• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 21 Indie Games Announced by PlayStation Talents (Sony Interactive Entertainment Spain)

Are you excited for these games?

• Total voters

Bo_Hazem

Banned
ABOUT PLAYSTATION®TALENTS

Launched in 2015 by Sony Interactive Entertainment Spain, the PlayStation® Talents program aims to unify all the initiatives put together by the local Spanish branch in order to develop Spanish creativity. The goal of the PlayStation Talents program is to support the local industry as well as to create video games fully developed in Spain to be sold around the globe.

(They are unlisted, so can't search for them on youtube, not yet)

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
indies? ok some of them
tenor.gif

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Aeterna Noctis looks great. The Library of Babel also looks very good.

But Clid the Snail looks like the best game on this list! Beautiful graphics and aesthetics, immersive environment, and super fun-looking gameplay. This has the potential to become the next Hollow Knight.

Very commendable by Sony to not compete with the Indies sector by having their first-party make smaller games. They are instead providing indies with funds and tech support to help them make beautiful games. That's always lovely to see.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This thread is why dumping info on tons of games in one big drop is a bad idea. Lack of focus cheapens everything.

StevieWhite

My company is working with the Tale of Paper Devs on some ports, and I've got to spend some time with the PS4 build. It's a very fun experience and looks pretty good on a PS4 Pro (probably on a base model too, but haven't actually played it).

For real though, the PS Talents program is kind of cool, and supporting these games goes a long way towards helping the Spanish development scene. I'm obviously biased, but I've generally liked what I've seen.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
My company is working with the Tale of Paper Devs on some ports, and I've got to spend some time with the PS4 build. It's a very fun experience and looks pretty good on a PS4 Pro (probably on a base model too, but haven't actually played it).

For real though, the PS Talents program is kind of cool, and supporting these games goes a long way towards helping the Spanish development scene. I'm obviously biased, but I've generally liked what I've seen.
That's so cool! And the game does look very good: a mix of Little Nightmares and Inside.

MastaKiiLA

I like indies, but I don't see a Trine, Echochrome, or Flower in any of these videos. There were indies shown last year that popped more than this. Solar Ash, Little Devil Inside, and Stray were all more eye-catching. This just looks like shovelware in comparison. Not saying they are, but the production levels are drastically lower.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Great post Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem , you need to gold yourself again. 💪

Only one of these I heard of before was Itadaki.

Hey, I say when I gift myself. I still have some love me and gift me from time to time.:lollipop_crying:

This thread is why dumping info on tons of games in one big drop is a bad idea. Lack of focus cheapens everything.

Most of them are pretty small, you should expect each will have a separate thread when close to launch. It's a project as a whole and easy for people to see what's cooking so far.

Hey, I say when I gift myself. I still have some love me and gift me from time to time.:lollipop_crying:

Most of them are pretty small, you should expect each will have a separate thread when close to launch. It's a project as a whole and easy for people to see what's cooking so far.
It was a joke, 💙.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
All of them are for at least 3 months. When signing for PlayStation talents you agree to not release the game on PC until 3 months later than the release on PlayStation and on other consoles 6 months later
Not necessarily. Multiple games on this list are releasing on PC as well as Nintendo. Aeterna Noctis is, in fact, releasing on all available platforms, including Xbox. All the others are just PlayStation exclusives.

onesvenus

Not necessarily. Multiple games on this list are releasing on PC as well as Nintendo. Aeterna Noctis is, in fact, releasing on all available platforms, including Xbox. All the others are just PlayStation exclusives.
Same day and date?
I missread this info where it says that only applies to the ones that won some of the PlayStation talents prizes

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Same day and date?
I missread this info where it says that only applies to the ones that won some of the PlayStation talents prizes
I know that Aeterna Noctis is at least releasing on all platforms on December 15, 2021. I don't recall there is timed exclusivity on many of these other games I checked earlier this morning.

Most of them are just PS exclusives though, because it is Sony who helped them build the games after all.

Last edited:

onesvenus

Most of them are just PS exclusives though, because it is Sony who helped them build the games after all.
It seems you don't know what Playstation talents is.
They don't help you build anything unless you count access to SDK as helping you build it.

They are giving 10000€ to the winner of best game and 200000€ for publicity. There's no other involvement except for that. I know lots of people who have participated on it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It seems you don't know what Playstation talents is.
They don't help you build anything unless you count access to SDK as helping you build it.

They are giving 10000€ to the winner of best game and 200000€ for publicity. There's no other involvement except for that. I know lots of people who have participated on it.

Thank you and Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 for the details! Spain has lots of history and talent, and some of my recent best movies/series. Sure Sony needs to invest there more and add more diverse perspective in gaming.

Hope this effort help some small studios to grow up, although the price seems a bit tiny but publicity and success could lead to much larger rewards.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Fuck sake bo, I was about to be at tab-zero and this was the last one...

I'll prob have to watch these later/tommorrow, some cool stuff though definitely. Clid I saw before and its looking good.

edit - Got time to watch them all, some nice stuff in there, a few games I'm quite interested in. Thanks for taking the time to collect them into a post, Bo.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Fuck sake bo, I was about to be at tab-zero and this was the last one...

I'll prob have to watch these later/tommorrow, some cool stuff though definitely. Clid I saw before and its looking good.

We usually miss small, indie games. So hope this help checking them out and keep tracking them. They're all under one project.

ACESHIGH

Banned
some of these look pretty interesting. Hopefully they are released on PC as well. Why indie devs have such a hard on for emotional platformers with little actual platforming. Its the gaming equivalent of the pseudo intellectual black & white indie movie.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Lots of cool looking games, but in terms of stuff that really caught my eye and looked fun to play it would only be A Tale of Paper and Aeterna Noctis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom