• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Account ban me now

Pretty much this...I will only change suspension myself if it comes as the pre-assembled spring already on the strut. I mean you can get spring compressors but I don't wanna mess with that.

Garage doors have springs, plus when I was a little kid I walked in on a movie right when a guy died from a garage door, so I am biased towards garage doors being dangerous enough to call in help. What I can't fathom is how anyone would wonder if it's a good idea to awkwardly watch them the whole time. The answer, of course, is to go back inside and play more WoW, which happens to be where you learned all about social cues and interactions...and if you really want to watch them, use the camera. You're nerdy enough, why would you do something normal to stay in their vicinity like work on your car in the driveway when you could just watch them toil like God in an RTS game blissfully unaware that you're even there? Idiot.
Maybe graduating undergrad and grad both with a 4.00 GPA makes me nerdy I'll give you that. Some Gamers are some of the most intelligent people I know. But maybe I need to clarify for the the people like you that have a hard time understanding, I am not watching the workers, I was planning on being around in case they needed anything and to help watch my stuff. I have stored in the garage. I do not want to make them feel uncomfortable, thus the creation of this thread. I know the workers will do their job not problem. While I never played WOW actually you are the one on a gaming forum, putting down people who game. How silly is that.

Some of you act like you have King Sized Snickers jammed up your butts. This will probs be my last post in this thread. I'm not sure what type of mental illness some of you have, its getting tedious. This has zero to do with attention whoring or any one of the nonsense reasons you're coming up with. Kudos to those who understood it was just a good natured tongue in cheek attempt at a funny thread title. Its not clickbait, I immediately told you what the thread is about. Some of you just are not evolved enough or complex enough to get it. At least post something funny like some of the posters did. But there is a serious lack of humor here with some of you, Its you who are whoring for attention, post a gif and leave, nobody wants to hear you whine or back seat mod.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Some of you act like you have King Sized Snickers jammed up your butts. This will probs be my last post in this thread. I'm not sure what type of mental illness some of you have, its getting tedious. This has zero to do with attention whoring or any one of the nonsense reasons you're coming up with. Kudos to those who understood it was just a good natured tongue in cheek attempt at a funny thread title. Its not clickbait, I immediately told you what the thread is about. Some of you just are not evolved enough or complex enough to get it. At least post something funny like some of the posters did. But there is a serious lack of humor here with some of you, Its you who are whoring for attention, post a gif and leave, nobody wants to hear you whine or back seat mod.
How dare you fool us with your Tom foolery and such a jape. How could you.

puns hue GIF

BlackTron

Maybe graduating undergrad and grad both with a 4.00 GPA makes me nerdy I'll give you that. Some Gamers are some of the most intelligent people I know. But maybe I need to clarify for the the people like you that have a hard time understanding, I am not watching the workers, I was planning on being around in case they needed anything and to help watch my stuff. I have stored in the garage. I do not want to make them feel uncomfortable, thus the creation of this thread. I know the workers will do their job not problem. While I never played WOW actually you are the one on a gaming forum, putting down people who game. How silly is that.

I thought OP was a joke post and my reply was on the same level.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Gotta love this random forum clutter in the form of a gotcha by users with little reason to do so. 2006 account aswell, so this isn't some kid's first thread.

This is really the kind of content you want to pay hosting over, lol.

Skyfox

Get a tripod, put tape on the ground to mark the leg positions. Take a few photos.

When they're finished setup the tripod again and take some more photos.

Compare later to see if anything is missing.

FunkMiller

Garage door springs are no joke. Don't touch that shit. Hire a professional.

OP thought he'd made a pointless shit post thread, but the joke's on him... it has valuable and sensible information in it, right here.

Hah! That told you, OP.

That fucking told you.

Angry Right Now GIF by Film Riot

Depends on their ethnicity

/S

My job involves going in people's houses sometimes and I fucking hate it when they stand over me asking me stupid questions or worse just watching me.

I don't mind if they're already in that room and making conversation.

Peggies

Gold Member
Sometimes I treat myself to a cleaning lady (for cleaning my appartment, not what you think you filthy animals) and end up helping her because I feel stupid just sitting around while the poor woman cleans up my mess.

Maybe you could help the guys with your garage door. I'm sure they'd be thrilled.

Paramount Network Help GIF by Yellowstone

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You don’t have to park your vehicle in the garage but that’s what most people use them for.

I park my bike in my garage but then again my bike is a symbolic holographic projection of all my insecurities and fears that lead to chronic pain and other discomforts.

Dr.Morris79

I'm fucked. Three bottles of wine later, 1:02 am, just finished watching From (Brilliant show) and i'm smoking in the garden listening to stairway to heaven

..I'll adult Monday.

Maybe.

Still cant believe Brighton beat Potter, woohoo

Wherez my trousers.

Dr.Morris79

I'm fucked. Three bottles of wine later, 1:02 am, just finished watching From (Brilliant show) and i'm smoking in the garden listening to stairway to heaven

..I'll adult Monday.

Maybe.

Still cant believe Brighton beat Potter, woohoo

Wherez my trousers.
I meant cigarretes, not gear. I'm old and married. She'd kill me.

Well GAF the garage repair is set for tomorrow. I might try to convince him to flash the camera for the GAF who is obsessed with penis.

BTW the poster Who said I could sleep with his sister lied, but his mom was very nice when I got there :p

I have also been watching From on Epix, it has some issues, kinda talky but the mystery/creepiness and title song has kept me watching. A little more action and strengthening the characters I think.

Last edited:
A Ash Sparrow Wooden door, metal or corrugated steel? Any rust on the springs or rails?
The right rail/track looks like someone took a hammer to it. And I think thats why it got off track. I had not used the garage door since moving in 11 years ago, just for storage. Opened it up to put my sister truck in, wouldn't go back down. No visible rust,it looks like new tbh. metal aluminum, cheap door, but the door itself looks newish. Its one of the folding ones with sections, that raises into the garage ceiling via. Tracks.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Well GAF the garage repair is set for tomorrow. I might try to convince him to flash the camera for the GAF who is obsessed with penis.

BTW the poster Who said I could sleep with his sister lied, but his mom was very nice when I got there :p

I have also been watching From on Epix, it has some issues, kinda talky but the mystery/creepiness and title song has kept me watching. A little more action and strengthening the characters I think.

THIS MAN SAID HE WAS QUITTING THE THREAD

Big fat phony!

swarley64

Haha, I usually just work on my laptop or do some shit on my phone in the next room so I’m available if something comes up. If you’re worried about them stealing something can’t you just move it somewhere else?

Last edited:
It was not the workers I was worried about stealing, it was randoms in my neighborhood while the garage door was up.

I actually stayed outside and worked on the cat shelter in the backyard while they worked. They only took like an hour or less to get done.

Not going to even lie I forgot I said I was leaving the thread. LOL

My cats being annoyed by the thread title
8c7slFk.jpg

Top Bottom