• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce is hosting the 2024 GDC Awards

Hrk69

heath ledger film GIF by hoppip

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I just skimmed it but she was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy overdressed compared to the rest of the presenters. Of course, she was also far and away the most presentable and glamorous, but goddamn if I was the organizer of this event I'd be so pissed at folks showing up in t-shirts and just sloppy ass ill fitting clothing that makes the entire thing seem amateurish and slapdash. Though the garish color scheme plastered all around the stage did that as well, so I guess that's just "games media" these days?

Totally agree with you man. I'm a bit upset that people didn't take it as "serious" as she did. I mean, it is what it is. But it's like........have you never owned a suit before? It doesn't even have to be Tom Ford. Just any suit......even from JCPenneys.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I can promise you she does nothing for me and can very easily answer no I would not

Hate to be THAT guy but was a professional athlete for 13 years and women much hotter than her were a nightly option when some of us would go out because so many smoke show women know where athletes like to hang out

Why do you think you see so many athletes with these women, its literally a buffet
Must be nice, LOL.

DrFigs

I mean she's not especially beautiful is she? She's a woman, an ok looking one, that is a gamer, and that attracts attention on its own, but she doesn't rise above basically normal for me, never especially got all the hots for her (except that's expected with horny gamer guys and basically any woman)

Alanah_Pearce_-_GDCA_2022_2_%28cropped%29.jpg
this isn't the early 2000's anymore. her being a gamer is a huge negative. that's just an unflattering photo

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
100% would eat out her fart box.

What would you eat out of it, though? LAO MEIN?!!?!?!

LMAOLAOMEIN

Alanah is a pretty cool dude cuz she sits on cyberpunk and is in cyberpunk so it's meta and she doesn't afraid of anything

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
A lot of people in this thread would literally explode if they visited Bondi beach.
Was just staying at Bondi Beach and can confirm. The great thing about not living under Sharia is that women can wear what they want. Being angry at people for being fit, attractive, and wearing clothing that accentuates it is the epitome of low test energy.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
People in here concerned about giving this girl a number.

She seems cool, and has a great body. Good on her. It's nothing more than that, for me. It's not like its creepy, I wouldn't be drooling over her. I'm sure plenty of us have girls that are friends that you have no problem with saying, "girl you look hot as fuck tonight, GG" - not drooling on them, give them the props and move on.
Pure human nature for a straight male to be sexually attracted to a female that's ticking the biological check boxes, and then flaunting them in the right way.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I can promise you she does nothing for me and can very easily answer no I would not

Hate to be THAT guy but was a professional athlete for 13 years and women much hotter than her were a nightly option when some of us would go out because so many smoke show women know where athletes like to hang out

Why do you think you see so many athletes with these women, its literally a buffet
Well sometimes I fancy shooting my load in a McDonald’s hamburger even though I can afford to fuck a Five Guys.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Was just staying at Bondi Beach and can confirm. The great thing about not living under Sharia is that women can wear what they want. Being angry at people for being fit, attractive, and wearing clothing that accentuates it is the epitome of low test energy.

Exactly. I find it truly bizarre when people get offended by hot people walking around in bikinis and board shorts. Like... why the fuck wouldn't you, if you can do it? And that's the crux... it's usually the people who can't do it, who moan. But instead of bettering themselves, they seek to bring others down. Hope you enjoyed Sydney, and the weather was ok. They've had some weird shit going on the past couple summers. I'm moving back later this year, so hoping it's settled back a bit.

jason10mm

Gold Member
:messenger_tears_of_joy: ...you think someone walking around in swim wear on a hot Sydney summer's day doesn't have dignity?

Are you posting from the 18th century?
I think it's more the contradiction of (some) that say a woman ought to be able to simultaneously wear as little as she wants and act hiw she wants but ALSO be shielded from the male gaze, ANY attention she does not want, and be treated as if she were a prim and proper adult despite her boobs flapping in the breeze.

Very few men request that dichotomy be applied to them and the ones that do tend to be somewhat malicious about it (what, you mean if I dress and act in full gangland style then folks will avoid me and treat me negatively???)

Cultural norms of dress and behavior evolve the way they do to try to reconcile this conundrum, or at least constrain it from being applied too broadly and unevenly.

FWIW I'm on team bikini top though with America's sugar addiction it's a hard team to follow these days ;p

Hudo

Amen should see how many walk around in Miami Fl
Seems like I've found my next vacation location.

Zimmy68

Never has someone who has done so little has gained so much. But good for her.
Watching that video, she does look amazing but man, did someone turn off the A/C? She is sweating like a $2...

Last edited:

Saiyan-Rox

Never has someone who has done so little has gained so much. But good for her.
Watching that video, she does look amazing but man, did someone turn off the A/C? She is sweating like a $2...

I mean if I had to go on stage I'd be sweating like Lee Evans

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think it's more the contradiction of (some) that say a woman ought to be able to simultaneously wear as little as she wants and act hiw she wants but ALSO be shielded from the male gaze, ANY attention she does not want, and be treated as if she were a prim and proper adult despite her boobs flapping in the breeze.

No woman who dresses in a way that accentuates her sexuality is expecting not to be looked at by men.

But there's a vast difference between a man being appreciative of a woman's looks... and a man calling her things like 'slutty', and treating her with no respect. Or thinking the way she dresses gives them any right to harass her.

