• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost finished building my 1st pc...need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost finished building my 1st pc. I've run into something I am unsure of though. My case (lian Li PC-65B) comes with 2 USB ports, and I am unsure of where to connect the wires. I've consulted both the case and MB manual, but no help.

Here is my motherboard-

http://images10.newegg.com/producti...-131-499-02.JPG

I am thinking its one of the small blue ports near the bottom PCI slot. From left to right the slots are called USB78, USB65, and COM2.

However, there are MANY cables to connect from the USB ports (Data+1, Data-1, VCC 1, Ground 1, Data +2, Data -2, VCC 2, Ground 2).

Is it necesary for me to connect these cables in order for my pc to work? I already have two USB's in the motherboard themselves. Thanks...

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
wait, your motherboard manual doesn't tell you where to connect the USB wires? WTF kind of cheap motherboard did you buy?

xsarien

daedsiluap
Your computer will work fine without them connected, but, you know, for the sake of completing the project you should find the internal connectors.

Even the cheapest, shadiest motherboards in the world come with a schematic that labels everything. You're looking for an internal USB connector, or something along those lines.

Biff, I thought I had read my manual exactly right and connected the jumpers correctly, but my front USB ports and HD activity light don't work. Doesn't hurt the PC at all, but was too much trouble for me personally to deal with....fuck it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom