• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien isolation first 20 min (pewdewpie warning!)

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
The A.I in this is amazing.

I wish PDP didn't bring out the worst in people. I don't like commentary on game vids either but jfc take it easy. This thread is about Alien, and while you have to watch him, I'm sorry for your dilemma, but just mute it if it's that bad.

The hate this guy receives is mind boggling and it sucks the game discussion has to be derailed every single time he's involved.

jblank83

Pewdiepie existing is the sole cause of famine, war, poverty and disease existing confirmed

Last night I dreamt I felt the black of hand of death closing upon me. All that I had ever known and loved or ever will know and love was shattered like glass, melting into the hoary depths of the never being. My soul was slipping out of my body, sucked into a vast maw, gnawed upon, obliterated, turned into a fine dust to be spat out and scattered on the endless universe.

Then he was there. I saw his face. He laughed, saying, "You think you dream? I am all. I am eternal. And I hunger."

I woke in the night, covered in a rank sweat, the tired sounds of the city just outside my window. Then I remembered and I knew, somewhere out there I knew he was maniacally laughing, and I cried.

Pewdiepie

LowParry

The A.I in this is amazing.

I wish PDP didn't bring out the worst in people. I don't like commentary on game vids either but jfc take it easy. This thread is about Alien, and while you have to watch him, I'm sorry for your dilemma, but just mute it if it's that bad.

The hate this guy receives is mind boggling and it sucks the game discussion has to be derailed every single time he's involved.

I'm sure the guy off camera is a pretty chill guy. Well I would hope so. But he's just some guy who knows how to entertain his target audience and does it really well. He was also an early adapter so that's a pretty big advantage for him.

axb2013

That's where I'm at, too. I really want this game to be something special and have the funds ready for a purchase, but I'm holding out until there are more impressions. Has the Friday embargo been confirmed yet?

I could only speculate about the embargo, your guess is as good as mine.
I get encouraged by talk of advanced AI but I need to watch/read reviews from people who aren't afraid to lash out when a game deserves it, regardless of who the studio/publisher combo is made of.

Upon reflection, I was also sidetracked by PDP in a thread that doesn't address PDP. Sorry I'm only human.

His enthusiasm for the game is very genuine but ugh man he sure does love to talk.

When you have the youtube channel with the most subscriptions on youtube, make hundreds of thousands if not millions from it, and have millions of fans clamoring for you to say the same tired schtick jokes and make silly screams/voices you'd talk a lot as well lol

LoveCake

I am sure that the dev & pub have looked at what happened with Colonial Marines & have made sure that they have not made the same mistakes because of what the backlash will be like & also the license holders will have made it clear that history is not going to repeat itself.

The world has been crying out for a Alien/Aliens game since forever (Blade Runner is the same) the only decent Alien game is Alien Vs Predator on the Jaguar & Alien isolation must be the last chance for the Alien game.

Maybe if this game is a sucess there will be a Aliens sequel perhaps?

I think they have done the right thing by not just having some genric FPS & have gone for more the survival horror style.

Calibus

Concerning PDP: Watched this on his channel last night. This was actually tame for a PDP video. In fact I've noticed that he's mellowed out quite a bit lately. Not all his fans are trolly teenagers. I'm in my mid 30s and like him well enough when I'm in the mood for low brow humor.

Concerning the game itself: Voice acting could be better. Seemed a little flat to me. Graphics were decent but atmosphere was top notch. Really pulls you back into the original movies. Can't wait to see more.

Lettuce

I wonder if Creative Assembly will release regular update improving/changing the Alien's AI, would be cool if its behavior changed every few weeks

DieH@rd

Banned
I wonder if Creative Assembly will release regular update improving/changing the Alien's AI, would be cool if its behavior changed every few weeks

Well, he's already has randomized movement, and he can learn from previous tactic that used has tried on him.

