• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Affordable / Reliable Laptop Recommendations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

I need to get a laptop in the next few weeks for personal use and need recommendations on specs, pricing, who to go to... Primarily the rig will be for MSOffice use, but need wifi and some gaming. Any recommendations? Thoughts?

Thanks!

bionic77

I am very happy with my Dell Inspiron 600m. I got a pretty good deal on it last year. Not the most powerful, but it I thought it was a good mix of power and size.

DaveH

Generally Dell's good value for your money, they have a new economy line the 1000 and 1100, which should do what you need it to. For my money, I buy older/used Thinkpads, but that's because they're the only notepad keyboards I can tolerate... plus they're built like tanks and rarely fail (and when they do they're usually easily self diag and fixed). And while I can't stand the Dells, I know too many people happy with theirs not to recommend at least checking them out.

yoshifumi

Banned
i have a dell inspiron 1100 which was pretty cheap (about $1100) and it works great for everything i use it for.

my only complaint is that it's a tad on the heavy side, but i don't carry it around too much so i don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom