• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Starfield fan made a 400+ pages Analysis of everything we know so far

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
If there were virtual ship sales, this man would have established the Imperial Army. It must be pleasing for his family and loved ones that he will be able to experience this adventure at a reasonable cost with Gamepass.

Starfield

Space Moon GIF

Dutchy

I for one find this incredibly scary. This is an unhealthy obsession manifesting itself in fanfic. The amount of people praising this guy for his ''hard work'' just looks like public humiliation to me lol. Getting Senjutsu vibes all over.

Last edited:

Doom85

surprise wtf GIF

Bruh, at that point, write a proper book about something if you can write that much so casually, because if you get published, hey, that’s some money which is always nice.

This shit though? I mean, it’s your free time, but goddamn. As TDK’s The Joker said, “if you’re good at something, never do it for free.”

killatopak

No offense to him but seems a bit excessive about something that will be 99% disproven by release.

I understand analyzing things before things come out but not to this extent. Something of this magnitude is reserved for things that have more concrete evidence and proof. Basically the game being released.

I would even entertain it if this ip had previous releases and established lore like Fallout and Elder Scrolls. This however is powered by hopium.

L*][*N*K

Banned
1. He is one of the biggest memes of gaming.

2. It has many chances of flopping.

3. I am not applying criticism on anyone and how they use their time is their problem, not mine. I am just telling my opinion on this, it is surprising for me. Also, it surely can't be just me suddenly realizing that you're on a gaming forum, critiquing other people opinions.

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF
1- you really believe that being a meme among retards in 2023 means that he isn’t a great game designer?

2- who said so? You base your assumptions on Redfall and Fallout 76? Is that it??

3- didn’t even bother reading it, you sound like a bitter fanboy.

Rykan

That's a lot of work and dedication for something that is essentially just going to be Fallout in Space.

But to each their own, I suppose.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Is it necessary to insult others for what they enjoy doing in their spare time.

Todd and his teams last 5 games are - Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4.
Starfield is Todd and his teams first new IP in 20 years. Thats why poeple are excited.

The way some poeple act you would think betheda Maryland are terrible devs that make bad games. There wasnt any of this nonsense before Fallout 4;'s relase, or Skyrims. Or before MS bought Bethesda (of course).
Passion for a thing, no matter what it is. As I said earlier, see this like a wikipedia article. Did you even open the doc? You would see that this is not a novel. But yes I can understand that Todd does not help his case. After Fallout 76 we really have to be on our guard with him and Bethesda.

Stuart360 Stuart360 that is why I would be very cautious. Because it’s their first IP in 20 years. Also, Todd has not the best reputation lately.

IAmNotFromDelaware IAmNotFromDelaware what I say is between serious and joke. Why you think I insulted someone? People are insulted very easily nowadays.

Daneel Elijah Daneel Elijah exactly that. Why spend so much time from your life for something you are not sure that will end up being a good product. Plus Todd is not really helping as you said.

BootsLoader

Banned
1- you really believe that being a meme among retards in 2023 means that he isn’t a great game designer?

2- who said so? You base your assumptions on Redfall and Fallout 76? Is that it??

3- didn’t even bother reading it, you sound like a bitter fanboy.
1. Not essentially but yes, he is a meme for a reason.
2. Yes, I said.
3. I don’t really care.

ShinFuYux

I'm excited for this game but i can't help but notice that there's a lot of hype and expectations for this game within the community. A little too high.. which isn't good because once people realize the truth, it's going to disappoint and not meet a lot of people's expectations.

Very rarely do games meet its expectations.

Rykan

Fallout in Space? You clearly have no idea
That is exactly what the showcase showed. It's a typical Bethesda roam around game with space combat added.

Bethesda can make one type of game and one type only. All their games are just variations on The Elder Scrolls formula. Their settings and character progression may differ, the essentials remain the same.

Last edited:

TVexperto

That is exactly what the showcase showed. It's a typical Bethesda roam around game with space combat added.

Bethesda can make one type of game and one type only. All their games are just variations on The Elder Scrolls formula. Their settings and character progression may differ, the essentials remain the same.
i didnt know you can build a spaceship in fallout 4 - thanks!

ZoukGalaxy

So has the man updated this shit or what? Expecting 100+ new pages at least.
100 ?

You mean 10 000 with all what we saw, he's going to speculate on EVERY SINGLE DETAILS ! 😹

Happy Cat GIF by Ashanti Fortson
Autism GIF

***EDIT***
OH.MY.TODD.
He's doing it: "Arc 3: The 2023 Starfield Direct"

This... "person" should be a case study for hospital psychiatric doctors for an obsession thesis...

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I'm excited for this game but i can't help but notice that there's a lot of hype and expectations for this game within the community. A little too high.. which isn't good because once people realize the truth, it's going to disappoint and not meet a lot of people's expectations.

Very rarely do games meet its expectations.

Most people seem hyped to play a Bethesda RPG game with deep customization, space flight, space combat and interstellar exploration.

That…looks like what they’re going to get, given that it’s actually been demonstrated and IGN a saw the systems in place during their hands on.

Has anyone told you they expect the game to do more than this for them?

Sorcerer

Is he stupid? Why should someone spend so much precious time for a game that may flop? I mean, it’s Todd Howard, are you serious?
If positive word gets out, this guy could land a job writing tech docs for a big corporation I imagine. It's like a resume that was probably a blast for the dude to get together.
Not saying this is his endgame but it's a smart way of showing your capabilties to the world at large.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It's a metaphor of what will happen when the game is out. Hundreds of hours will be put into this game and our jobs and relationships will suffer.

BootsLoader

Banned
If positive word gets out, this guy could land a job writing tech docs for a big corporation I imagine. It's like a resume that was probably a blast for the dude to get together.
Not saying this is his endgame but it's a smart way of showing your capabilties to the world at large.
I don't think this can go deep like that. A corporation will not hire someone who made a 400 page something for a video game. But who knows, maybe I am wrong.

Zug

If Bethesda wants to release a finished game this time, they can just follow this guide.
Though it would have been more impressive in LaTeX format.

lefty1117

Gold Member
I'll tell you what though. I do get the enthusiasm. The game is really looking like it's going to be awesome. The more I see of it, the more I'm impressed with it even if it is built on skyrim/fo4 bones (which is a-ok with me tbh)

Top Bottom