I'm more interested to see how will alien evolve in the sequel, where devs will not be constricted with AI/Animation set that has to be played on old consoles..

Pewdiepie is fucking awesome. Why? Because he gets paid to demo games to millions of viewers, and often they're games that otherwise wouldn't reach his demographic. He's helping medium scale brands reach a broader audience which can positively influence sales that generally go to brands like Call of Duty, and whatever else is cool with kids these days.

If even one person buys Aliens thanks to his coverage, then mission accomplished.

Armaros

Pewdiepie is fucking awesome. Why? Because he gets paid to demo games to millions of viewers, and often they're games that otherwise wouldn't reach his demographic. He's helping medium scale brands reach a broader audience which can positively influence sales that generally go to brands like Call of Duty, and whatever else is cool with kids these days.

If even one person buys Aliens thanks to his coverage, then mission accomplished.

No you see your wrong, he is literally the scum of the internet, and he should just go away and the entirely of gaming will be better for it.

Oh and he needs to get a real job because he doesn't deserve his success /s.

On actual topic, I wonder if the game can last with just the alien mechanic and not feel old.

In amnesia, I went on because I wanted to find out what is going on in the world and the characters, don't know if I could keep going in this.

Lettuce

Well, he's already has randomized movement, and he can learn from previous tactic that used has tried on him.

I'm more interested to see how will alien evolve in the sequel, where devs will not be constricted with AI/Animation set that has to be played on old consoles..

This is it though, or though all reports from people and videos ive watch with my own eyes seem to suggest that its a learning AI....it cant be........it has to have a set of rules and routes it follows surely!!??. Otherwise this relatively small developer has created the most advanced AI ever....by a country mile!

With the talk of some gaming Youtubers wanting a share of the revenue, I wonder how much view->sales power that PDP has on a bigger title like this. His sales effect is well known for obscure games thanks to indie developers releasing steam sales data, could a similar thing be done for a bigger game like this?

From a marketing perspective it makes sense. Gaffer JackSepticeye is living proof. PDP selected him as a winner for one of his shout out videos and he rose in popularity over night. Regardless of folks stance on him,it works.
Oh, no wonder I see so many kids tweet to him and comment on his work! :p

From a marketing perspective it makes sense. Gaffer JackSepticeye is living proof. PDP selected him as a winner for one of his shout out videos and he rose in popularity over night. Regardless of folks stance on him,it works.

Oh no doubt.

PewDiePie™ is such a huge brand at this point...so huge that Sega is paying him to shill their products...that it's an extremely effective method of marketing.

This isn't the first time he's attracted major publishers to his brand.

Kaversmed

The Bitch even taunts and plays with ya........

HatefulZestyDove.gif

Saw this earlier today. That is amazing! CA totally hit the nail on this one, damn.

A lot of the hate he gets I think is just 'hipsterism', a lot of the LP channels people who dislike PewDiePie recommend are usually really boring stuff like Retsuprae/Slowbeef or similar SA type streamers who just ramble and have low quality video and audio.
No it's just that he makes dumb shit for kids and that's pretty annoying to adults.

How in fucks name does that dude have over 30 million subscribers? That cant be right.
Only time i've seen him is from videos linked from this message boards. And i think the guy is amazing.

Can't help but root for the guy because he represents me, he's an average person living the dream. Not discernible talents to speak of, yet he has amassed an enormous amount of influence and with that power to some extent.

That's why the guy is awesome.

Alien Isolation. The game does have very good production values and it nails the movie aesthetic perfectly even if the visuals look average. Just waiting to see how the rest of the game turns out.

Oh, no wonder I see so many kids tweet to him and comment on his work! :p

Yep, then from that popularity, spins working with other big youtubers, markplier, etc. It's really not so much about talent, it's all about luck. If you lucky enough to get one of these big youtubers to either work with you or shout out to you. Your basically in the youtube highroller club. Just how it is. If I ever made it that big (which I won't despite almost 10 years doing it) I'd want to work with tons of folks. Just to help others out. How hard could that be if its your job? I don't know but I'd imagine not THAT hard.

