• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After 2.5 years, Cyberpunk 2077’s Steam reviews are now ‘very positive’. CDPR thanks fans.

Draugoth

Gold Member
cyberpunk-2077-1280x720.jpg

CD PROJECT THANKS FANS “FOR ACKNOWLEDGING ALL THE HARD WORK THE TEAM HAS PUT IN” SINCE RELEASE

Over two and a half years since its disastrous launch, Cyberpunk 2077’s Steam user review rating has been upgraded to “very positive.”

At the time of writing, 80% of the 546,249 user reviews for the game are positive, according to Valve.

CD Projekt Red’s global community director Marcin Momot highlighted the game’s upgraded review status in a Twitter post thanking players for the positive feedback.

“Cyberpunk 2077 Steam reviews are now sitting at ‘Very Positive’ with 80% of all scores being favourable,”

He wrote.

“Thank you all for acknowledging all the hard work the team has put in over the years since the release!”

TrueGrime

Should have just delayed the game another year and saved yourselves and your fans all the trouble. Whatever now though I suppose, another case of release it now, fix it later and hope everyone forgets about the issues down the line.

Delayed and dropping last gen consoles would've been optimal. Glad it worked out in the end. Got a 100 hours worth of great experience with the game and I'm looking forward to the DLC.

DeaDPo0L84

If you haven't played it or dipped out at launch due to issues it's 100% worth playing at this point. The expansion is looking really good as well. If you have a PC that can handle the new ray tracing settings you're in for a treat.

I played it for the first time a few months ago - couldn't pass it up on PC for $20. I really enjoyed my time with it even though it felt undercooked.

HL3.exe

Recently played it again with all the patches, enjoyed it enough. But its still not the reactive simulations driven game they hyped it up to be when marketing the game.

It's still a rather shallow RPG, with great visual presentation and writen pretty good at times.

Still, looking forward what comes next. Hoped they learned how to tackle this next time around.

Last edited:

Gorgon

Was super excited when CP2077 was first announced, but then didn't like the actual game. Still happy for CDP and wish them the best with the IP.

Saber

Gold Member
Continue to fix and tune your game and you shall see more results like that. Fans appretiate when you listen to them.
Game is cool when you don't need to worry about bugs.

A.Romero

But how much is it about the hard work vs the combination of discounts and lower (realistic) expectations?

Does it matter? They are not saying they didn't fuck up, they are just saying that the perception has changed.

Played it on PC on release and enjoyed it but it was way overhyped. Maybe the expansion will deliver or maybe the sequel.

captainpat

Played the game at launch and it was mostly fine for me. Granted I had a 3080 and very managed expectations about how deep the game's systems were gonna be (like I didn't buy that whole every npc has their own schedule nonsense).

StereoVsn

It's a good action shooter with RPG elements, but it's a bad RPG and completely not what they promised and demoed in 2018. I really wish they didn't go Keanu direction and blew their budget on that.

That said I enjoyed my time with the game, for what it was especially with some judicial mods. And I will be picking up the expansion as well. Good on CDPR to keep working on the game all this time at least.

Denton

It's a good action shooter with RPG elements, but it's a bad RPG and completely not what they promised and demoed in 2018.
That's just false. There are like two minor aspects missing in the final game compared to the demo, the wall-hanging and interactive adverts, that's about it. Everything else is in the game, which also happens to look better than the demo.

Now, whether it is "bad RPG" is subjective, so I won't argue that eventhough I disagree. But the E3 2018 gameplay demo is fairly representative of the final game, about as much as a demo of a game in development still 2 years before release can be.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It's good to see, I thought it was a pretty good game, and I was glad I was able to play it on PC at launch without having any wild issues.

I will say though, my take away from the game was that it was.... alright. There were some really cool things, like the setting, the music, etc. But a lot of things felt pretty shallow, and safe to me. I enjoyed it enough to finish the game, and get the other endings so that says a lot. But a few weeks later there were already parts of the game that I had forgotten which I also feel is pretty telling.

I'm really interested in the DLC though, and to see how all the improvements feel.

Last edited:

dummydecoy

Did they fix the police spawn and also them being able to drive?
How about the random cars changing to another model when the palter looks away?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
That's just false.

Hes not wrong actually. I mean technically yes, what was shown was like 70% accurate but they also promised A LOT of things in words and interviews like the fucking lifepaths having huge impact on the story, the whole RPG aspect of the game, you shape the story marketing BS and many more. Words are also lies my guy.

Did they fix the police spawn and also them being able to drive?

You're not playing a story focused game because you cant mess arround with cops in the game? How are people still asking this stupid question so many years after holy shit.

RaptorGTA

Its not that deep

They fixed the game and people like it.
I think there are a few elements to the success. Fixing the game is the main aspect, but the Netflix show, the new content coming have not only helped but got people to go back and try again. This was me and I just finished the game yesterday. Absolutely amazing game.

It's only ever been a great game to me. But I had the luxury of playing it entirely on my PC. Never had an issue with it. Only enjoyed it.

Bojji

That's just false. There are like two minor aspects missing in the final game compared to the demo, the wall-hanging and interactive adverts, that's about it. Everything else is in the game, which also happens to look better than the demo.

Now, whether it is "bad RPG" is subjective, so I won't argue that eventhough I disagree. But the E3 2018 gameplay demo is fairly representative of the final game, about as much as a demo of a game in development still 2 years before release can be.

People love to
Hes not wrong actually. I mean technically yes, what was shown was like 70% accurate but they also promised A LOT of things in words and interviews like the fucking lifepaths having huge impact on the story, the whole RPG aspect of the game, you shape the story marketing BS and many more. Words are also lies my guy.

