• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Has Sold Around 2 Million Copies, PS5 Player Data Suggests

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Concurrent users is not a different thing its just different binning of the exact same statistical data.
No, it not. Concurrent users = # of players playing simultaneously at any given time. Daily active users = as long as you fired up the game at least once during that calendar day then you’re included in the total. Those are two different things.

And what about sales happening during those days? What about the percentage that play and drop the game? What you're saying isn't true at all.
Yes for the third time, I understand that peak daily active users isn’t going to account for everyone. I’m saying that the # of users that doesn’t account for is probably small compared to the total.

Chukhopops

Mate, there is no reason to discuss. Folks like Oziel, Chukhopops, etc are all well known and diehard xbox warriors. They will twist and turn anything that is an exclusive, whether timed or otherwise, into being a failure because it isn't on their preferred plastic box.
I don't see why anyone takes Zhuge/Daniel seriously. The mental case was a big in Era for years and defended their cancerous/hate-filled ways.

That alone should indicate no one should ever take him seriously.
So all the sources are wrong or evil, and everyone who quotes them is just a warrior. Got it - you can live in your own reality for a little longer.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So all the sources are wrong or evil, and everyone who quotes them is just a warrior. Got it - you can live in your own reality for a little longer.

It has already been explained ad nauseum in this thread on why you are wrong, but keep living in your own reality where your favorite plastic box is the best and everyone else is awful. I am sure MS will finally notice your efforts eventually!

Last edited:

Three

No, it not. Concurrent users = # of players playing simultaneously at any given time. Daily active users = as long as you fired up the game at least once during that calendar day then you’re included in the total. Those are two different things.
Do you understand what data binning is?
Yes for the third time, I understand that peak daily active users isn’t going to account for everyone. I’m saying that the # of users that doesn’t account for is probably small compared to the total.
Based on what?

Superkewl

Gold Member
Sqaure need to stop doing demos it's always doing more harm than good to their games. I really think forspoken and rebirth would have done significantly better without the demo.
That may be the case, but are you really advocating for people to be duped out of their money?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sqaure need to stop doing demos it's always doing more harm than good to their games. I really think forspoken and rebirth would have done significantly better without the demo.
Both Unicorn Overlord and Stellar Blade had highly successful demo. All depends the quality of the demo.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ppl liked 16 way more, FF7 rides on nostalgia and thats It, If u played the OG FF7 Remake is a good game, If not its just too cringe.

So true. I tried playing Remake, but it was literally too cringe to handle. I also found it annoying and boring in other ways, but the humongous levels of cringe was a big factor in me giving up on it after like three hours.

Danjin44

That's true but I think it does alot of harm as well. I dont buy alot of games when I try the demo even if the games are good. I think it takes out some excitement as well.
For me if the demo is good it gets me even more excited for the game, I currently put 5 hours in to Stela Blade demo and I'm absolutely hyped for the full game.

In other hand when I played Forspoken's demo and I was turned off by both the story and gameplay.

Last edited:

Woopah

I don't see why anyone takes Zhuge/Daniel seriously. The mental case was a big in Era for years and defended their cancerous/hate-filled ways.

That alone should indicate no one should ever take him seriously.
Daniel says the figures from the equities reports, which will be made with information from trackers like Circana, GSD and Media Create.

Chukhopops

It has already been explained ad nauseum in this thread on why you are wrong, but keep living in your own reality where your favorite plastic box is the best and everyone else is awful. I am sure MS will finally notice your efforts eventually!
Not sure why you constantly keep bringing console war into this. And you haven’t explained anything other than calling people names.

Anyway no need to argue any further. Let’s see when Square results come out…

Your not lying. If you want a break from all the negativity go check out the thread where Bethesda finally fixed a 9 year old game.

All the PC/MS/Xbox guys are getting along in there.
LOL damn Fallout 4 is 9 years old?

Aging Season 9 GIF by Friends

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The problem the game has is that its the 2nd part in a trilogy that want be complete until 2028 and possibly not even on this generation of consoles.
I can understand if someone would rather wait, even after playing the first part and maybe not finishing it.

Crayon

I'm just glad that they get them out in less than five or 6 years. Building on the previous game like this works. Spider man 2 too similar to 1? Well that's the tradeoff for getting game out in a timely way, or even made at all

Fabieter

For me if the demo is good it gets me even more excited for the game, I currently put 5 hours in to Stela Blade demo and I'm absolutely hyped for the full game.

