• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of Us Are Dead (Korean zombie virus outbreak NF series)

Atrus

Gold Member
Second half is better than the first and I like that nearly all of the characters that annoyed me, bar one, got killed quickly. It's strange how the show went off to focus on side characters that in the end added very little to the overall arc. I got flashbacks to a manga that has very similar scenarios; running into the woods in rain, possibly even an archer but I can't quite remember which one. High School of the Dead? Sweet Home? Not sure, but overall a very teen manga story with nothing that really stands out.

The main message of the show seems to be that people who are bullied deserve it. You should punish these dangerously flawed individuals because it takes about a day for these losers to go full psycho during a disaster and they are literally worse than zombies.

MachRc

I didnt want to watch this at first, like waht, ANOTHA K-drama on netflix but now with zombies!!!
and then in episode 7 yesterday, I cried(camcorder).

Good watch and Im glad i didnt miss it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The first two episodes of Itaewon Class were good, especially the first one, it made me really excited for an awesome revenge story but the more it went on and the worse it got and by the midpoint I was kinda forcing myself to watch it. Netflix managed to take a revenge story and make it about black victimhood (in Korea :pie_eyeroll:), trans victimhood and sociopath victimhood. But the woke stuff wasn't the worst part for me it was the fact that he chose to be with the sociopath in the end rather than the love of his life who was waiting to be "saved" and whisked away by him the whole show. And no offense to Kim Da-Mi but Kwon Na-Ra is way hotter to boot.

C7PObovV4AA23IN.jpg
Pretty sure Netflix just bought the distribution rights - they didn't make it or 'do' anything to it.

Boss Mog

Pretty sure Netflix just bought the distribution rights - they didn't make it or 'do' anything to it.
No, it was a Netflix funded show. Any show that has the N on it means Netflix is involved in funding/producing it. Most Netflix produced Kdramas still air on regular TV in Korea (on channels like SBS, MBC, tvN, JTBC) if that's what makes you think it wasn't their show. Any Kdrama they promote on their "The Swoon" youtube channel is Netflix produced. If you mean that because it was based off of a webcomic that Netflix didn't "create" it, sure, but maybe Netflix decided to fund it specifically because it had woke values they wanted to promote or maybe the webcomic focused a bit less on the woke stuff and Netflix decided to magnify that part of the story more in the drama. Either way Netflix had a hand in shaping the drama.

Last edited:

poppabk

Boss Mog

No it doesn't. Better Call Saul has an N on it in the UK but Netflix just bought the distribution rights.
Here is a huge list of 'Netflix originals that aren't.
Nothing from that list is Korean though. I'm specifically talking about Korean shows with the N. Shows that air on Netflix at the same time as they air on Korean TV. These shows even if they're not produced by Netflix directly involve fundiing from Netflix, a deal with Netflix, not just for distribution but for same time as Korean TV release and heavily promoted by Netflix.

poppabk

Nothing from that list is Korean though. I'm specifically talking about Korean shows with the N. Shows that air on Netflix at the same time as they air on Korean TV. These shows even if they're not produced by Netflix directly involve fundiing from Netflix, a deal with Netflix, not just for distribution but for same time as Korean TV release and heavily promoted by Netflix.
There is literally a list of like 30 odd Korean shows in that link.

Boss Mog

There is literally a list of like 30 odd Korean shows in that link.
My bad, I didn't scroll down all the way, I just looked at the "Drama" list at the top. But like I said this is different from picking up a show that was already made. Netflix made the deal before the show was released for the rights, they have subtitles ready to go on day 1, that investment from Netflix could easily give them some influence over the content of the show even if it's not made by them. The Netflix audience is far larger than the Korean TV audience after all.

that investment from Netflix could easily give them some influence over the content of the show

It wont. Netflix just carefully picks the shows that have more variety/female lead influence, that is it. There will never be woke shit from Korean stuff unless the politics completely shift there, which I doubt will happen. Now can you guys stop with the offtopic stuff. Make a new thread, this one is about the zombie show.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

I saw the first few minutes of the first episode where some dude just gets straight up merc'd. But I was doing something else and couldn't fully pay attention to a subtitled show so I decided I'll come back later. Looks good and I'm always down for a zombie show.

Hardensoul

The first two episodes of Itaewon Class were good, especially the first one, it made me really excited for an awesome revenge story but the more it went on and the worse it got and by the midpoint I was kinda forcing myself to watch it. Netflix managed to take a revenge story and make it about black victimhood (in Korea :pie_eyeroll:), trans victimhood and sociopath victimhood. But the woke stuff wasn't the worst part for me it was the fact that he chose to be with the sociopath in the end rather than the love of his life who was waiting to be "saved" and whisked away by him the whole show. And no offense to Kim Da-Mi but Kwon Na-Ra is way hotter to boot.

