• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Among Us now available on the Switch

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Probably an obvious question but... does this require the online subscription?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Excellent a game that involves deep communication with everyone on a platform that has no GOOD native FIRST PARTY voice solution!

EXCELLENT!
2m2qc9.jpg

MiguelItUp

I saw people freaking out about this, and I'm excited for them. But then I immediately remembered that it's available on mobile on both iOS and Android. Which also has crossplay. Which means everyone can have it right now.

But, I guess it's just people having it on their preferred platform which happens to be the Switch. 🤷‍♂️

Codes 208

I saw people freaking out about this, and I'm excited for them. But then I immediately remembered that it's available on mobile on both iOS and Android. Which also has crossplay. Which means everyone can have it right now.

But, I guess it's just people having it on their preferred platform which happens to be the Switch. 🤷‍♂️
The mobile version is a typical f2p with frequent in-game ads so personally I would gladly take this over them despite the $5 pricetag and online requirement

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

The mobile version is a typical f2p with frequent in-game ads so personally I would gladly take this over them despite the $5 pricetag and online requirement
But you can pay for the mobile version, yeah? I honestly didn't know and had always assumed as that's like the basic mobile game practice to remove ads, etc.

MiguelItUp

I can’t speak for google store but it’s only the free version on ios
Oh man, that's strange to me. I mean, I appreciate them going the free route, but charging a few bucks to remove ads feels like a crazy no brainer. Haha, whatever, they're doing more than fine. Coolest thing to see is all the success their small team is getting.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Excellent a game that involves deep communication with everyone on a platform that has no GOOD native FIRST PARTY voice solution!

EXCELLENT!
People uses discord all the time anyway... Some just use the ingame chat, idk how, that shit has no sense without mic

DonJorginho

Banned
And yet, Among Us reached heights all three combined failed to reach. Hmmm, wonder why?
Heights with people who can't play games that require your concentration and the mobile market who love masterpieces such as Clash of Clans, Hay Day and Fortnite, hmm yes what an achievement.

Among Us is your typical case of YouTube/Twitch influencers making people want to play a game out of FOMO, it makes people think terrible games are good and niche, happened to Fall Guys, Goat Simulator, I Am Bread, Slender etc.

Fortnite has it's child army to thank for it surviving, Among Us will likely die soon. It's pretty clear you have the worst taste of games on this forum, unless you're a troll, which I hope you are as at least that excuses your awful opinions.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Heights with people who can't play games that require your concentration and the mobile market who love masterpieces such as Clash of Clans, Hay Day and Fortnite, hmm yes what an achievement.

Among Us is your typical case of YouTube/Twitch influencers making people want to play a game out of FOMO, it makes people think terrible games are good and niche, happened to Fall Guys, Goat Simulator, I Am Bread, Slender etc.

Fortnite has it's child army to thank for it surviving, Among Us will likely die soon. It's pretty clear you have the worst taste of games on this forum, unless you're a troll, which I hope you are as at least that excuses your awful opinions.

Among Us advances the medium. The other three are rote empty calories with nice packaging.

Batiman

Banned
It’s free on mobile right? Never tried it. Gonna try with my wife and son later on and see what it’s all about. My son played it but he’s not really into it like everyone else.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
It would be nice if we got a version for switch!

fuck they did it already so used to begging for switch ports in threads :messenger_poop:

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Among Fad.

This game is a little too trendy/mainstream for me, and I play tons of Fortnite!

Games like Fortnite and Among Us grow based strictly on the strengths of their mechanics. Having no marketing budget and blowing up means they schooled the industry.

carlosrox

Banned
Fortnite has it's child army to thank for it surviving,

Fortnite is legitimately great, I'm surprised so many people shit on it. It's nothing like Among Us or the other games you mentioned. Not even the same league. Fortnite straight up deserves its success. I can't hate on it.

The rest I'll give you.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
HEY GUYS YOU ALL HEARD ABOUT THIS COOL GAME ABOUT SOME GOOSE ?
HONK HONK HAHAHAHAH

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Are you serious on the switch but no other consoles?

Nintendo Switch has touch screen for typing, indie-friendly and its users doesn’t crucify games for not having ray tracing, ultra realistic graphics, 4K120fps and HDR support.

so priority goes to Switch

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Fortnite is one thing but this is one trendy game I have little to no interest in ever trying.

Idea seems boring, not a fan of the art style, looks repetitive, etc.

tkscz

EXCELLENT!

The game itself has no native voice chat and most people just use discord. Hell, it actually supports the Nintendo phone app for voice chat and that's more than mobile users have.

Codes 208

The game itself has no native voice chat and most people just use discord. Hell, it actually supports the Nintendo phone app for voice chat and that's more than mobile users have.
Mobile users can still use discord on their phone while playing. I’ve don’t that once or twice.

jaysius

Banned
If you notice my comment covered your weak counter. There is NO GOOD NATIVE(MEANING ON THE CONSOLE AUTOMATICALLY FOR ANY GAME DEV) solution for voice chat on the Switch.

JCK75

Are you only playing with other Switch users? if so it has to be the dumbest userbase I've ever experienced..
my son insisted I play with him the day it came out and I swear every single game it would start, one person would stand still at spawn and within 10 seconds a meeting is called and they are making accusations .. it was so dumb we just voted the person who called the meeting and when they were tossed we noticed they even voted for themselves.. this happened seriously.. every single game we got in.

tkscz

If you notice my comment covered your weak counter. There is NO GOOD NATIVE(MEANING ON THE CONSOLE AUTOMATICALLY FOR ANY GAME DEV) solution for voice chat on the Switch.

What weak counter? The game itself doesn't have built in voice chat on any platform it's on. Whenever you play Among us, you have to have an external application for voice chat. Doesn't matter if it's discord, steam chat or the Nintendo app.

Top Bottom