• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II |OT| I'm blinded by the lights.........

cormack12

Gold Member
tX4zhpR.png

diisCTQ.png

3rzGivh.png

R7B2Z6I.png

6QsRlQq.png
aarq5FA.png

ypCn1Tx.png

WpCmhXE.png

thoev5o.png

ayMWXjr.png

0teReAC.png

QNCQcpc.png

C61i1VZ.png

pNvnh25.png

SCB3

So decisions, PS5 or push my PC, I have a 6650xt and a 5600x with 32gb DDR4 RAM, should be decent enough for 1080p 60fps I think

I did buy it on EGS, they have a decent refund policy so always worth a try I guess, I never had a issue with Control on my older PC setup when that was released so hoping for the same kinda optimisation here

SCB3

The Silent Hill 2 of the new gen

Didnt think Id be spending $200 on games within a week but here we are

Fuck I hate this hobby

Yea I've spent so much so far this quarter

• Starfield
  • Baldurs Gate 3
  • MK1
  • Armored Core
  • FC24
  • Lies of P
  • Sonic Superstars
  • Spiderman 2
  • Mario Wonder
  • MGS Master Collection
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Alan Wake 2
At least AC Mirage was on Ubisoft+ so was fairly cheap

Been a great year for games though!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yea I've spent so much so far this quarter

• Starfield
  • Baldurs Gate 3
  • MK1
  • Armored Core
  • FC24
  • Lies of P
  • Sonic Superstars
  • Spiderman 2
  • Mario Wonder
  • MGS Master Collection
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Alan Wake 2
At least AC Mirage was on Ubisoft+ so was fairly cheap

Been a great year for games though!

And then fucking Robocop next week

What the fuck man :messenger_weary::messenger_weary::messenger_weary:

Filben

I've read somewhere that this time Remedy added full and proper DualSense support to the PC version. If this is true (why is it so hard to get official news on this topic?) I'll probably go for the PC version that'll be running with an RTX 3080.

Is it necessary to have played the first game before jumping into this? Story-wise? I read the information in the OP. Will that be enough? The first game is horribly outdated and I didn't like the controls.

NeonDelta

Seems like news of the death of PCs was exaggerated. And I should go back and play the first game, which I never finished on X360 but have on epic game store

woke up this morning with no intention of buying it, seeing the DF PS5 review, this tweet and the fact its £33 on GMG ive just bought it.

does Epic Game Store not allow pre loading?

J3nga

Is it necessary to have played the first game before jumping into this? Story-wise? I read the information in the OP. Will that be enough? The first game is horribly outdated and I didn't like the controls.
Why not watch story recap on youtube then?

I'm glad the game has been well received as I have been a fan of the studio and franchise since the beginning. Owning almost every Remedy release to date. A good reception and strong sales will ensure Remedy's survival. With that being said, I am genuinely astounded that barely any reviewers seem to take issue with the heavily reduced screen time of Alan Wake in the new game. The character split is close to 50-50; why Remedy even called this Alan Wake 2 is surprising. I'll bet Remedy wouldn't release a new Max Payne game with 50-50 split protagonists. I also believe that Saga Andersson, as a character, used to be a white FBI agent, not black. I really hate this unnecessary race-swapping of existing characters, just introduce a new character if you want to go with someone different. It's no big deal. Lastly, why the fuck is the game a digital-only release? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

saintjules

I've read somewhere that this time Remedy added full and proper DualSense support to the PC version. If this is true (why is it so hard to get official news on this topic?) I'll probably go for the PC version that'll be running with an RTX 3080.

Well you've sold me.

shubik

I will be a reasonable person. I will finish Spiderman 2 and after that, I will buy this. Although I have to say, that this looks absolutely phenomenal. Tempting to buy it tomorrow.... I even have a day of...

Holy shit i couldnt be more excited for a game

Now everyone FUCKING BUY IT and dont cry about being digital only. Support art and great games. Maybe you can skip CoD this year and buy a game like this instead, just saying :)
DONE! I'll be on PS5 tomorrow FUCK YEA.

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

GHG

No you see how I felt when 13 Sentinels got released......
200w.gif

I tried to do my part but nobody listened.

Top Bottom