• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABC News: Russia investigation expands to include Donald Trump's personal attorney

Kickz

ALoA7EV.gif

cameron

The dossier suggested that Cohen met with Russian officials somewhere in Europe during the summer of 2016. Sources suggested with low confidence that it was in Prague, but that ended up being a different Michael Cohen.

Cohen then tweeted a picture of the cover of his passport to dispute this, because these people are all unfathomably stupid.

https://twitter.com/michaelcohen212/status/818991277685567489

And Donald retweeted it: http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/818994757569564673

Windam

Scaley member
Chris Steele is clearly behind everything. Him and Obama's shadow government are trying to ruin America.

Furyous

Wait it's not even 10AM PST yet.

I haven't even went to lunch, look down at my screen for a few seconds to see this. Is there any connection to Betsy DeVos? Hopefully she winds up involved in this outside of her connection to her brother founded that PMC that got banned from Iraq.

Lol, man, you know, only Donald Trump would try to include a lawyer who himself has ties to Russia to help him combat alleged ties to Russia.

If that thing gets out it's going to be like the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Someone had to remind me of this fact so I'll remind others. There has never been any speculation that there is a tape of DonDon getting pee'd on.

The supposed tape is of Trump asking two hookers to pee on a bed that Obama used to sleep in.

At this point has there been any part of the dossier that's been outright proven as false?

I actually do think the Cohen in Prague was proven as wrong, but it was a weird situation, since the person in question was a different Micheal Cohen, so it was less inaccuracy as much as mistaken identity.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I can't tell who's dumber: Trump or the GOP congressmen who won't impeach him to instead get Pence or Ryan to pass their agendas more easily.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Because the base doesn't want "establishment republicans"
They go after Trump, the base turns on them.

That much I understand; however, a GOP majority in the presidency, senate and house is very unlikely to last much longer, so they're biding their time for who knows what when the demographical shift will continue to disfavor them year by year and Trump continues to tarnish their reputation. Impeaching him would be the safest bullet for their own agendas because there's not much guarantee that they'll be this stacked with power in 4 or 6 years.

In other words, it would make the most sense to take that risk and alienate Trump supporters because they're a volatile group, and while you have the majority in congress, you do what you can.

Saya

One of President Donald Trump's personal attorneys, Michael Cohen, has received an "invitation to provide information and testimony" that pertains to the Russia investigation to House and Senate intelligence committees, Cohen has confirmed. "I respectfully declined to cooperate," Cohen said.

CNN

Ac30

That much I understand; however, a GOP majority in the presidency, senate and house is very unlikely to last much longer, so they're biding their time for who knows what when the demographical shift will continue to disfavor them year by year and Trump continues to tarnish their reputation. Impeaching him would be the safest bullet for their own agendas because there's not much guarantee that they'll be this stacked with power in 4 or 6 years.

In other words, it would make the most sense to take that risk and alienate Trump supporters because they're a volatile group, and while you have the majority in congress, you do what you can.

With the way the electoral college works, I fear young people moving out of the Midwest to the coasts will basically hand the Republicans the presidency year after year. Tyranny of the minority is entirely possible.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
With the way the electoral college works, I fear young people moving out of the Midwest to the coasts will basically hand the Republicans the presidency year after year. Tyranny of the minority is entirely possible.

That's a good point, I just hope the major cities like Chicago don't shrink too much. I read that it recently relinquished a lot of residents, right? Meh.

I can't tell who's dumber: Trump or the GOP congressmen who won't impeach him to instead get Pence or Ryan to pass their agendas more easily.

Having Pence and Ryan there isn't going to magically fix a lot of the issues the GOP currently has. The Russia investigation has been a big damper, but they are facing backlash against their healthcare proposals, the budget, and probably tax reform once we get a better idea of what exactly they want to do (I mean, we know the main goal, but we don't know specifcs yet). Despite how it looks on the surface, there are some steep divisions in the GOP. I mean, hell, Ryan and Trump had to pull all of the stops just to pass a Healthcare bill through the House with one vote. Ryan being President wouldn't have fixed that.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Having Pence and Ryan there isn't going to magically fix a lot of the issues the GOP currently has. The Russia investigation has been a big damper, but they are facing backlash against their healthcare proposals, the budget, and probably tax reform once we get a better idea of what exactly they want to do (I mean, we know the main goal, but we don't know specifcs yet). Despite how it looks on the surface, there are some steep divisions in the GOP. I mean, hell, Ryan and Trump had to pull all of the stops just to pass a Healthcare bill through the House with one vote. Ryan being President wouldn't have fixed that.

I know there are steep divisions in the GOP, however having a "stable" president who doesn't fly off the handle without concern for immediate repercussions would go a long way in aiding their party.

Kaladin

“I declined the invitation to participate as the request was poorly phrased, overly broad and not capable of being answered,” Cohen told ABC News in an email Tuesday.

This mother fucker.

ICO_SotC

It's going to be harder for Trump supporters to spin that Trump had no idea any of this was happening, the more people who are closest to him are exposed.

Who's next? Ivanka?

Mahonay

Banned
It's going to be harder for Trump supporters to spin that Trump had no idea any of this was happening, the more people who are closest to him are exposed.

Who's next? Ivanka?
I'd be very surprised if Ivanka doesn't have Russian connections.

The GOP will definitely get more control over the white house if Trump is impeached, but for how long? Do you think people who voted for Trump are going to support the GOP after this?

Game Guru

The problem here is that Trump supporters are actually 38% of the population and 97% of the Republican Party. By all accounts, the Republican Party is the Trump Party now... The voters in it want someone like Trump leading them.

Top Bottom