• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision is shutting down the original Call of Duty: Warzone

Draugoth

Gold Member
Activision is shutting down the original Call of Duty: Warzone later this year, it’s confirmed.

As of September 21, 2023, Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera will shut down, “as our teams focus on future Call of Duty content including the current Warzone free-to-play experience,” according to Activision.

Call of Duty: Warzone Caldera is the renamed version of the original Warzone launched with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in 2020.

g3LB1PZ.jpg

Spyxos

Gold Member
Is this the one with the Verdansk map? I liked it for short bursts. It's a shame they're shutting it down. Fortunately, I haven't spent any money at all.

These games are the biggest fucking scam in the history of video games. From the rigged matchmaking and aim assists to the store front. Only there to get people to spend their money.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Thank God. Hopefully, this news means we can now play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 without having to download an 80GB patch every month.

TYRiAX

Wait, shit doesn't carry over? So the skins etc don't work in warzone 2?

Wtf lololol

Yeah that sucks! But players have shown over and over again they will just move on and buy more mtx in the new game. I mean how many years have Fifa players been spending $$$ in FUT for items that do not carry over to the next years release?

dark_chris

Gold Member
The DLC bought just stays in their prospective games such as Godzilla skins being WW2 exclusive and shit. I still do the multi more than the Warzone so it’s not too much of a loss for me anyway.

Banned
Call of Duty is pure and utter trash these days.

the reason they do this is most likely because many think it's the better BR, and they want all the players to play Warzone 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom