• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

According to pre-release comments from Aaron Greenberg, Halo Infinite would be a "visual showcase", is it the case?

Is Halo Infinite a visual showcase?

• Yay

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 142 94.7%

• Total voters

Gandih42

Not having played it, I thought it looked quite good. Wouldn't call it a visual showcase though (which I'd say is totally fine). I have the impression that there aren't many different biomes (if any), which I think is a bigger problem than the visual fidelity.

Hudo

I think that Greenberg looked at what 343 showed him and came to that conclusion. He couldn't have know back then that 343 was conning everyone.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Halo 5 looked better.

Very strange game overall. Gunplay good but plagued by well known technical issues, skeletal content, glacially paced roadmap. I still don’t understand what went wrong or why (apart from incompetence).

How do you fumble it so badly? If they launched with remastered versions of Guardian, The Pit, Valhalla, Construct and Sandtrap no Halo fan would have complained about content.

CGNoire

The game looked awful and the main issue is that MS thought it looked good proving how clueless they are.

l-intro-1638970787.jpg
That was always gaslighting they never thought it was good looking.

Roberts

There are moments when it looks legit amazing and then there are moments when it looks merely OK. It really depends where you are and what time of the day it is.

Little Mac

Gold Member
It looks good but not amazing. I don't think I've ever been wow'd by a Halo game's graphics. But that hasn't stopped me from dumping hundreds of hours into the franchise over the decades.

I'd argue I generally like Infinite. But it's visual's were nothing more than adequate in my opinion. They were not bad at all, but not the "visual showcase" one would expect from a flagship title. It def. didn't reflect it's budget or development time.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I remember when some ppl hyping the game up based on that SlipSpace trailer. "Its gonna look better than next gen only games"

Life comes at you fast....

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
There's things that are great as fuck, like Master Chief and Cortana models, but a lot of stuff are basically past gen with better resolution.

I remember a lot of early PS360 titles being like that, just PS2 games with better resolution... it's a shame

Hugare

"According to pre-release comments from Aaron Greenberg"​

C'mon, OP

Admit it, you just wanted to see people throwing shit at Halo Infinite

"According to pre-release comments from Aaron Greenberg"​

C'mon, OP

Admit it, you just wanted to see people throwing shit at Halo Infinite
To be fair.... Game was kinda a wet fart at release. It wasn't outright bad, but it was a pale shadow of it's former self.

Hugare

To be fair.... Game was kinda a wet fart at release. It wasn't outright bad, but it was a pale shadow of it's former self.
I agree

But OP knew exactly what he was doing with his post

Its like taking one of Todd Howard's quotes and making a thread named "So according to TH, Fallout 76 would have 16x the detail. Do you agree?"

Greenberg is known for lying just as much as Todd

StueyDuck

Game looked fine, but it was obvious the execs had no idea how much struggle the game was going through behind the scenes considering what they put out for their first look gameplay.

Edit: if we had received that slipspace teaser game I think this would be a different outcome, but yeah we all know how it turned out

This still looks awesome, shame we never got anything close to it

Last edited:
The mistake was continuing to use the Bungie Blam engine as the base technology rather than writing everything from the ground up or using a different engine entirely. I'm hoping going forward (given its been retooled for another genre) that ForzaTech will be used by other teams within Xbox, or UE5.

Top Bottom