DedValve

Banned
Unfortunately it's all about money, if you have any kind of standards you would never give anyting to PDP.

Alien has no standards confirmed.

Sad that most of this diss discussion revolves around pdp when he does nothing but gives massive exposure to games that could have otherwise gone missed. Plus he makes money for screaming and playing games.

at least he's not dsp.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So is it even possible to kill the alien? Like luring it somewhere and opening the door into space, sucking it out? lol
It would be hilarious if you could find an airlock somewhere in the space station, lure the alien and do that scene and then the game just ends prematurely and the credits roll, lol.

30 seconds then i closed...this guy...

mrw-i-found-out-that-benedict-cumberbatch-was-named-sexiest-man-of--51208.gif

Sometimes I sort of feel bad for him because he will have to indefinitely maintain this onscreen persona for his tween audience. I'd be getting very annoyed by my own voice after a while.

But I guess he can dry his tears with hundred dollar bills so whatever. He's annoying as all hell.

The only thing more annoying than Pewdiepie himself is people constantly complaining about him. The warning is in the thread title.

I mean that was the first video I had ever seen from PewDewPie and by the reactions in this thread I was expecting something horrible and obnoxious

But it really.. wasn't?

Concerning PDP: Watched this on his channel last night. This was actually tame for a PDP video. In fact I've noticed that he's mellowed out quite a bit lately.

The three most accurate posts about PewdiePie's video in this thread.
Seriously he wasn't even that bad wtf are you guys flipping out about?

Holy shit you guys are absolutely despicable. I'm 100% sure the reason you guys hate Pewdiepie is because other people hate Pewdiepie. You just let other's opinions get to you. I watched Pewdiepie when I was playing Amnesia, and he is a fucking hero to me. It took me 8 months to finish Amnesia and I played it in my living room with the lights on. His screaming is absolutely justified, he played it alone with the lights off. And the reason he screams is because he gets scared. Holy shit guys, he's screaming because he gets scared ,lets hate on him. Jesus Christ you guys are like the people who hate anything mainstream. Fucking hipsters. Also just like the other people have been saying, it has a Pewdiepie warning yet you guys still come here and just hate on him.
I'm sure barely any money was involved, just a win win situation for Pewdiepie who loves horror games and Sega getting the advertisement. Also it's funny how it seems like you guys are acting like he is the only one who gets paid for advertising. LMAO, almost all the top YouTubers(1mil+ subscibers) gets paid from companies on YouTube for promoting their products.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Holy shit you guys are absolutely despicable. I'm 100% sure the reason you guys hate Pewdiepie is because other people hate Pewdiepie. You just let other's opinions get to you. I watched Pewdiepie when I was playing Amnesia, and he is a fucking hero to me. It took me 8 months to finish Amnesia and I played it in my living room with the lights on. His screaming is absolutely justified, he played it alone with the lights off. And the reason he screams is because he gets scared. Holy shit guys, he's screaming because he gets scared ,lets hate on him. Jesus Christ you guys are like the people who hate anything mainstream. Fucking hipsters. Also just like the other people have been saying, it has a Pewdiepie warning yet you guys still come here and just hate on him.
I'm sure barely any money was involved, just a win win situation for Pewdiepie who loves horror games and Sega getting the advertisement. Also it's funny how it seems like you guys are acting like he is the only one who gets paid for advertising. LMAO, almost all the top YouTubers(1mil+ subscibers) gets paid from companies on YouTube for promoting their products.

Calm down.

This reads like a YouTube comment from The Bro Army™

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

Well said!

...Or something.

...Or not?

Eh.

Ensirius

This game came out of nowhere for me, I just recently discovered on gaf and it looks amazing. Horror games are slowly making a their way back and it is awesome.

Top Bottom