You're not playing a story focused game because you cant mess arround with cops in the game? How are people still asking this stupid question so many years after holy shit.

They are actually fixing police and drivers ai with this new patch (expansion) but I love that people bring this up as some "major flaw" when game could be played without any police chases at all and focus is completely elsewhere.

Winter John

Gold Member
I bought the game on release.. Played around an hour or so then quit because I knew it was better to wait until it was patched. I’m looking forward to buying the expansion and playing it through for the first time.

Lupin25

Wasnt always like that..especially on last gen consoles

It still isn’t .

This is why:

People love to

They are actually fixing police and drivers ai with this new patch (expansion) but I love that people bring this up as some "major flaw" when game could be played without any police chases at all and focus is completely elsewhere.

Lol It is a major flaw if they have to completely fix systems under the hood and promote it as almost a feature for the DLC. Proper Police/Traffic AI was present even during the 360/PS3 era.

I’m waiting for the expansion just for things like this. It’s immersion breaking, personally.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Lol It is a major flaw if they have to completely fix systems

No its not. People were focused on that shit and wouldnt shut up about it because everyone with a brain knew, the game was an amazing story focused immersive sim. Just because they couldnt get their "do random shit" gta fix, doesnt mean this was a major flaw for the game. CDPR just got tired of these dumb ass kids. What else are people going to complain about now? Lemme check my list: "you cant do anything in this game besides shooting and story". Only dumbasses expected this to be a cyberpunk life sim but CDPR is to blame here as well for lying in a lot of their press talks.

StereoVsn

And public transportation is also there? How about paths actually mattering?

What about having many different solutions to quests? The very first one has by far the most options.

How about interactivity in Night City? Or NPC AI?

SNPlayen

I was very mid on it when I played the patched PS4 version on PS5, part of it negative mindset, mostly shit like no traffic at all, retarded NPCs etc.Played the PS5 version recently and I thought it was great.

And public transportation is also there? How about paths actually mattering?

What about having many different solutions to quests? The very first one has by far the most options.

How about interactivity in Night City? Or NPC AI?
The game was marketed like it was fallout New Vegas regarding quest choice and solutions. Then after the first mission every thing is one route .

They put their entire budget into the first mission to lure you in.

Dynasty8

Skipped at launch, but played it last year and really enjoyed it. Anyone who hasn't played this game yet, I highly recommend waiting until September 26th to play it after the major update and DLC.

EDMIX

But how much is it about the hard work vs the combination of discounts and lower (realistic) expectations?

This....

Once you remove any anticipation of it being actual deep RPG and it becomes this weird borderlands clone for $5, it becomes easier to be like, sure good job. lol

At this point, we just need to wait till Rockstar or Bethesda make something like this as they can pull it off as they've already done titles like this. I mean, look at even Starfield's trailers and walkthroughs, it sounds like Starfield is showing what the game will be at release and CP2077 is either making shit up or showing you what they "thought" the game would be like at release or something.

I'm doubtful when they are talking the different factions and groups in the game and what you can be in the game, that its merely talking about fucking "lore", they sound like for sure, 100% they are saying that is what Starfield is as they have no history of lying over such things, where if that same trailer is done by CDPR.......yea who knows how much of that is even real and how much of it later will be dismissed as "lore".

So maybe people can accept what it is more now post launch, then what they kept hyping up, lying about and claiming for years. Can anyone even blame RPG fans? The idea of joining a guild isn't some fucking wild thing, so when they are talking about "sTreeT kiDz" and "cOrpRO" what the fuck is the point of saying any of that if it adds next to nothing to the game outside of a different opening?

When CDPR tells you this, have doubts, they are fucking liars and aiming to lead folks to believe its MORE then what it really is.

When Bethesda tells you this, they have a history of really fucking doing it....thus we just hear it like "oh like thieves guild?"

I can't blame consumers for thinking this mind you, folks made it sound like CDPR was going to destroy Bethesda in the RPG department and when the dust settled, this is more like a really bad Borderlands clone lol
This game had the greatest F up launch in history of games

lol TRUTH! I've never seen something like this, from numerous false claims to tons of stripped content, lawsuits, being removed from PSN to all those Yellow Screen apologizes. Its even more odd as, how sorry can they even be, they till this day still have many trailers up of content that doesn't exist in the game, basically marketing something that doesn't exist as they are promoting it. So how sorry are they really if they are still using that content on their Youtube channel? smh
People really just want to continue hating on a game they don't have to play and it's weird

lol sure, but with the thread being about how the people perceive this game, I'd argue many that dislike it, have a lot to do with actually playing it in the first place and seeing its not what they marketed it to be lol
The game was marketed like it was fallout New Vegas regarding quest choice and solutions. Then after the first mission every thing is one route .

They put their entire budget into the first mission to lure you in.

This 10000%. Even the footage of Jackie is merely a montage, but why show that in a trailer leading people to believe THOSE EVENTS AS THEY HAPPEN are in the game?

While playing it, i was shocked to see that as its clear they aimed to deceive people about that whole thing and its not like some wild twist happens in the story to do this mind you. For a trailer, I get it, they want to show PARTS of the game, unbeknownst to all of us, that shit LITERALLY was what it shows in the game lol It was like, ok....why are we not actually just doing those parts? Why is all that just rushed thru some video? lol

It feels like they were making a different game, had footage cause it was incomplete and was like "fuck it, turn it into a montage" lol

Anything after the first 4 missions just feels like a Borderlands clone lol

Drake

I somewhat enjoyed it, and it was.....fine I guess. I knew even from watching the videos that the gun play wasn't gonna be great. I put my 50-60 hours into it and that's that. I have no desire to play the expansion.

Rea

They deserved this. It's a good game and the graphics on PC is really next-gen with path tracing.

Top Bottom