• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Has Sold Over 5 Million Copies

Remaster is one of the most requested things from the fans. but it seems the aircraft licensing has become a problem. They only release AC5 remaster as a bonus for AC7 pre-order because the can only release it like that.
This was a huge bummer to me as I got the game just last year via the Top Gun Maverick bundle and then found out that those who pre-ordered it got the AC5 remaster as a bonus and basically that was the only way to get it. 😔 Wish they would make it available as a separate purchase.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I bought it twice. Release on PS4, and then I bought it digital on sale one day for like 10 bucks or so.

Its a great game, it harkens back to the PS2 days in everything but it looks much better. I wasn't sold on the drones, for the rest no complaint.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I know it doesn’t really helps with my question but listen… I’m enjoying Armored core 6 a lot is there a chance I’m also inclined to like ace combat too? They both seem to share some arcade-y and sim aspects so I was wondering…

ReBurn

Gold Member
I got it on PlayStation for 8 bucks during a holiday sale. Im surprised it took this long at the price they sell it for during sales.

Elysium44

Banned
I found this game too frustrating tbh, also it has bad performance on PS4 in some missions. I ended up getting it again on PC in another sale which solved the performance problem but I didn't get much further with it and gave up on the mission which involves flying through tunnels.

I honestly had more fun with the much-hated Assault Horizon, which I completed - also very frustrating at times but had a decent story along with fantastic music and voice acting, none of which AC7 has.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Okay, now what about a new game?

EccPyJx.gif

El Muerto

Bought it on Xbox when it was on sale, then bought it on Steam when it was just a few bucks. Still havent played it yet.

Svejk

I hope that Ace Combat 8 is announced at TGAs. Project Wingman just came out on PS5 and it's an awesome little game that really captures the Ace Combat feel... but Nothing Else Comes Close to Ace Combat.
Have that on my wishlist. Would you know if the entire game can be played in either VR or/and regular 3rd person?

Have that on my wishlist. Would you know if the entire game can be played in either VR or/and regular 3rd person?
It's entirely playable in 3rd person but only the "DLC" missions are playable in VR. But its a nice chunk of content.

It's Ace Combat in tone, the way it plays, and in spirit. The one thing that Project Wingman does thar I wish Ace Combat would do is let you have more granular control over your weapon loadout. Some planes let you have 4 different missile/bomb types which is nice

Top Bottom