• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Mario + Rabbids, think Nintendo will work w/ Soliani and Ubi Milan/Paris again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
j1vzHQz.gif

Bloke has passion and skill. I hope he keeps working with Nintendo
Such a beautiful moment. I'm so glad I watched it live. I'm so happy for him. I still get misty eyed watching it.

It's not every day the someone is acknowledged by a legend.

Fucking passion. It's clear with certain devs.

Really comes down to sales I'd imagine. Certainly the fact that the game has been so well received would have to make Nintendo more open with letting them use their IP's.

yurinka

It will sell well so yes, Mario + Rabbids 2 and so on. Nintendo love to milk their cows releasing dozens and dozens of their IPs like Mario, Kirby, etc. They don't mind giving them to 3rd parties as they did with Zelda Musou, Luigi's Mansion, Starfox, Mario & Sonic and so on.

Mael

I guess this is really the perfect project for everyone involved.
Nintendo gets a project to pad their lineup without fronting the costs or having to expend that many resources.
Ubisoft gets to be on Switch "early" with relatively low risk and they get to use another company's IP to bolster their own internal IP.
Soliani gets to make his dream game.
We get to get a pretty darn good game out of nowhere.

A win for everyone but the people who worked on yet another port of Rayman Legends instead of this.

-shadow-

If they do, it'll most certainly be inside Nintendo. I doubt Nintendo was happy with the usual Ubi leak (as they always do, oh Ubisoft).

Yukinari

This man and his team managed to make a highly rated product with easy to learn but hard to master mechanics and kicked Grant into shape with great music.

Not to mention making the core cast of Rabbids not annoying and more reserved.

Nintendo have never been one to turn down further entries in collaboration with successful partners. If the team at ubisoft pitch another title to them, I'm sure we see more

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Yes the review embargo is up, but I think we can wait more than one day to have this discussion and let it sink in before we canonically answer whether the game is good and Nintendo should make more projects in its vein or with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom