• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to job offers, Bend Studios' next project will be an AAA live service game

Kilau

Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Kokoloko85

We’ll see. Bend needs to up there game to be close to the level of Sucker Punch, Guerilla, SM, ND, Insomniac etc.
Hopefully it doesnt take forever to release or get cancelled

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This may be my last generation. Devs today are probably younger than me who didn’t grow up playing the kinda games I did. Probably grew up on Fortnite. So of course that’s what they wanna make. They simply don’t make games for me, they make what they know.

I have zero interest in live service

unlurkified

I almost wish that Helldivers hadn’t became the success that it had because it’ll end up further injecting confidence in the model for publishers. On the bright side, at least Bend still exists at this point.

nial

Gold Member
I'm kinda annoyed with this Twitter guy not posting the source of this info, but yes, it's real.
Oh well, I just hope it's more of a Helldivers 2, rather than a Redfall.
Also, we should now have the full (confirmed) roadmap for Sony's GaaS projects. Yay? https://www.neogaf.com/threads/circ...its-3rd-week-in-market.1668038/post-268989112
Surprised at the amount of hate these news seem to be getting right after we, as a gaming community, saw how great Helldivers II turned out.
Bend Studio used to be a SP-focused development team before, so I understand where people are coming from.

wipeout364

I think they could do something very cool with Syphon Filter as a GAAS. Could easily do a gears of war or call of duty type game with the IP. Would seamlessly work as a PVE game as well.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i hope their live service game is like dying light 2 if thats the case

Kamina

Golden Boy
Everyone and their mom making Live Service games, and most of them bomb.
When will they understand that the market is saturated?

StueyDuck

Honestly I couldn't care less so long as the game is good.

But by the sounds of how the studio was left off after Days gone, I'm not expecting much, they lost their senior talent and it sounds like it's only the 20 year old personality hairs left at the studio.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Bad idea written all over it.

Then again, after its first showing, I thought HD2 was a bad idea too. I will at least wait for its first trailer to talk about how much of a bad idea I think it is.

GymWolf

We’ll see. Bend needs to up there game to be close to the level of Sucker Punch, Guerilla, SM, ND, Insomniac etc.
Hopefully it doesnt take forever to release or get cancelled
Arguable, many peoplel liked days gone more than the open world from those other devs, they were really not that far, if any really.
With a smaller team they made arguably the best looking ue4 game of past gen on console and writing wise, some trolled them but after sony got completely woke with their games, i bet people would take crazy deacon staring at asses every day of the week, the zombie plot was kinda generic but the secret finale was legit great, not having a sequel was a huge blue balls moment.

This news literally read like the "look how they massacred my boy" gif.

This is just infuriating from sony, picking a talented single player studio and turning them into a gaas machine, this is the type news you expect to read from ea or wb or activision.

Last edited:
Two years ago Bend said this :

“We are currently working on a new IP that includes multiplayer and builds upon the open-world systems of Days Gone, but brings you a whole new world that we are extremely excited to craft for you. We cannot wait to reveal it to you when the time is right.”

The way they are talking about it made me think that he would be a single player game with a multiplayer mode maybe something like Ghost of Tsushima.

Apparently from David Jaffe, they are not using Unreal Engine 5 but the Decima Engine for their new IP and he seem to be right because from the LinkedIn of someone working at Bend where was the mention of the Decima engine among the tools that he’s worked with for this project.

Other interesting information the studio will utilize motion matching technology to implement more realistic and seamless animations in its next title

https://segmentnext.com/days-gone-decima/

Kokoloko85

Arguable, many peoplel liked days gone more than the open world from those other devs, they were really not that far, if any really.
With a smaller team they made arguably the best looking ue4 game of past gen on console and writing wise, some trolled them but after sony got completely woke with their games, i bet people would take crazy deacon staring at asses every day of the week, the zombie plot was kinda generic but the secret finale was legit great, not having a sequel was a huge blue balls moment.

This news literally read like the "look how they massacred my boy" gif.

This is just infuriating from sony, picking a talented single player studio and turning them into a gaas machine, this is the type news you expect to read from ea or wb or activision.
After playing TLOU2 and GOT, the combat in Days Gone, especially the Melee was just not on par with the other studios, was a huge drop in quality.

They really couldnt have all there bigger studios making sequels and Days Gone was the least well received. It was never gonna win against Spiderman, God of War, Horizon and GOT for getting a sequel.

Its not that infuriating to me, they might end up making a good game

Last edited:
Top Bottom