• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce is hosting the 2024 GDC Awards

jason10mm

Gold Member
Dichotomy? Seriously!? So cleavage should send a man to go crazy? As a man, you can look, but don't stare. Have some self-respect. Is it really that hard to be around women who dress like this but also treat her with respect?
If you are raised in a culture where only women going out clubbing, in bars, in strip clubs, etc dress like that then yes, that's how you might perceive ANY woman dressed like that. I'm not saying I feel that way, but certainly lots of cultures put some limits on "proper dress" and don't routinely have women wearing what passes for night club attire on the reg. YMMV but the way you dress does affect how you are perceived.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
No one is even suggesting that, move off that strawman.

Your words:

but its equally naïve to say that ALL men should behave in a very specific way.

Yes. All men should behave in a specific way. That way being to not harass the woman in question. You sound like you're trying to posit a circumstance where there could be a reason or an excuse for a man to act in an inappropriate manner. But do forgive me if that’s not your intent.

For the avoidance of doubt though… no matter what a woman wears or what she does, there is no excuse in the world for a man to behave inappropriately toward her.

And any ‘culture’ that acts differently is one that is morally corrupt, backward and deserves to be ended.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Your words:

Yes. All men should behave in a specific way. That way being to not harass the woman in question. You sound like you're trying to posit a circumstance where there could be a reason or an excuse for a man to act in an inappropriate manner. But do forgive me if that’s not your intent.

For the avoidance of doubt though… no matter what a woman wears or what she does, there is no excuse in the world for a man to behave inappropriately toward her.

And any ‘culture’ that acts differently is one that is morally corrupt, backward and deserves to be ended.
Sigh, I'll keep playing.

This is nebulous phrase. I'd say that if a woman dresses like a club girl then she expects to be TREATED like a club girl, i.e. she is gonna get hit on, flirted with, oogled, judged as a sexual being, be "scored", yadda yadda because her outfit is indicating her intent, and if that is not the case then she needs to change. This narrative that a woman can dress however she wants and its only the men in the wrong when she gets lots of attention is ludicrous to me. There are times and places for that stuff, it's out in bars and clubs. OBVIOUSLY physical harassment or even uncouth verbal harassment are out of line, but to say "meh, she's just a 6" when she is wearing a clingy body sleeve with several boob windows is hardly some form of egregious barbarian behavior. She could have worn jeans and a t-shirt to that event and fit right in with everyone else, but she wanted to stand out and she did so BECAUSE of her dress, it was made for attention and attention is what she got. It's not prudish or repressive to suggest that dressing to emphasize the physical assets (and looks like she spent a pretty penny on them) means she wants discussion, she can hardly give a shocked face that guys are talking about her body. Nothing wrong with it either, and I bet a thread like this is EXACTLY what she hoped would happen as I've thought more about her in the past day than in the previous couple of YEARS at least.

But yes, to be VERY clear, there is no excuse for physical harassment or uncouth behavior directly at her. I doubt anyone here would say anything negative to her face, as people generally refrain from doing that to anyone. But if she walked up to me and gave me an angry "Hey, my eyes are up here", well, what did you expect, lady? I got an operating system running on like 640k ram and right now my autoexec.bat file is just saying "boobies boobies boobies" but give it time and I'll move on. And if she were a real gamer she would appreciate that joke, we'd laugh and talk, and she could pick her dress up off my bedroom floor the following morning :p

FunkMiller

Gold Member
When you virtue signal so hard and you end up calling for a genocide

Ending a culture isn’t genocide, because a culture is the customs of people and not the people themselves… but thanks for playing!

Let’s show him what he could have won, Delores!:

t rex boat GIF by ViralHog

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Sigh, I'll keep playing.

This is nebulous phrase. I'd say that if a woman dresses like a club girl then she expects to be TREATED like a club girl, i.e. she is gonna get hit on, flirted with, oogled, judged as a sexual being, be "scored", yadda yadda because her outfit is indicating her intent, and if that is not the case then she needs to change. This narrative that a woman can dress however she wants and its only the men in the wrong when she gets lots of attention is ludicrous to me. There are times and places for that stuff, it's out in bars and clubs. OBVIOUSLY physical harassment or even uncouth verbal harassment are out of line, but to say "meh, she's just a 6" when she is wearing a clingy body sleeve with several boob windows is hardly some form of egregious barbarian behavior. She could have worn jeans and a t-shirt to that event and fit right in with everyone else, but she wanted to stand out and she did so BECAUSE of her dress, it was made for attention and attention is what she got. It's not prudish or repressive to suggest that dressing to emphasize the physical assets (and looks like she spent a pretty penny on them) means she wants discussion, she can hardly give a shocked face that guys are talking about her body. Nothing wrong with it either, and I bet a thread like this is EXACTLY what she hoped would happen as I've thought more about her in the past day than in the previous couple of YEARS at least.