In other hand when I played Forspoken's demo and I was turned off by both the story and gameplay.

Also didn't like the forspoken demo almost cancelled because of the demo but I sticked with it, no regrets. If iam not sure about a game or I don't wanna risk anything it's not gonna be a day 0 it's gonna be a week 2 buy. Demos ain't needed imo.

Danjin44

Also didn't like the forspoken demo almost cancelled because of the demo but I sticked with it, no regrets. If iam not sure about a game or I don't wanna risk anything it's not gonna be a day 0 it's gonna be a week 2 buy. Demos ain't needed imo.
Good demo bring the hype to the games that are less known, Unicorn Overlord became much more popular with good word of mouth thanks to that demo….same with Stellar Blade, it showed that the game is actually really good and its more than a simple game with attractive main character.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Again, this is a nonsensical position to take since he's long been cited here as a sales insider, has a public profile and is very often quoted and cited by traditional media as an individual in the know.

"We bullied him into turning off his comments because we couldn't handle the data. Hehe"

Fanboys will usually try to smear the reputation and discredit industry professionals...when the facts and datas they revealed are not align to what these fanboys want or like.

And these industry professionals know its a waste of time and energy engaging further with fanboys. If the fanboys want to treat such response as them being afraid, let them be.

TheShocker

Not Xbox, they have to release the first game first before it makes any sense to release the sequel.
PC on the other hand. Yeah it should’ve been there. Let’s just pray they’re clever enough to skip the EGS exclusivity this time lol
Well yeah, the series as a whole should be releasing simultaneously on PC/Xbox.

Fredrik

But this doesn't track.
You might think that only those who liked the first game, bought the 2nd one and of course 2nd game sells less than first one.

Then you look at witcher3. Franchise could just as well be indie in sales number compared to how witcher 3 exploded without ton of people never even playing 1 or 2
But this is the same game, split in multiple parts, and highly story focused. People are literally advised to finish Remake before even trying the demo of Rebirth. So it’s most definitely going to affect the sales numbers.

Last edited:

Bkdk

They need to put tifs, aerith and yuffie’s swimsuit image on PlayStation store to replace their original selling cover image asap, or do a collab with shift up right now.

Fredrik

They need to put tifs, aerith and yuffie’s swimsuit image on PlayStation store to replace their original selling cover image asap, or do a collab with shift up right now.
Sex sells, yup.
I’ll make sure it sells some extra copies when it’s out on Steam and can have mods. FF7RI is great with mods. 😎

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Not necessary though. There are many major game series which grew over time too.

Minsc

Gold Member
Glad to see Metacritic has the better game on top. Though FFXVI is definitely fits more in to the movie category than the gaming one.

FunkMiller

This isn't really that surprising, is it?

They've taken one game, and remade it as three, charging full price for each one. Only on one platform.

Everyone knows this game doesn't end the story...

Superkewl

Gold Member
You don't need to buy day one but maybe a non biased opinion in a context is important.
I agree wholeheartedly, but pretty much everyone knows that will not be the case in many instances. Now some might say, "well those people deserve it", and there may some truth to that, but I would not wish ill upon them.

I rarely, if ever purchase anything day 1, so it doesn't affect me. Mostly because I have something like a 2-5 year backlog, and I much prefer playing a game with all its DLC released, so I wait for a while before I play a game. I am more of a one-and-done gamer. I rarely ever go back and play games I have already completed or had my fill with.

Last edited:
Microsoft bought existing studios they were already making games for more money than they were worth. There was no value add to the industry and if anything it was value subtract.
And when the Activision/Blizzard catalog is given to all gamepass subscribers how will you convince me that Microsoft didn't go and give me much more value for my gamepass subscription? I was going to pay $70 every year for every call of duty and I was gunna keep paying for gamepass anyway so yes I'm gunna say that they added a great deal of value for me by making this acquisition. And that's just the COD games. Oh and I don't even need to buy and Xbox. I just use my PC. How are ppl possibly hating this?! This is great news for consumers and you are acting against our own interests to pretend that it's not.

Crayon

Just got mine. And yo on the shelf it went with the shrink wrap. I am wondering how common that is now that is. In terms.of people, it's a very few. But people who bought er ... 12+ games this month... and played two of them are undoubtedly the biggest spenders. I wonder what percentage of games purchased are not played for at least a year.

Anyway it seemed like this game was poised to explode out of the gate. There was a lot of hype. It would be interesting to see any kind of sales bump with remake.

Top Bottom