That's the problem. And there's a lot of dick head men in the world who act like that. Frankly, some of the comments in this thread come from that same place.

mckmas8808

Maybe nobody needs to give an opinion on how attractive they think she is or isn't.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

LOL! So true. Low test energy......I like that phrase. I may steal it.

People in here concerned about giving this girl a number.

She seems cool, and has a great body. Good on her. It's nothing more than that, for me. It's not like its creepy, I wouldn't be drooling over her. I'm sure plenty of us have girls that are friends that you have no problem with saying, "girl you look hot as fuck tonight, GG" - not drooling on them, give them the props and move on.
Pure human nature for a straight male to be sexually attracted to a female that's ticking the biological check boxes, and then flaunting them in the right way.

Totally agree with you, but it's so weird to read what you typed since it should just be normal. The fact that you have to explain the bolded is odd, but necessary these days. God I hate where this current generation is sometimes.

MarkMe2525

You're saying that women are sex objects. Now I'm happy to see and treat women like that, if that's what they want, but they can't simultaneously be respected as my equal because they've chosen not to be.
Wait... people who want to be sexualized cannot be your equal? Check your ego, as it may be a little inflated. It would probably do you good to stay off of the "chan" for a little bit.

Edit: I didn't realize they were banned. Oh well, I'm sure he is still lurking so he just may see this.

Last edited:
Some people are in here calling her a devious devil harlot out to mind control pure hearted gamer boys when women in Australia dress like that to go to the supermarket, never mind hosting an awards show.
I always find the lack of travel to be the problem when people display these strong opinions. It's unfortunate that most travel isn't cheap. It would be an eye opener for many.

Braag

She looks good. I wonder how all these consultation groups who want to cover up women and make them look like dudes think about her look.

Last edited:
Love Alannah, so this will be great.

Despite not agreeing with all her opinions, she's still one of the most level-headed, least woke, independent thinkers in the gaming media.

jason10mm

Gold Member
No woman who dresses in a way that accentuates her sexuality is expecting not to be looked at by men.

But there's a vast difference between a man being appreciative of a woman's looks... and a man calling her things like 'slutty', and treating her with no respect. Or thinking the way she dresses gives them any right to harass her.

That's the problem. And there's a lot of dick head men in the world who act like that. Frankly, some of the comments in this thread come from that same place.
See, that's the thing. That is a cultural judgement. Plenty of cultures insist on female modesty out in public and the lack of it is a cause for disparaging remarks. I agree that crossing over to harassment is generally bad (though I guess those cane wielding sharia law enforcers would disagree) but its equally naïve to say that ALL men should behave in a very specific way. Sexually appealing women in very revealing clothing is often taken as a sign of invitation or promiscuity because that IS a marker of invitation or promiscuity. That manner of dress is DESIGNED to elicit a sexual response, be it in a specific partner or men (and women I suppose) in general. I agree that "proper" cultural norms would be to appreciate with the eyes, but keep the mouth shut but that's me projecting my preferences on others who would see it as equally valid that a woman who flaunts her feminine charms so openly is deserving of any positive OR negative connotations that provokes. It's pretty rare for males to do the same, quite frankly, and when they do it's pretty remarked upon and questioned. Naturally these are age old issues because these are primal instincts of females displaying sexual availability and men engaging in elaborate peacocking displays, combat for right of mating, or demonstrations of worth for mating rites that cross cultures and even into non-primate or even non-mammalian species.

Anyway, I thought she looked good, her looks were probably a large reason why she was there, and in the context of the show was appropriate, if on the more extreme end of dress given the other presenters. Not worthy of negative commentary.

mckmas8808

Very few men request that dichotomy be applied to them and the ones that do tend to be somewhat malicious about it (what, you mean if I dress and act in full gangland style then folks will avoid me and treat me negatively???)

Cultural norms of dress and behavior evolve the way they do to try to reconcile this conundrum, or at least constrain it from being applied too broadly and unevenly.

FWIW I'm on team bikini top though with America's sugar addiction it's a hard team to follow these days ;p

Dichotomy? Seriously!? So cleavage should send a man to go crazy? As a man, you can look, but don't stare. Have some self-respect. Is it really that hard to be around women who dress like this but also treat her with respect?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
See, that's the thing. That is a cultural judgement. Plenty of cultures insist on female modesty out in public and the lack of it is a cause for disparaging remarks. I agree that crossing over to harassment is generally bad (though I guess those cane wielding sharia law enforcers would disagree) but its equally naïve to say that ALL men should behave in a very specific way. Sexually appealing women in very revealing clothing is often taken as a sign of invitation or promiscuity because that IS a marker of invitation or promiscuity. That manner of dress is DESIGNED to elicit a sexual response, be it in a specific partner or men (and women I suppose) in general. I agree that "proper" cultural norms would be to appreciate with the eyes, but keep the mouth shut but that's me projecting my preferences on others who would see it as equally valid that a woman who flaunts her feminine charms so openly is deserving of any positive OR negative connotations that provokes. It's pretty rare for males to do the same, quite frankly, and when they do it's pretty remarked upon and questioned.

There are no circumstances at all, in any conceivable manner, where there is any excuse for a man to physically harass, or act in a harassing manner to a woman for what she is wearing. None.

Top Bottom