C7PObovV4AA23IN.jpg

That right there was when I stopped, I didn’t know that Kim Da-Mi was the real lead. I loved her in the Witch but Kwon NA-Ra looks more mature female. Kim Da-Mi looks more like a Lolly that plagues more Asian shows.

Edit: see more of Kwon Na-Ra she is playing female lead in Bulgasal on Netflix pretty interesting so far. I’m 6 episodes in.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

It wont. Netflix just carefully picks the shows that have more variety/female lead influence, that is it. There will never be woke shit from Korean stuff unless the politics completely shift there, which I doubt will happen. Now can you guys stop with the offtopic stuff. Make a new thread, this one is about the zombie show.
They definitely produce their own original Korean content now so that's just not true.

That right there was when I stopped, I didn’t know that Kim Da-Mi was the real lead. I loved her in the Witch but Kwon NA-Ra looks more mature female. Kim Da-Mi looks more like a Lolly that plagues more Asian shows.

Edit: see more of Kwon Na-Ra she is playing female lead in Bulgasal on Netflix pretty interesting so far. I’m 6 episodes in.
I've been waiting to see her play the lead in something. Every time I see her, she's a supporting character like in Suspicious Partner or My Mister. Not sure Bulgasal is up my alley, I'm not too into supernatural stuff but I've enjoyed dramas like "While You Were Sleeping" and "Abyss" that had supernatural stuff.

Aggelos

From Squid Game to this, emotions did a 180! 😂

Well, she's an actress (Lee-Yoo Mi).
If it was a gut-wrenching scene to see her die only for Kang Sae-byeok (Jung Ho-Yeon) to live on, now in All of Us Are Dead, probably you wanna see her drop dead, because she's such a despicable cunt.
My heart sunk when died in Squid Game, but now this time around...

Hardensoul

Well, she's an actress (Lee-Yoo Mi).
If it was a gut-wrenching scene to see her die only for Kang Sae-byeok (Jung Ho-Yeon) to live on, now in All of Us Are Dead, probably you wanna see her drop dead, because she's such a despicable cunt.
My heart sunk when died in Squid Game, but now this time around...

I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this series! The show has its faults but not enough to detract from overall show! Season 2 wait will be excruciating!

Aggelos

I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this series! The show has its faults but not enough to detract from overall show! Season 2 wait will be excruciating!

Ya, it seems that season 2 will probably happen due to its success (like Squid Game, although the latter totally crushed it on NF).
Have watched myself halfway through All of Us Are Dead, though.

"All Of Us Are Dead is the first Korean (and non-English language) TV show since Squid Game to take first place on the US Netflix daily Top 10.

The series hit the top spot on day seven of release, compared to Squid Game taking the crown on day four (H/T Deadline). Per Netflix's own Top 10 website, the show has racked up 124,790,000 hours viewed. That's far above the TV show currently in second place on the non-English language TV ranking, season 1 of Café con aroma de mujer, which has 82,750,000 hours viewed, and also above the current number one on the English language TV chart – Ozark season 4 part 1, which clocks in at 96,340,000 hours viewed.

All Of Us Are Dead is a hybrid teen drama and zombie show, focusing on students trapped in a high school that has become overrun with the undead. It's already garnered plenty of buzz online, and the series' success shows no signs of slowing down.

Squid Game became a smash hit for the streamer after its release, and is now Netflix's most viewed TV show of all time, with 1.6 billion hours viewed in its first 28 days streaming. A second season has been confirmed, and it seems there could be even more on the way. "The Squid Game universe has just begun," said Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos in the streamer's Q4 earnings call. Time will tell if All of Us Are Dead can unseat Squid Game, though
. "

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
I’ve watched it and the show lacks focus, to much melodrama… tropes and long dialogue were zombies are there but don’t attack them… all that kill it for me! I’m amazed how people enjoyed it!

The end should had been the one episode earlier before the “end”… instead we get:

Half life girl with super strength who kills zombies as a sequel!

HoodWinked

finished the whole thing in two days, and it was really enjoyable.

been looking for something to watch but since I saw squid game recently I kind of wasn't really up for another k-drama and it seemed like it had to do with zombies so I was extra uninterested. but I got worn down as I kept seeing it show up, so I just watched the first episode and got really into the characters.

bitbydeath

Finished it, was good.
Although…
I don’t understand why they can’t simply lure one into a room and kill them one at a time.
But you could tell it had a decent budget unlike other zombie shows like the Walking Dead, for some reason.
Extra Curricular is still my fav Korean show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom