• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ahsoka Teaser Trailer - ‘I started hearing whispers of Thrawn’s return as heir to the Empire’

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I highly recommend star wars rebels, it was a great series

I keep meaning to. We just moved and are waiting on a new entertainment center that was on long back order. Once it arrives and I can set my TV and streaming devices back up I plan on watching it. I want to watch it on the big screen and not on my iPad or laptop.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Because of that I wouldnt hold my breath on S2 being as good since writing like that cant just be conjured up on the fly just cause Andor turned out to be an "unexspected" hit.
Seasons 1 and 2 were written as one 24 episode show. They just filmed them separately.

The 24 episodes cover the five years before ANH. The first 12 episodes is one year. Then the remaining four years are told in three episode arcs leading up to where Andor goes at the start of Rogue One.

Last edited:

CGNoire

Seasons 1 and 2 were written as one 24 episode show. They just filmed them separately.

The 24 episodes cover the five years before ANH. The first 12 episodes is one year. Then the remaining four years are told in three episode arcs leading up to where Andor goes at the start of Rogue One.
Holy Shit thats great news.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
This series looks okay but it's hard to tell right now.

When is The Acolyte supposed to be coming out? That one interest me the most because I think we're going to get Darth Plaguies.

Darkmakaimura

I actually figured this realm was going to be featured in the show. There were hints of it.

LordOfChaos

Should I get my hopes up? Thrawn would certainly be a more exciting heir than clone/wired palpatine or whatever shit that was

Even Mando started amazingly but is starting to fade tho

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Should I get my hopes up? Thrawn would certainly be a more exciting heir than clone/wired palpatine or whatever shit that was

Even Mando started amazingly but is starting to fade tho
I just can't anymore.

I was a huge Star Wars fan but now I'm starting to like Star Trek better because it's less insufferable less woke. I never thought Star Wars would end up being more woke than Star Trek but here we are.

LordOfChaos

I just can't anymore.

I was a huge Star Wars fan but now I'm starting to like Star Trek better because it's less insufferable less woke. I never thought Star Wars would end up being more woke than Star Trek but here we are.

I think woke is usually overused as the explanation of why something is bad, but if we're talking about that and Star Trek, Discovery is kind of the motherload, how about an obese half retarded ensign because reasons

I haven't found most new Trek any better. SNW has potential, there was one episode in the one season that I found unbearable but the rest was interesting. I still maintain The Orville is the best new "trek" show.

jason10mm

Gold Member
This looks TERRRRIIBBBLLLLEEEEE, nothing about those costumes feels authentic, it all looks like bad cosplay. Everything feels like a soundstage with big green drapes. I guess Andor has spoiled me for how GOOD Star Wars can feel, this looks to have the worst aspects of Obi-wan, Fett, and Mando dialed up to 11. Poor Dawson can barely move her head and feels as nimble as a garbage truck. Be nice to see Ghost and the Phantom shuttle though, those were cool designs. I'm not optimistic about this at all though. Where can this show even go with Thrawn given where we know it ends up with TFA? More nonsense about bringing back the Emperor (and WHO really wants that if you already have all his toys and there is no direct Jedi threat for him to counter?). The Rise of Snoke the Dope?

I'll be watching with a clenched jaw and skyrocketting blood pressure :p

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah that's not going to happen

Doesn't matter. It should. The ST has hurt the franchise tremendously. They can keep it still "canon", just make it an alternate timeline. Have all future films and sequels based around the Mandalorian/FIloni timeline. Make Obiwan part of the ST timeline and remove the trash.

This looks TERRRRIIBBBLLLLEEEEE, nothing about those costumes feels authentic, it all looks like bad cosplay. Everything feels like a soundstage with big green drapes. I guess Andor has spoiled me for how GOOD Star Wars can feel, this looks to have the worst aspects of Obi-wan, Fett, and Mando dialed up to 11. Poor Dawson can barely move her head and feels as nimble as a garbage truck. Be nice to see Ghost and the Phantom shuttle though, those were cool designs. I'm not optimistic about this at all though. Where can this show even go with Thrawn given where we know it ends up with TFA? More nonsense about bringing back the Emperor (and WHO really wants that if you already have all his toys and there is no direct Jedi threat for him to counter?). The Rise of Snoke the Dope?

I'll be watching with a clenched jaw and skyrocketting blood pressure :p
I'm not a huge Filoni fan but Ahsoka is his precious creation, and he seems to have complete control over this series. At the very least we can expect there to be actual passion behind this show rather than the soulless abortions of Obi-wan, Fett and Mando S3.

I think it's safe to set your expectations above those shows but below Andor. Personally, I'm waiting for impressions/reviews before firing up the ol' D+ subscription.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Doesn't matter. It should. The ST has hurt the franchise tremendously. They can keep it still "canon", just make it an alternate timeline. Have all future films and sequels based around the Mandalorian/FIloni timeline. Make Obiwan part of the ST timeline and remove the trash.

No chance in hell all the time Kathleen Kennedy is in charge. She fucking loves Rey, so you will too.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Disney is so far gone that and they've doubled down with the new Rey movie. Deep down I'm still holding on to the hope that the rumour from ages ago that the World Between Worlds would be used, as you say, to make the ST an alternate timeline, but I wouldn't be betting my dick on it.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
No chance in hell all the time Kathleen Kennedy is in charge. She fucking loves Rey, so you will too.
Oh they can still have Rey. The actress is damn good at her job and they can make her a more interesting and sympathetic character. Just not based off of what we saw in the ST.

Reintroduce her in the new world created via Filoni's world. She was found, trained, and became a Jedi Knight entering Masterhood. Have her have these "Flash backs" to an alternate timeline, where she has to struggle with her own memories and thoughts as she works alongside Kylo and others, training the next generation of Jedi.

Disney is so far gone that and they've doubled down with the new Rey movie. Deep down I'm still holding on to the hope that the rumour from ages ago that the World Between Worlds would be used, as you say, to make the ST an alternate timeline, but I wouldn't be betting my dick on it.
Oh, I know it 99.9% chance won't happen - but I can still hope, dream, and push for it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Come on, enough with alternate time lines and whatnot.

We all know the "new Rey saga" will have her have to fight the New Empire who are lead by a shadowy weird dude, has a sith-like armored enforcer, and is building a planet killing superweapon.

Ain't no new ideas with this shit.

Top Bottom