• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage girl suffers skull fracture, is in critical condition as a result of after-school fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-says-shes-suffered-severe-brain-damage.html

Extremely sad story. It's currently not known what instigated the encounter, but last Friday in Missouri, the victim, Kaylee, and another girl got into a scuffle, during which she was thrown to the ground and had her head smashed into the concrete three times, all while a group of other students were watching and filming. She began having a seizure and was taken to the hospital. Her family is saying she suffered severe brain damage.

Her condition is critical - skull fractured, brain swollen and bleeding, frontal lobe damaged. Even if she manages to survive, her recovery will be incredibly arduous and costly. I pray to God she pulls through. If you're willing and able, consider donating to the GoFundMe set up to support her and her family: https://www.gofundme.com/f/kaylee-on-her-road-to-recovery

I won't post the video because frankly it's disturbing to watch. The unnamed girl who hospitalized Kaylee was taken into custody as a juvenile, but the Missouri Attorney General is pushing to have her tried as an adult and escalating the charge to homicide if Kaylee passes away.
shocking-footage-shows-head-repeatedly-78195707.jpg

FUBARx89

I saw the video on reddit, really fucked up how kids think it's alright to smash someones skull off a pavement. All it takes is one punch and someone falling on concrete and hitting their head to destroy someones life and people know this.

So fuck knows why she thought it was acceptable.

Last edited:

Quasicat

This has been happening so much after we got back after the COVID remote learning. The parents and administration are on the side of the kids most times. In the past year alone, I know of several instances where kids have taken swings at not only each other, but the teachers too.

It’s like people lost control a couple of years ago.

Stitch

Gold Member
HazelwoodSD demanded school resource officers take a DEI training. The police sent a scorching letter refusing to participate in the DEI garbage. Hazelwood School District responded by PULLING ALL School Resource Officers! Hazelwood SD DOESN’T HAVE SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS. Parents warned that removing SRO’s is a bad idea. A parent also said there are fights almost daily!

Last edited:
I saw the video on reddit, really fucked up how kids think it's alright to smash someones skull off a pavement. All it takes is one punch and someone falling on concrete and hitting their head to destroy someones life and people know this.

So fuck knows why she thought it was acceptable.

At that age they don't. Remember that one kid that power slammed another a few years back or so? They don't fully understand the fragility of the human body.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
No acceptable reason to do this to anyone but I’m curious what caused her to go ballistic on this girl.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Ugh, the narrative on this is already written. Hope the victim recovers because no one deserves this.
Whoops doesnt fit the narrative the media likes to spread... imagine if it was the other way around
wtf are you two even talking about? What narrative are we supposed to be following here? Kids fight in and around schools every day. This dumb bitch went way over the line in smashing this girl’s head into the pavement over and over again. It’s awful, and she’s going to be locked up for a long time. That’s the narrative. What doesn’t fit?

Horatius

wtf are you two even talking about? What narrative are we supposed to be following here? Kids fight in and around schools every day. This dumb bitch went way over the line in smashing this girl’s head into the pavement over and over again. It’s awful, and she’s going to be locked up for a long time. That’s the narrative. What doesn’t fit?
jason is probably lamenting the racial angle the reality of modern politics is going to make/has already made people take with cases like this, while joduan is among a group of people who have noticed an obvious pattern where the american media goes out of it's way to promote news stories where a black person is either actually or allegedly victimised by a white person, but comparatively go completely radio silent where the reverse is true, even in individual circumstances where the crime committed is much more serious in the latter than the former.

hope this helped!

Thaedolus

Gold Member
jason is probably lamenting the racial angle the reality of modern politics is going to make/has already made people take with cases like this, while joduan is among a group of people who have noticed an obvious pattern where the american media goes out of it's way to promote news stories where a black person is either actually or allegedly victimised by a white person, but comparatively go completely radio silent where the reverse is true, even in individual circumstances where the crime committed is much more serious in the latter than the former.

hope this helped!
Ah, got it. Despite the fact the report on the Uvalde shooting just came out and barely made a blip on anyone’s radar, despite it being about someone turning 19 children’s heads into pulp with an AR-15, we’re going to pretend this act of obscene violence is being suppressed because the perpetrator is black? Even though it’s been reported on?

Embarrassing.

hope this helped!

Fuck that’s not what I mean. It’s a figure of speech. “Going ballistic.” “Going mental.” “Going ape shit.”

She went crazy over the top. I’ll edit it.
You don't have to edit yourself, they're just having fun with your choice of words, nobody thinks you meant it to be nasty. That is what you call it when someone bashes someone's head on the floor, and it is brutal animalistic behavior, because we are animals.

Fuck me.

I grew up in a UK shithole area, and even there girls didn’t really fight. And as boys we’d fucken punch the shit out of each other, but once there was blood or someone had enough - it fucken ended at that moment.

From personal experience sometimes after a fight we would even shake hands, victor or not. A bit of humbling can be a positive to learn from.

Mistake

You can clearly hear the girl's head bang against the concrete twice, and after she's left twitching. I wouldn't recommend watching if you're faint of heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom