• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II |OT| I'm blinded by the lights.........

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Finally finished it. I wanted to like it but couldnt. Gameplay is worse than the original. I dont mind a crazy story but I really wanted to punch Alan´s stupid face near the end. Sam Lake´s self righteous ass too. That white asshole line was completely out of nowhere. Unless the DLC is better I wont ever bother playing this again.

Well, shit 😁

BTW Beer, how many hours did it take you ? I've been reading that it's a long ass game clocking at more than 40hours ?

Cheers

Last edited:

Roufianos

In cinema checkpoints really suck, alrady rage quitted once. Change scene, walk fair amount of distance, listen to the fucking echo again, change scene, hope you dont get grabbed by teleporting enemies and get the light on which seems to be bugged. I don't even know when the next checkpoint is.
Ah god, the absolute worst.

Those Casey scenes were just awful, I had no idea what was going on.

Just finished the game. A very mixed bag, awesome atmosphere, combat was pretty fun, whacky in a good way in places.

But man, I have no idea what parts of it were about. Was getting lost on where to go all the time. Certain aspects of the story like the Casey echoes I just didn't care for. Saga's parts were definitely better than Wake's.

Definitely preferred the original.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Finally finished this having picked it up on sale with the 20% off + 33% off code. Would give it about an 8/10. Atmosphere and production was superb, but everything else was a mixed bag of highs and lows. As far as Remedy games go, definitely like Control more.

Doom85

I just realised Lance Reddick was supposed to play Mr. Door. R.I.P.

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Damn, that sucks. Lance would have surely been great in the role like he always does.

Still, David Harewood did a great job in the role.

Kerotan

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Damn, that sucks. Lance would have surely been great in the role like he always does.

Still, David Harewood did a great job in the role.
Yeah he did a great job. I just read Lance Reddick played a key role in their old game Quantum Break.

MS own the rights to it so hopefully they port it to playstation.

Mortisfacio

Just platinumed this. What a game and looking forward to the expansions.

I preferred controlled slightly more but love the tie ins and definitely thought this was better then the original.

I just realised Lance Reddick was supposed to play Mr. Door. R.I.P.

I agree with liking this over the original. Was mostly for the combat. Combat wasn't amazing in this one, but an improvement over the first.

Also had no idea Lance Reddick was supposed to be Mr. Door. David did great, but Lance would have been great as well.

Kerotan

I agree with liking this over the original. Was mostly for the combat. Combat wasn't amazing in this one, but an improvement over the first.

Also had no idea Lance Reddick was supposed to be Mr. Door. David did great, but Lance would have been great as well.
Yeah they even gave an in memory of Lance Reddick at the end of the credits.

Dazraell

This was apparently a nod to Reddick's role in Quantum Break where he played a character named Martin Hatch. Notice the similarity in their names (Warlin Door). People speculate that this wasn't a coincidence

Top Bottom