• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD: Both XSX and PS5 RDNA2 based and have Hardware RT

13 TERAFLOPS COMING SO SO SOON
K3gkMDb.png

Psykodad

Banned
Who? Seriously. There have been predictions based on leaks going both ways but who seriously would not like the ps5 to have rt hw to guarantee the feature is used by 3rd parties on both Systems.
Sounds like trying to fan the flames...
You're saying nothing new. That's the most logical take on all the rumors going around.

Nobody even needs to fan the flames, they're already burning.

Still. This is far from a confirmation. And they don’t confirm it for XBOX because the series X confirmation from Microsoft after the briefing of the article.
I would still wait for confirmation from SONY, because jumping into conclusion.

Its Far from a confirmation that ps5 doesnt have It either.

I guess ps5 has some of the main rdna2 fratures at the Very least.

The funny thing in ALL this discussion is that theres clearly a group of mad fanboys that want ps5 to be so weak in comparison to series X so much so that they even came as Far as denying rt gpu tech in ps5 despite ALL the official statementes coming from Sony and now AMD.

Ps5 not havind rdna2.0 is the left hope it seems ? Lmao

Hard to not laugh. Sorry

Shin

Banned
Well, it's about one month old, but good find.
2 months old and a person cannot have said something if they weren't present at :)
With some digging you'll come back to 3 Indian site like TechRadar/DailyMail etc etc, with the exact same quote.
I never knew AMD has special conference calls or press briefings only for the Indian market :messenger_expressionless:

Here are the transcripts for AMD conference calls in January: https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/AMD/earnings/transcripts
He must have beamed his thoughts in his sleep to those exact same websites since no other site can be found with such claims.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures, but when you're posting shit because your denial got the best of you then you deserved to be banned IMO.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Lol its direct quote from product management lead of amd .
And I am telling you all the published articles talking about that quote link to TechQuila as the source. It's not mentioned ever by anybody else that attended the briefing. And it's coming from someone that writes stuff like "with twice the raw power of Xbox One X, the Series X will be more like a PC than ever before". And "Microsoft claims to use proprietary VRS". He's a fanboy.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
I absolutely love where this is going already lol. Y'all spend more time on here crying over the console ypu hate more than playing games on your console of choice.

Mods might as well close this flame war

HolyTruth

Banned
And I am telling you all the published articles talking about that quote link to TechQuila as the source. It's not mentioned ever by anybody else that attended the briefing.

Yup. Wonder who is in denial now. Lol

but we will see. Hopefully SONY will start saying something. Seriously. It’s MARCH already and there have been ZERO info since October. WTF?

Mass Shift

There is no source. There are other publications that talk about that meeting, but none of them says anything regarding raytracing, which should've been a big deal at the time. Instead, they all focus on Mithun Chandrashekhar talking about 4K cards from AMD. So what you are reading at techquila.co.in is probably fan fiction.

I'll agree the quote isn't as specific as "PS5 has RDNA2 hardware based Ray Tracing" , but Chandrashekhar clearly stated that both support hardware RT. And if we're to assume that AMD's RT solution is an RDNA2 based then it's safe to assume PS5 is using the appropriate architecture.

Am I saying that PS5 couldn't be RDNA1 and be RDNA2 feature embedded at the same time? No. But it just makes logical sense that PS5 is RDNA2.

darkinstinct

Yup. Wonder who is in denial now. Lol

but we will see. Hopefully SONY will start saying something. Seriously. It’s MARCH already and there have been ZERO info since October. WTF?

It gets even worse. The author of the article posted this incredible piece based on the work of HipHopGamer and FoxyGamerUK. You can't make this shit up.

"While there is no proof, it does seem likely"

Last edited:

darkinstinct

I'll agree the quote isn't as specific as "PS5 has RDNA2 hardware based Ray Tracing" , but Chandrashekhar clearly stated that both support hardware RT. And if we're to assume that AMD's RT solution is an RDNA2 based then it's safe to assume PS5 is using the appropriate architecture.

Am I saying that PS5 couldn't be RDNA1 and be RDNA2 feature embedded at the same time? No. But it just makes logical sense that PS5 is RDNA2.

That quote is made up. It doesn't exist anywhere on the internet except in articles based on the TechQuila article. And someone who sources HipHopGamer for news probably didn't get an invitation to a super secret AMD meeting that only he attended.

HolyTruth

Banned
It gets even worse. The author of the article posted this incredible piece based on the work of HipHopGamer and FoxyGamerUK. You can't make this shit up.

"While there is no proof, it does seem likely"

100% credible source. Fantastic. Damn, some people are so pathetic and are really reaching For the last straw. Smh.

Lol my bad.

There will certainly be a couple of gaffers who will be salty about it.
No doubt over prediction contests but I doubt any sane person that opinion should be considered would want a gimped ps5. It would be bad for xbox as well. Devs dont necessarily go out of their way to use power differences effectively.

AMD as a company…strongly believes in the value and capability of raytracing. RDNA 2, the next-gen, will support raytracing. Both the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation will support hardware raytracing with Radeon natively. We will be sure to have the content that gamers can actually use to run on those GPUs

We believe in our raytracing, and we will have it when the time is right.

From what I understsand from that quote, It seems that the AMD Guy uses RDNA 2.0 as the Very definition of what their nextgen gpus are when he says "RDNA2.0, the nextgen, (....)"

Then he says that the nextgen (their rdna2.0 gpus) Will support Ray tracing, and both consoles Will have It natively (in their gpu).

HolyTruth

Banned
AMD now release fake news lol

is there any proof that AMD said that? Just a random Indian website is not proof that AMD said that.
An author, which works is even based on a twitter user called HipHopGamer. So credible

Last edited:
from the wired article, isn't this a feature only available on RDNA 2.0.

According to Cerny, the applications go beyond graphic implications. “If you wanted to run tests to see if the player can hear certain audio sources or if the enemies can hear the players’ footsteps, ray tracing is useful for that,” he says. “It's all the same thing as taking a ray through the environment.”

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Nice that they both use the latest tech, really looks like they are both really strong and close to each other wich is nice for us the gamers.

Last edited:
is there any proof that AMD said that? Just a random Indian website is not proof that AMD said that.
An author, which works is even based on a twitter user called HipHopGamer. So credible

Fair enough.

Some websites take the VXF Guy seriously as well wich is absolutely Dumb as hell lmao

What is logical to believe tho is that AMD wouldnt have any interest on making any discrimination between the big two Sony and MS. Not realeasing same based gpu architecture is too Far fetched. AMD is not a fanboy TimDog type, they want to make money out of each unit sold from both companies, no logical reason for favoring one over the other

The TF is another story tho. That depends on How hard both are willing to push Power relatively to their target retail prices

Last edited:

HolyTruth

Banned
From the same author that brought you this:

While there’s still no proof regarding the rumor, it does seem likely. Sony has made its partnership with Kojima Productions clear, with the release and reception of Death Stranding. Another interesting link between Kojima and Sony is the use of the Decima Engine, which was created by Guerrilla Games for Horizon Zero Dawn (which, you guessed it, is a PS4 exclusive).

Regardless, the announcement should be made soon enough as the PS5 reveal event approaches. Current speculation indicates that the event will take place in early February, so we might not have to wait that long to find out. Until then though, Kojima Productions remains an independent developer.
And his source for this is an incredible tweet from the one and only H hiphopgamer https://mobile.twitter.com/HipHopGamer

yes. This is 100% credible. We should believe everything he says and NOT take it with a grain of salt. We should accept it as a TRUTHFACT.
/s

Fair enough.

Some websites take the VXF Guy seriously as well wich is absolutely Dumb as hell lmao

What is logical to believe tho is that AMD wouldnt have any interest on making any discrimination between the big two Sony and MS. Not realeasing same based gpu architecture is too Far fetched. AMD is not a fanboy TimDog type, they want to make money out of each unit sold from both companies, no logical reason for favoring one over the other

The TF is another story tho. That depends on How hard both are willing to push Power relatively to their target retail prices
Well this isn't entirely accurate, it all depends on how valuable their business is and how much money they're giving them.

Not all business is equal and I'd wager Microsoft is a much more valuable partner for AMD than Sony is.

Batiman

Banned

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Well this isn't entirely accurate, it all depends on how valuable their business is and how much money they're giving them.

Not all business is equal and I'd wager Microsoft is a much more valuable partner for AMD than Sony is.

Considering the amount of chips they sold through PS4 and PS4 Pro and PS5 likely not being a dumpster fire of a console launch (which they still managed to push 80-ish million units) they are likely ordering lots of chips again... so yeah they are both great semi custom partners, unless you play the old Windows card as a get out of jail free one.

HolyTruth

Banned
Fair enough.

yes. Could be. But still, we should wait for a confirmation from SONY and NOT take a random Indian article as a TRUTHFACT.
i mean come on. This is gaf.
Not reddit. Not 4chan or whatever. Let’s not start doing this

Considering the amount of chips they sold through PS4 and PS4 Pro and PS5 likely not being a dumpster fire of a console launch (which they still managed to push 80-ish million units) they are likely ordering lots of chips again... so yeah they are both great semi custom partners, unless you play the old Windows card as a get out of jail free one.
Microsoft's business with AMD goes far beyond consoles, it goes into Windows, Cloud, Enterprise and so on and so forth, Sony's business with them is PlayStation.

Very apples to oranges business ventures.

sendit

Honestly any number over 10 would make me happy, with RDNA 2.0. I'm also hoping all ps4 games can 60fps with better graphics.

People need stop this dream of 60 FPS nonsense. It is not happening on consoles. Sony or Microsoft will not mandate developers to release games with a minimum of 60 FPS requirement. If you want 60 FPS+ for games, get a PC.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Microsoft's business with AMD goes far beyond consoles, it goes into Windows, Cloud, Enterprise and so on and so forth, Sony's business with them is PlayStation.

Very apples to oranges business ventures.

Back to the whole “might of MS group” vs poor nearly bankrupt SIE card again I see...

Sounds plausible, visibly screw over one of your great semi custom partners for nebulous gains in a sector where you were making headway’s because MS prizes Xbox winning so much to add trouble where is not needed and AMD just needs to drive a PS5 Pro or PS6 design win and all the money and co-R&D that it entails towards nVIDIA or even perhaps Intel, yep... likely...

People need stop this dream of 60 FPS nonsense. It is not happening on consoles. Sony or Microsoft will not mandate developers to release games with a minimum of 60 FPS requirement. If you want 60 FPS+ for games, get a PC.

I'm talking about current gen games. besides i do expect most games to run 60fps, most games will be cross gen for probably 3 years, and many AA games offer a performance option its just the CPU on current consoles are crap.

Back to the whole “might of MS group” vs poor nearly bankrupt SIE card again I see...

Sounds plausible, visibly screw over one of your great semi custom partners for nebulous gains in a sector where you were making headway’s because MS prizes Xbox winning so much to add trouble where is not needed and AMD just needs to drive a PS5 Pro or PS6 design win and all the money and co-R&D that it entails towards nVIDIA or even perhaps Intel, yep... likely...
There's no card being played here, there's the fact that one is a substantially larger business partner than the other, and one is an order of magnitude larger business itself with far more to spend, where's the fire?

Disregard business facts to your hearts content, that has no bearing on reality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom