• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Psycho REMAKE

Eiknarf

The adaptation of THE SHARDS (Brett Easton Ellis‘s other novel) hasn’t even been released yet! How about we work on something new before remaking an existing one

nkarafo

They practically did already

American_Psycho_2.jpg

The female protag needs to be black now. And what she does needs to be not her fault but some white guy made her do it. And in the end she puts him in his place and she can live in peace with her girlfriend.

Get with the times boomer.

Papa_Wisdom

They're gonna butcher my favorite movie 😔

They already tried that, look up American Psycho 2. It stars Mila Kunis
Her and Ashton are knobs about the whole Danny masterson thing but my god if she isn’t an absolute stunner. I’d crawl naked over broken glass just to smell her errr hair.
Mila Kunis No GIF
mila kunis smile GIF
i dont believe you mila kunis GIF
mila kunis GIF

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

The female protag needs to be black now. And what she does needs to be not her fault but some white guy made her do it. And in the end she puts him in his place and she can live in peace with her girlfriend.

Whilst telling people to accept her chosen pronoun and how the patriarchy is worse than a nuclear war.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Didn’t they do a sequel that bombed?
With a female in the lead?

Also I bet someone has to say something like “you know you really are an America Psycho”

The original is a perfect movie.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The original was so good that it arguably made reading the novel moot. Just a colossal waste of time, this.

Sorcerer

I wonder what will replace the Huey Lewis and Phil Collins references? That will probably be enough to kill it for me right there.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

You know that the original movie was a critique of toxic masculinity written by a gay man, and adapted to a film by a famously feminist director and screenwriter, right?

Like you're whinging that they're going to try to "make it woke" but it always was.

Toots

Gold Member
You know that the original movie was a critique of toxic masculinity written by a gay man, and adapted to a film by a famously feminist director and screenwriter, right?

Like you're whinging that they're going to try to "make it woke" but it always was.
You are wrong thinking really criticizing toxic masculinity and being truly feminist has anything to do with being woke.
That is just what some people want you to believe, for their own financial gain.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Given recent remake trends (Mean Girls, The Color Purple, etc), I would probably be most worried that they'll base it on the Broadway musical, which is a real thing that did exist.

Neon Xenon

With how popular American Psycho has become over time and how respected the movie is, probably going way beyond what anyone involved with the movie expected at the time, just the announcement of remaking the film is rooted in cynicism. I can picture some boardroom suit saying something like, "Look at all of the American Psycho memes on social media! We need to take advantage of this and remake it!"

(Unless this turns out to be an film adaptation of the musical, which would be more interesting, but the term "remake" was used.)

Whatever happens with this remake, I don't see any part of it ever living up to what the original movie was and has become over time. I can't see any reason for this to exist other than to take advantage of the name recognition. Even if this actually turns out to be halfway decent or even  good, it's going to be living in the shadow of the original from Day Zero.

They practically did already

American_Psycho_2.jpg
Funny thing about American Psycho 2...This isn't actually an American Psycho movie. While in production, the script got changed around, a decision made solely to take advantage of the American Psycho name (sounds familiar...).

Back when it hit some cable movie network, I watched this. I couldn't tell you a single thing that happens in the film. I just remember Mila Kunis starring with William Shatner, and a college. And it says a lot that both Mila Kunis and Bret Easton Ellis (author of the book) have openly disparaged this movie.

Top Bottom