• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Psycho REMAKE

Eiknarf

clarky

Gold Member
It's a South Park reference

qE5v1GK.png

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
FFS. I'm fucking tired of Hollywood studios remaking classics instead of original ideas.

This doesn't need a remake. American Psycho, the novel by Bret Easton Ellis, is hard to adapt anyway as it's first-person narrative, but the 2000 adaption did a fantastic job and Bale was sensational.

There are tens of thousands of other novels waiting to be adapted. We don't need the same novels being adapted or films being remade over and over again.

Fake

Oh yeah, sure generation z will love this

-_-

Why can those piece of arts leave alone in the past?

clarky

Gold Member
I don't think would be worse than that.

There is no controversial or 'for sensitive' scenes in that movie. Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies, but can be very easy remade.

I await the superior Back to the future remake with trepidation.

Can you get any more controversial than your mum trying to shag you for 80% of the film?

Last edited:

Fake

Can you get any more controversial than your mum trying to shag you for 80% of the film?

I never said would be superior. And I don't even think a remake would ever beat Back to the Future.

We already tried with Robocop and Total Recall.

American Phsyco have much women getting killed, so I quite sure modern audience would tolerate that.

clarky

Gold Member
I never said would be superior. And I don't even think a remake would ever beat Back to the Future.

We already tried with Robocop and Total Recall.

American Phsyco have much women getting killed, so I quite sure modern audience would tolerate that.
If you don't think your remaking something that's better than the original then there is no point in even trying.

Decent remakes? The Thing, Scarface, Evil Dead. Theres a few more, but not many.

I've still got PTSD from the Robocop and female Ghostbusters remakes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Using a nail gun to nail a xxxxx to the floor before using xxxx to burn up her xxxxx so you can stick a xxxx up there and then put a xxxxxxxx xxx in the xxxx.

clarky

Gold Member
Using a nail gun to nail a xxxxx to the floor before using xxxx to burn up her xxxxx so you can stick a xxxx up there and then put a xxxxxxxx xxx in the xxxx.
Thinking about it though i'd rather do that than have my mum XXXXX up my XXXXXX. Its close though.

FunkMiller

Not sure if serious?

Deadly serious. Alvarez consistently said it was part sequel, part remake.

So if you consider that to be a full blown, fresh continuity remake, then you also have to say that Evil Dead 2 is as well. It remakes part of the original film, and also acts as a sequel. Same as the Alvarez movie. Everybody considers Evil Dead 2 a sequel, so the same rules have to apply to the Alvarez film… because he said so.

EDIT: and I forgot… the three Necronomicons from Rise are canon to Army Of Darkness. Rise is also canon to Alvarez’s film. Therefore, all same continuity.

Thank you for coming to my Ted (Raimi) Talk.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Deadly serious. Alvarez consistently said it was part sequel, part remake.

So if you consider that to be a full blown, fresh continuity remake, then you also have to say that Evil Dead 2 is as well. It remakes part of the original film, and also acts as a sequel. Same as the Alvarez movie. Everybody considers Evil Dead 2 a sequel, so the same rules have to apply to the Alvarez film… because he said so.

Thank you for coming to my Ted (Raimi) Talk.
Nah. Its the same plot updated for the then modern audience. It's about as much of a remake as you can get. Shit doesnt have to be scene for scene ala Psycho.

How DARE YOU forget the Classic!

how dare you GIF
I remember my dad bringing home the VHS when i was around 7 years old. Fucking still have nightmares to this day. Responsible parenting right there.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can't wait for the new African American lead, Jackson Bateman

Whatever they think they can do with this, I would simply advise to not touch this. All they'd be doing is going through a check list of revered moments while trying to artificially create other viral moments to achieve 1/100th the game the original has accrued.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Can't wait for the new African American lead, Jackson Bateman

Whatever they think they can do with this, I would simply advise to not touch this. All they'd be doing is going through a check like of revered moments while trying to artificially create other viral moments to achieve 1/100th the game the original has accrued.
I dunno you know, if you flip it on its head and make it about a totally stable trans person who is victimized into raping and killing those who persecute them, and obviously it wouldn't be their fault. It could work.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I don't think would be worse than that.

There is no controversial or 'for sensitive' scenes in that movie. Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies, but can be very easy remade.
But does it stay an 80's to the 50's, or is it 2020's to the 90's? There is a lot to decide in that forked path alone.

Eiknarf

I dunno you know, if you flip it on its head and make it about a totally stable trans person who is victimized into raping and killing those who persecute them, and obviously it wouldn't be their fault. It could work.
In the original movie there was a big emphasis on “fitting in” and “banging” and “eating at fine restaurants”.. So a modern version of that could be using dating apps, yelp reviews of restaurants and social media…etc It’ll be dumb

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The Mary Haron film is by no means a perfect adaptation, but it's also kind of miraculous considering how challenging the source material is. They shouldn't press their luck by trying again.

Top Bottom