• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am i in the wrong if i rejected a girl because...

Kev Kev

she's taller than me?

iam 5'10(178cm) and she's 5'11

i can't fuck with that

nah man, youre just not attracted to that. its jsut a personal preference

i am personally attracted to taller women as i see it as a good indication that she will be suitable to bare my super baby that will come marching out of her vagina like a boss mf nine months later.

i'm 5'10" and gonna need a child who will reach at least 6'7" in order to seem an imposing enough figure for a maniacal dictator capable of ruling the world with a merciless iron fist. so i gotta aim taller. just personal preference

you know what i mean?

Thaedolus

You’re attracted to what you’re attracted to, or you’re gonna feel how you’re gonna feel if you’re out together and she’s taller than you. I’d almost be more excited to date a girl taller than me...besides one 5’11” chick all the girls I’ve ever dated were like 5’5” or less. If I met an Amazonian 6’3” girl I might have to ask my wife for a mulligan just to say I bagged a shebeast

xrnzaaas

This reminds me when I had a part time job many years ago. A co-worker of mine was only 173cm tall and he dated a girl who was over 180cm. I have no idea how that worked and how she didn't reject him when they first met (yep most girls despise short men), but they were happy.

DESTROYA

It’s a pretty shallow reason if that’s the only reason and says more about you than you think.
If your just not attracted to her thats fine but 1 inch isn’t that much taller and most people probably wouldn’t even notice.
Your loss, personally I would care less, she can’t do anything about how tall she is and just might a great woman besides being tall.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
A girl that is taller than you wanted to date you.
Clearly showed no bias for your manlet self.
Yet you were bothered by something she can't change.
Yes and no. Yes because of what I said above and no because it seems like you weren't attracted to her. If you WERE attracted to her height wouldn't matter. How flat was she OP?

zeorhymer

Not really. You have preferences. Nothing wrong with that. If you can't get intimate with someone taller, then you'll be intimate ever.

Blade2.0

she's taller than me?

i can't fuck with that
Yes, this is stupid. While you are allowed to reject someone for any reason or no reason at all. This is just dumb, to me. Do you get to control your height? So why the hell are you basing relationships on things uncontrollable by that person?

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
This all seems like the plot of a Seinfield episode. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Really though, as I've said before regarding transgender women (even as a trans woman myself), as well as any other characteristic that may prevent others from being attractive to you: A person can like what they like, and that should be fine... so long as there is nothing illegal going on.

The fact is, no one has the right to demand attraction from others.

paparazzo

If you were attracted to her, then yes. But if it’s a hang up you’ve tried to get past but can’t, well, you like what you like I guess. Personally I find it makes a girl all the more attractive if she’s taller than me.

manfestival

Live your life. There are so many women out there. Don't let anyone here guilt you into thinking you are anything but a normal person for this.

redfirm

Banned
sad reason. you judged her based on something she has no control of, exactly as sad as women judging a man who is shorter. your fear of how the two of you would be perceived played a bigger role than things that should truly matter

Last edited:

Cravis

You’re in the wrong but not in the wrong OP.

At least you set her free to be scooped up by a man who likes his women’s legs that go all the way up and will appreciate it. 😉

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
she's taller than me?

i can't fuck with that

lol what a lame reason to reject someone. Tall girls are awesome.

Sex with short girls sometimes turns into a cervix bruising affair, which can be painful, but I haven't had that problem yet with tall girls 👍

haxan7

Banned
I woulda had sex with her a few times first to see.

Sometimes taller women are super light and thin so it kinda makes up for being close in height to them. Just depends on her body type.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
ca16873d54f0eaf3b6bb21d4f5b51e13.jpg

What do you have to lose, besides neck comfort?

lachesis

If you are not attracted, then not attracted. I don't see any reason why not. If you are attracted to the person despite the height - great, but if not ... why force yourself?

Bigrx1

Banned
I don't know, it's easy for me to say that's lame but I have some shallow expectations too so who am I to judge.

HoodWinked

the problem is usually because the woman rejects the shorter person as a progenitor of her offspring, if she still wanted to stick around despite your low stature that should have been a win for you.

but ya the woman being taller is exceedingly rare. even if its almost imperceptible look at how it goes from -5cm to +5cm. it doesn't even follow the bell curve it just craters.

chalabi-datalab-heightofromance.png

Super Mario

Banned
I fully understand the whole biological factor of men preferring smaller women and women preferring larger men.

With that said, it's a preference. I couldn't imagine finding someone I really clicked with, and found attractive, yet being an inch taller, and I no longer found them attractive.

Like seriously, take your dream girl and put her an inch taller than you. Pretty stupid to turn her down. There has to be more.

In this topic, manlets try to comfort each other for their macro fetishes.

Joking, joking, but I dont have a problem with this. I'm 6'1" and have a short girl fetish, like <5'3". Taller than 5'10" or so is a turn-off.

It's your time and your dick. Who am I to judge?

Belmonte

I would not mind but I'm not surprised by dudes being uncomfortable with being smaller than their partners since, judging by the internet, height seems a very serious business in the first world.

Where I live, woman usually likes men taller than then but fitness, good looks and a job are way more important.

GMAK2442

I say you have right to do so.

I will also make note that I try to not be too much selective and not reject minor default.

H4ze

I thinks it's fine OP, I prefer smaller woman too, but on the other hand I am 1,94 mtr. (6,3 ft.) tall so... it's hard for them
to be actually taller xD

Top Bottom