• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am i in the wrong if i rejected a girl because...

It's pretty shallow but it would be worse to force yourself to date someone you don't fancy because you don't want to appear shallow (which again, you are, just own it.).

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Is it then also lame if girls don't want men that are shorter than them?

Technically, that's different. Women want to feel protected. That's a basic instinct of women... The bigger the man, the more secure they feel. If he's shorter than them, they don't find that attractive at all because they don't feel protected!

There's women who don't care about height but it seems they're the minority.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
I am going to go contrary to everyone else. It is better for her in the long run, so she can move on to a guy who is really into her. Why waste her time when there is something that obviously is a problem for you? You shouldn't feel bad about it. Of course it always sucks to be rejected, but it happens to everyone.

I am going to go contrary to everyone else. It is better for her in the long run, so she can move on to a guy who is really into her. Why waste her time when there is something that obviously is a problem for you? You shouldn't feel bad about it. Of course it always sucks to be rejected, but it happens to everyone.

This.

If you don't find her attractive, then you don't. Doesn't matter if it's height, weight, voice, eyes, arse etc.

GeorgPrime

Banned
This.

If you don't find her attractive, then you don't. Doesn't matter if it's height, weight, voice, eyes, arse etc.

In the end its all about personal taste when it comes to a one night stand or a relationship.

I like tall girls when they are as big as iam but as soon as they are bigger than me... i dont care. In my case that would be like 190 cm or more.

Last edited:

Doom85

As long as you didn't actually say that was the reason to her. People can feel bad enough about stuff they can do something about (bad hygiene/haircut/excessive obesity) but to feel rejected over something they have zero control over just makes the feeling FAR worse according to quite a few people I've talked who have been told it's a specific physical trait they can't change for why they're being rejected.

That being said, a 1 inch difference is too much, for real? "You do you", and by that phrase I actually mean that might be your only choice for a while if you're going to be that picky about even giving someone a chance. Like damn, at least give a date a shot.

Sign

Attraction can be a fickle thing, but just know Op I got your back on this! I think you made the right call. In fact I feel so deeply about this, I am more than willing to console this women so you don't feel so bad! We are all family after all!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Fucking manlets, when will they learn.

That's super lame OP. If that's a solely reason to reject someone, but I find really hard to believe it.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm 190 cm but i kinda like small women, nothing wrong with personal tastes.

I mean yeah it's little bit nitpicky, but not more wrong than people who choose blonde instead of black hair.

iconmaster

Banned
avZPOmq_700bwp.webp

It shouldn't be an issue until her knees give out.

Just keep from ever mentioning the height difference. It's one inch, she may not have even noticed. TWSS

Last edited:
One of my best flings ever was with a tall redhead with long slender legs.

Dude, same here.

She was a volleyball player for a good college program on the west coast. About 5’11, absolutely banging body and was freaktastic

that was a great summer.

RIP my young manhood

I need a time machine. I peaked too soon

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Think of her long legs around your head and you go downtown. Oh no you didn’t did you, your loss

Last edited:
Fucking manlets, when will they learn.

That's super lame OP. If that's a solely reason to reject someone, but I find really hard to believe it.
First off Insulting someone and then giving them a hard time for 'rejecting somebody' is kind of idiotic, isn't it?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
First off Insulting someone and then giving them a hard time for 'rejecting somebody' is kind of idiotic, isn't it?
It was written as a joke and I don't see how I give him a hard time, maybe I am giving him a benefit of the doubt, that it was not sole reason to reject her...

Gargus

Banned
No different than rejecting a girl because she is too ugly for you, fat, skinny, stinks, is stupid, is fucking mental, etc. You are attracted to what you are attracted to is all it is. There is no point in staying with someone you are not attracted to. Anyone who says looks dont matter is a liar, they always matter to some degree to everyone.

Conversely trying to find a perfect woman physically is impossible and shallow. You should like her for her first and foremost, then if she is physically within your acceptable limits its all good. Like my wife is awesome and I love her even though she is not perfect mentally or physically but any shortcomings she has are perfectly acceptable to me and I can deal with them.

Top Bottom