But yes, to be VERY clear, there is no excuse for physical harassment or uncouth behavior directly at her. I doubt anyone here would say anything negative to her face, as people generally refrain from doing that to anyone. But if she walked up to me and gave me an angry "Hey, my eyes are up here", well, what did you expect, lady? I got an operating system running on like 640k ram and right now my autoexec.bat file is just saying "boobies boobies boobies" but give it time and I'll move on. And if she were a real gamer she would appreciate that joke, we'd laugh and talk, and she could pick her dress up off my bedroom floor the following morning :p

I mean, I could continue to argue, but the autoexec.bat line genuinely made me laugh out loud... thus rendering any further disagreement moot.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sigh, I'll keep playing.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If you are raised in a culture where only women going out clubbing, in bars, in strip clubs, etc dress like that then yes, that's how you might perceive ANY woman dressed like that. I'm not saying I feel that way, but certainly lots of cultures put some limits on "proper dress" and don't routinely have women wearing what passes for night club attire on the reg. YMMV but the way you dress does affect how you are perceived.

I hear you, but I think most of us on GAF live in Western democracies, where it's routine and understandable for a woman to wear a like that to an award show. It's not like she wore that to buy groceries lol.

When you virtue signal so hard and you end up calling for a genocide

To be fair......I don't think he wanted the actual people murdered. I think he's saying the "culture" that they have or that part of their culture should be ended.

I love this LOL!!!! On all sides, this was great.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I hear you, but I think most of us on GAF live in Western democracies, where it's routine and understandable for a woman to wear a like that to an award show. It's not like she wore that to buy groceries lol.

To be fair......I don't think he wanted the actual people murdered. I think he's saying the "culture" that they have or that part of their culture should be ended.

I love this LOL!!!! On all sides, this was great.
Another I like, always enjoyed watching Craig.

Met him once on a plane of all places and he was so sloppy drunk and super rude but I know he went through some issue with sub abuse

StereoVsn

I always find the lack of travel to be the problem when people display these strong opinions. It's unfortunate that most travel isn't cheap. It would be an eye opener for many.
Yep, go to most beach towns, to black tie events, to places like Spain or Southern France and so on.

People wear all kinds of clothing by and it’s perfectly normal. The whole fixation on “propriety” in this thread is very weird.

Hudo

Is there an actual gdc thread?
To be fair, there's little happening at GDC these days that would warrant a thread. Best talks (like Tears of the Kingdom one) happen behind closed doors and are far and few inbetween. Most of the talks are politics and ideology stuff. Even the Post Mortem talks either don't happen anymore or are fucking uninteresting because it's just some indie devs talking about stuff.

Alanah's boobs are genuinely one of the most interesting things coming out of this right now. Sad but true.

Last edited:

UnrealEck

What purpose do selfies in your house serve? I can understand taking a selfie on holiday to stamp the memory. But selfies in your house is just 'look at me aint I great' material. It's weird because theres millions and millions and millions of good looking women in the world. #9303994 isn't different.

Superkid93

Neo Member
I love reading and talking games with y'all....but its threads like this that lose me. You guys can't be serious? What massive insecurities cause some of you to react this way?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I looked up Bondi Beach thinking it would be a nude beach, and was left disappointed.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I looked up Bondi Beach thinking it would be a nude beach, and was left disappointed.
I've been to a nude beach before, trust me, ANY non-nude beach (or just topless, the best!) is 1000% better. Just a buncha old saggy farts, it is soooooo awkward to walk up and talk to anyone. Me, and mostly my much younger wife, dropped the average age on that beach by like a decade, she was like the only non-postmenopausal lady there.

Even worse, was doing a snorkel boat trip and one from Hedonism was next to us. Of course full of the typical nudist types (50+, high BMI, etc) and truuuuuuusssttt me, the WORST place to be is behind the boat ladder when one of those guys is climbing back up to the deck :p

bumpkin

I can promise you she does nothing for me and can very easily answer no I would not

Hate to be THAT guy but was a professional athlete for 13 years and women much hotter than her were a nightly option when some of us would go out because so many smoke show women know where athletes like to hang out

Why do you think you see so many athletes with these women, its literally a buffet
Weird flex, but you gotta be more specific than that. What did you play? Just curious.

I’ve hooked up with women objectively hotter than Alanah too, but I’d still hit it if she threw herself at me.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Weird flex, but you gotta be more specific than that. What did you play? Just curious.

I’ve hooked up with women objectively hotter than Alanah too, but I’d still hit it if she threw herself at me.
I was a pitcher, 3 years in the minors called up and stayed in the show in 1990 with the Reds (No wasn't one of the Nasty Boys) and played until 2000

Yeah I am THAT old

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Where do you live because I need to know. For science.
They're wwwaaaayyy better looking girls where I'm from, she is an average with catfishing makeup like most girls these days.
Don't be fooled, you'll get a nasty shock in the morning 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom