• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex Hirsch (Gravity Falls) developing animated series at Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmiT

“Gravity Falls” creator Alex Hirsch is graduating from the world of Disney with a deal to develop an animated series for Fox.

Hirsch has set a deal for a script and presentation pilot for Fox and 20th Century Fox TV. Details of the project are being kept mum.

“I’m cooking up some brand-new weirdness,” Hirsch told Variety.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/alex-hirsch-gravity-falls-animated-series-fox-1201673616/

Maybe we won't have to wait a month (or months) for each new episode this time!

Permanently A

HOLY SHIT

Mabel-Pines-GIF-Gravity-Falls.gif

studyguy

So long as it doesn't jump cut to skits that parody pop culture I'm okay with it.
Also hoping Fox doesn't force em to run it into the ground.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Not incredibly excited for this. Loren Bouchard was one of my favorite animated show creators before Bob's Burgers, but the FOX animation machine sorta ran that series into the ground for me. I would have much rather seen Hirsch go to Adult Swim, where he would be allowed to do smaller, more adventurous seasons.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well, one upside is that Fox would give it a consistent schedule. Unlike Disney and their scheduling department, which is apparently run by manic dogs.

I am concerned that this will be just another "weird sitcom" like other network prime time cartoons, but hopefully something interesting comes out of this.

And I guess Disney really wasn't that great of a place to work at.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
While this is possible, we could end up with another Bob's Burgers and I'm pretty happy to see at least one more animated show pop up in prime time regardless.
Bingo. If we could get way more shows with the heart of Bobs Burgers id be incredibly happy.

PSqueak

Banned
I am concerned that this will be just another "weird sitcom" like other network prime time cartoons, but hopefully something interesting comes out of this.

And I guess Disney really wasn't that great of a place to work at.

Didn't he said Disney was great to him and he planned since day one to end GF at 2 seasons and move on?

Etzer

I didn't expect this at all, but I'm so hyped now!

Well, one upside is that Fox would give it a consistent schedule. Unlike Disney and their scheduling department, which is apparently run by manic dogs.

This was my main takeaway from this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom