• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Additional Metallica + Gaga Collaborations Are Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few guys went and re-recorded the entire album...with normal sounding drums. It is their personal covers, but it sounds 90% like Metallica. In many areas even better.

Check it out:

St. Anger album remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU-UI3_6HcM
I realize composition is very subjective, but this video is excellent for comparing the music on a more even footing between something like St. Anger and the new album. I just don't find the songs on the new album as exciting to listen to as the stuff on St. Anger or even Death Magnetic. It all sounds simpler. Maybe that's what most people like, though.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I realize composition is very subjective, but this video is excellent for comparing the music on a more even footing between something like St. Anger and the new album. I just don't find the songs on the new album as exciting to listen to as the stuff on St. Anger or even Death Magnetic. It all sounds simpler. Maybe that's what most people like, though.

I think Metallica was on the right track with St. Anger, but somewhere started to veer off. A few simple lyric tweaks ("madly in anger?" Really?), snare drum, and a few solos would've made St. Anger a pretty amazing album.

They were on the right track. But got lazy and wanted to push the album out a little too soon. It was simply too rough around the edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom