Halo games came out the more they made the missions linear in approach. So no it's nothing like Destiny Halo has been done this before and fans love the sandbox nature with a linear path to the story.

+ the sandbox nature of some missions is what made skull collecting and terminal hunting so fun. The more linear the missions are just makes finding collectables a chore and not very fun or challenging.

Last edited:
The first game wasn't open world it had open linear levels, a-la Crysis. The wording I've seen said is that the new Halo will be an open world with linear levels within it, that sounds like Destiny to me.

MCplayer

No not like Destiny, he said what he said like Halo CE. Anyone that knows/Played CE knows what he is talking about.

When you land on Halo you have to rendezvous with the crashed lifepods and save marines towards the end of the mission there are 3 bases where the survivors are you can save any base in any order you want it's open but the mission story is still linear.
wIvpi0M1avlPQCcFKokSQ0aL3LI1nYOSb00ZMY7o7MKJl_OCU3dtWjiykXqMOojHnrrX8pNEG1pqey84LTjxHpP6cJ6WhhAK738

On the Mission The Silent Cartographer you have the entire island as a sandbox as soon as you touchdown with pelican you can storm the beach or you could turn around and walk the other way and fight the enemies guarding the control room.
latest

Even Halo 2 to an extent with the mission outskirts you could jump to the rooftops of buildings and traverse your way around it may not have been intended but due to the sandbox nature of the mission many gamers did this unintentionally, you could even Grenade jump or coop jump onto the pelican when it came after the hunters and make it to the rooftops that way.
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think he saying the missions are going to be open world but sandbox like how CE and 2 were you could traverse certain missions more than one way and it not just forcing you "Go here" "doors closes/building collapses...can't back track" "fight enemies" "door opens/event triggered...you can move pass this stage.

The more newer Halo games came out the more they made the missions linear in approach. So no it's nothing like Destiny Halo has been done this before and fans love the sandbox nature with a linear path to the story.

+ the sandbox nature of some missions is what made skull collecting and terminal hunting so fun. The more linear the missions are just makes finding collectables a chore and not very fun or challenging.
my hero

Last edited:

MCplayer

The first game wasn't open world it had open linear levels, a-la Crysis. The wording I've seen said is that the new Halo will be an open world with linear levels within it, that sounds like Destiny to me.
yeah I doubt you will be able to go from a forest to a snowy mountain just by traverse, this aint red dead redemption or the witcher, they are going back the to its roots in some ways and this is one of them, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
I’m saying this as a huge PlayStation fan, Xbox is making all the right moves right now. They’re hyping up their products and keeping consumers engaged. Sony is completely MIA at the moment, no communication, no hints of reveals or announcements, no hype whatsoever. The silence is deafening on their part.

oldergamer

I’m saying this as a huge PlayStation fan, Xbox is making all the right moves right now. They’re hyping up their products and keeping consumers engaged. Sony is completely MIA at the moment, no communication, no hints of reveals or announcements, no hype whatsoever. The silence is deafening on their part.

Aye, this really makes me think Sony has no intention of launching this year. We're almost at the halfway point of 2020, and we've seen next to nothing on PS5 ( outside of the controller and logo design ). The last time this happened was PS3 where they scrapped the graphics chip and made a redesign to use Nvidia, while MS used ATI.

Similar things happened that generation. We saw no games on PS3 until almost launch ( The faked CG announcement videos sony claimed were actual games that E3 was a total lie. ). Then it got delayed until fall the next year, as they left everyone thinking it would launch alongside Xbox 360 as long as they could.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, just saying the way things are starting off, there's clearly a parallel that can be drawn

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Aye, this really makes me think Sony has no intention of launching this year. We're almost at the halfway point of 2020, and we've seen next to nothing on PS5 ( outside of the controller and logo design ). The last time this happened was PS3 where they scrapped the graphics chip and made a redesign to use Nvidia, while MS used ATI.

Similar things happened that generation. We saw no games on PS3 until almost launch ( The faked CG announcement videos sony claimed were actual games that E3 was a total lie. ). Then it got delayed until fall the next year, as they left everyone thinking it would launch alongside Xbox 360 as long as they could.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, just saying the way things are starting off, there's clearly a parallel that can be drawn
I’m definitely getting launch ps3 vibes from Sony right now. It’s unbelievable.

This.
When people use open world with linear missions that is Destiny. Open levels/sandbox gameplay with linear missions is different and how I would describe a Halo CE.

If somebody is saying that Halo Infinite is open world with linear missions I would hope they know the difference if they are an insider.

SCB3

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

See Also, ODST, an "Open World" Hub leading to more linear levels

Reactions: RSB

Dabaus

Banned
Rumors are starting come to head that Xbox series x has already been in production and is looking likely for a September release. Someone claiming to have inside info said as much and one of the mods at reee era said they had reliable information.

Look I’m not trying to concern troll here, but Sony cannot sit here silently while their biggest competition racks up third party marketing deal after third party marketing deal, more powerful hardware and sooner release date. There’s something seriously wrong with Sony behind the scenes. They’ve shared no vision for the future and outside of a controller no reason to be excited for Ps5 at all.

Almost all of their second party development partners have moved to multi platform development. From software, Detroit become human developers, maker of the last guardian etc. I disagree strongly at Microsoft’s vision of the future but at least they have one. They’re silence is deafening

Last edited:

SCB3

Rumors are starting come to head that Xbox series x has already been in production and is looking likely for a September release. Someone claiming to have inside info said as much and one of the mods at reee era said they had reliable information.

Look I’m not trying to concern troll here, but Sony cannot sit here silently while their biggest competition racks up third party marketing deal after third party marketing deal, more powerful hardware and sooner release date. There’s something seriously wrong with Sony behind the scenes. They’ve shared no vision for the future and outside of a controller no reason to be excited for Ps5 at all.

Almost all of their second party development partners have moved to multi platform development. From software, Detroit become human developers, maker of the last guardian etc. I disagree strongly at Microsoft’s vision of the future but at least they have one. They’re silence is deafening

I can't believe we're in MAy already and still, Sony has not shown anything yet, were they waiting for E3 this year?

The Alien

Banned

Calling it now...

If a September launch is legit, Cyberpunk will be a launch title in GamePass.

Last edited:
Not sure i trust that rumor. I do t know why they would wait until june.

A lot of stuff starts happening again in June, we expect the world to be back to normal around then. Most sites are reporting this, it's from the same guy who figured out the Nintendo Direct was being cancelled.

Not looking to argue, but genuinely curious, what about MS’ vision do you disagree with, and why?

Lol hyperbole much? Sony is silent on ps5 because the ps4 STILL have games coming out why would they fuck themselves? Xbox is so loud because they have nothing left to say they have to talk about the only thing they got which is the xsx. Like how hard is that to comprehend? Not only that but the rumor is sony has a show lined up for June no? A show which will most likely show not only first party games but new ones like The narrative that Sony is scared or behind is ridiculous.

Rolla

Banned
People really think that Sony, who have been in beast mode the entire generation has to worry about XBSX?

Sony have the metrics and know exactly what they're doing. It doesn't matter one iota if XBOX gets a month head start because they have zero mindshare outside of hardcore gamers. None whatsoever.

The tweet announcing the event got minimal interactions. Even worse when you contrast that announcement with the significance of the event. Every metric outside of GAF speaks to this fact. Every single one of those social media platforms lay out the starkness of XBOX's situation so I don't understand the concern for Sony not speaking exactly when we want them to.

Top Bottom