• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Additional Metallica + Gaga Collaborations Are Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lars Ulrich said Metallica's Lady Gaga Grammy duet was just the beginning of a massive musical collaboration.

The drummer told Rolling Stone: "We already started fast-forwarding to the next chapter when we can do more of this.

"It's not one of those '20 lawyers, strategists and managers trying to force two people from two different worlds to figure out how to spend four minutes together on a national telecast.'

"Of any of these undertakings, this is about as organic and authentic as there's ever been one. We're just getting started."

Branding Gaga the "quintessential perfect fifth member of this band," Ulrich added: "Her voice, her attitude, her outlook on everything is so awesome.

"[The Grammys performance] was so effortless and organic and she just has the spirit of hard rock and metal flowing through her veins. It comes really easy for her. There's nothing contrived; she just has this super warm, easy energy."

As for that mic issue, Lars briefly noted: "There was a slight technical snafu, but that's not really something you can do much about. You just learn to live with that side of it. It happened to Adele last year; I guess this year it was our turn."

source: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...etallica__gaga_collaborations_are_coming.html

I thought the Grammy performance was fun and full of energy. I can't wait to see more of a pairing between the two. Leagues better than the stuff with Lou Reed.

ShOcKwAvE

I look forward to more collaborations since this one was kinda ruined.

I remember watching Super Bowl thinking "Its alright, but if it was Gaga and Metallica it would be great!" And my family was just like "lol ok."

I said the exact same thing to my family. SB performances often (not always) have surprise guests, and my mind went to Metallica for some reason.

I look forward to more collaborations since this one was kinda ruined.

I said the exact same thing to my family. SB performances often (not always) have surprise guests, and my mind went to Metallica for some reason.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that about the SB show.

Its crazy to think these two musical giants are such a great match.

Meowster

Despite not hearing anyone but GaGa for the first minute, it was surprisingly very fresh and fun. Lot of high energy. Would love more collaborations.

Slythe

I missed the performance but I'm all about this. Metallica likes to do off the wall projects in between records, and a Gaga/Metallica collaboration would be so cool. Do a record please.

wilsonda

Seems like 2 desperate artists trying hard to be relevant again.

I love both artists but this has me dying.. might be more accurate than I wish to admit.

Both artists may not be hugely relevant but there is no denying that they are great entertainers.

Glix

I don't like Metallica. I'm ambivalent about Lady Gaga, and usually I don't find her attractive...

There was something about this performance tho. Something about her rocking out so hard in that outfit with fucking fire everywhere and shit.

It was mega erotic. I was surprisingly super turned on by it.

Was not usually how I react to a music act, even if it is a "hot chick" music act. Was weird. But not in a bad way.

I don't like Metallica. I'm ambivalent about Lady Gaga, and usually I don't find her attractive...

There was something about this performance tho. Something about her rocking out so hard in that outfit with fucking fire everywhere and shit.

Was not usually how I react to a music act, even if it is a "hot chick" music act. Was weird. But not in a bad way.

What about her talent and ability?

Growing up as a Metallica fan I disapprove. I saw the disaster on tv. That was enough of that for me

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Lady Gaga's try-hard dancing made me cringe...and so did the whole performance.

I guess I was the only one. :(

GamerJM

Banned
I actually think this would be amazing if you could like, teleport 2010 Lady Gaga to 1986 and have them make it then, but as it is eh it just seems like they're trying to stay relevant. Even then I'm down for it I guess. I think it's at least an interesting combination that would work better than expected.

I didn't watch their performance though.

Patapwn

Branding Gaga the "quintessential perfect fifth member of this band,"

Dave stays losing

*Master of Puppets plays horribly in the background*

Seems like 2 desperate artists trying hard to be relevant again.

I love both artists but this has me dying.. might be more accurate than I wish to admit.

Both artists may not be hugely relevant but there is no denying that they are great entertainers.

But what does relevant actually mean? They both sell out arenas and stadiums without a problem so they aren't hurting for attention. And they both at this point seem to be doing what they want in their career and having fun.

Patapwn

But what does relevant actually mean? They both sell out arenas and stadiums without a problem so they aren't hurting for attention. And they both at this point seem to be doing what they want in their career and having fun.

You have to be an up in coming pop diva or a rapper to be relevant on neogaf

urge26

I didn't care much for the pairing, but to call them both trying to stay relevant is hilarious. Metallica may not be the hype that they once were, but they've continued to put out pretty good material that appeals to their fan base. Gaga proved at the Super Bowl that she's one hell of a performer.... I had really not noticed her prior to the last couple weeks.

Seems like whether it's Tony Bennett or Metallica, or her recent album, she's always jumping to new genres or to other established icons to distract from the fact her own music is so lackluster.

EYEL1NER

I dunno, I felt the opposite. I've had a huge crush on Gaga for a number of years but I didn't care for her appearance during the Metallica gig. I know that when she was younger she was a gogo dancer in clubs and she hung out in a lot of rock clubs but the gogo dancing on stage on Sunday just felt cheesy and forced to me and looked bad. Wearing a "Metallica" shirt while on stage with Metallica was a bit funny to me as well (I don't subscribe to the "You can't wear a band's shirt to that band's concert, except for certain exceptions for females" rule but for some reason I got a kick out of her shirt choice. I know she owns some Maiden shirts, she should have worn one of those with a jean jacket over it). She sounded great like always though.

I've been over Metallica for years and years but I'm open to hearing more collaborations between the two. The rumored Rob Halford + Gaga collaboration makes me more excited though.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
She'd be good for them, I think

But aren't they in pretty different places politically? I'm basing this on an old Hetfield interview I read a long time ago. He could have changed in that time

urge26

I made how I feel about her music and Metallica music clear at the start of my post.

I felt the need to share how I felt about the performance because I was so surprised by how visceral my reaction was.

I think we get what you're saying..... I also don't think it's wrong to think damn that was hot. I think Gaga's talent showed through much better at the Super Bowl.

Dinokill

She'd be good for them, I think

But aren't they in pretty different places politically? I'm basing this on an old Hetfield interview I read a long time ago. He could have changed in that time

Robert is chicano, Kirk and Lars shit on Trump on a daily basis.

Even after hearing the version with James audio, the Grammy performance was pretty bad.

Maybe it was a bad song pick but their vocals didnt jell well at all.

Not against a proper collaboration on a EP or something but I think they have a hill to climb.

MrS

Banned
It'll be like Lulu all over again. Please see sense, 'tallica, and put a stop to this before it even begins.

Didn't hear the last Metallica album did you? It's very good.
It's worse than St. Anger.

Phil Towle will always be the true 5th member
220px-Philtowle.jpg

BunnyBear

Metallica not relevant? They sell out stadiums effortlessly worldwide and Hardwired is a very decent album. Quit the hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom