• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Anybody try that new Need for Speed game? What's it like?

Took me less than an hour to hit a point where I would need to grind or pay money. The races are 20-40 seconds long from what I played, and I'm not sure if it was ever really possible to lose. I uninstalled.

Qvoth

to arms!! is a free and ad-less deckbuilder, it's pretty fun, plays a bit like ascension with a mixture of dominion
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.latahunden.toarms

tapsmith is a japanese blacksmithing rpg, you build a sword by tapping the block of metal while it's hot and then send your assistant to dungeons with it, there are sidequests as well, also free and no ads
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ac.kobedenshi.android.sanjo
I tried Tapsmith and really like the concept, but I have no idea what to do, for the most part. I wish I understood Japanese. Can you recommend any similar games that are in English? Do they even exist?

Qvoth

I tried Tapsmith and really like the concept, but I have no idea what to do, for the most part. I wish I understood Japanese. Can you recommend any similar games that are in English? Do they even exist?

haven't encountered anything similar yet (at least the smithing part), the battle system is your usual tap the monster at the right moment to deal critical hit while tapping yourself to guard

inky

Wow, Tapsmith sounds really close to an idea I was messing around with in GameMaker a couple of years ago. (Not that it's an original idea in the first place. Although I did think of it before I knew about Weapon Shop de Omasse as well :p).

Should get around to it one day before I die or more people steal it from me ;P

Amon37

Anybody try that new Need for Speed game? What's it like?

I'm level 18. It is possible to lose because the races get to the point you need a higher performance level.

The issue is that the cars and parts are behind a gatcha. So a lucky draw can keep you ahead without having to grind.

Money is mainly used to install parts and rebuild parts after you have installed all the components.

I'm having fun with it.

Took a leap and got Secret of Mana last night. The controls will take some getting used to, but they're pretty good. Also, the visuals are a nice increase from the SNES version. Nothing major, but definitely improved in small ways.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This thread is so dead compared to the ios thread.

So ? There is just so much you can talk about when most bigger f2p/service games have their own threads anyway.Thread is active enough as in we are getting all sales posted and questions answered/recommendations posted frequently.

yogloo

So ? There is just so much you can talk about when most bigger f2p/service games have their own threads anyway.Thread is active enough as in we are getting all sales posted and questions answered/recommendations posted frequently.
It's a community thread that consists of you, me and the poster above me. Community is such a death sentence.

Well, just think of the Windows Phone people
What's a Windows phone?

Nightbird

I might not be active in this thread, but i always look whats new here when the thread reappears in subscription box, because i found many interesting games thanks to you guys

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I check the thread and post occasionally.

No point in posting a ton though.

What two games am I playing currently? Lara Croft Go and Hearth which both have their own thread.

Mikeside

I check in here whenever I see it's updated, but to be honest, I defected to iOS for my mobile gaming when I got an iPad.

I just don't enjoy gaming on my little Z3 Compact. That will probably change when I upgrade as I'm going to get the new Nexus 6 or something similar, so it'll be a better gaming sized screen.

If you're in the US, there are a bunch of EA games on sale for 10 cents in the Play store:

Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Power Ping Pong
Dead Space
Monopoly
Robbery Bob 2
Contre Jour
iBomber
Incredible Jack
Spy vs Spy
Wake the Cat

Lomax

This thread is so dead compared to the ios thread.

This has never been a chit-chat thread, just a sales post and occasional recommendation thread. Plus for a long while for some reason it didn't come up in the search. I enjoy the fact that when I see it pop up in my subscriptions the new post is almost always something worthwhile.

Monument Valley, including its expansion, is "Actually Free" from Amazon Underground. Highly recommended puzzle game just in case there are some out there that haven't tried it out yet.

Nice, I really enjoyed the base game and have been looking forward to trying the expansion. Definitely recommend it to everyone whole likes puzzle games.

How does the Actually Free program work? Is it pretty self explanitory?

Yeah, it's there way of saying that the game itself and all of its in-app purchases are also free.

I've heard that some games they label as this are missing some stuff based on some of the app reviews on their store, but the majority seem legit. I recently downloaded a bunch of "Actually Free" games like Badland and two of the Cut the Rope games.
Ugh, for some reason it isn't installing on my phone. Even through I've done the necessary security changes... weeee
I had issues installing Badland and Sorcery from Amazon, they would download, but then they wouldn't install properly.

The issue I was having was apparently due to my Note 4 having an SD card. I took out the SD card, installed the games properly, and then put it back in afterwards and everything worked fine. Hopefully they update the app to fix that bug, their old Amazon App Store app never had that issue.

Alchemy

I had issues installing Badland and Sorcery from Amazon, they would download, but then they wouldn't install properly.

The issue I was having was apparently due to my Note 4 having an SD card. I took out the SD card, installed the games properly, and then put it back in afterwards and everything worked fine. Hopefully they update the app to fix that bug, their old Amazon App Store app never had that issue.

Oh hey I have an SD card. Thats really kinda lame. Gonna have to try this out later and see.

yogloo

This has never been a chit-chat thread, just a sales post and occasional recommendation thread. Plus for a long while for some reason it didn't come up in the search. I enjoy the fact that when I see it pop up in my subscriptions the new post is almost always something worthwhile.
Community is killing this thread.
Every thread is a chit-chat thread, otherwise it would all be copy paste of press releases.

yasu151

I love this thread. Posts aren't as frequent, but I check it out daily. Almost every game I've purchased has come from recommendations I've found here, often discounted or free altogether. I've really come to enjoy mobile gaming.

Just subbed to the thread as I've gone from a Z3 Compact to an LG G4. I feel I can actually see games now.

Would love to hear some impressions of the G4. I'm just about to upgrade from a Samsung S5 and the S6 isn't exactly blowing my socks off. I hate that they yanked the SD card. That being said, I've seen some comparison videos on YT that make the S6 look sharper/brighter than the G4.

DagsJT

Would love to hear some impressions of the G4. I'm just about to upgrade from a Samsung S5 and the S6 isn't exactly blowing my socks off. I hate that they yanked the SD card. That being said, I've seen some comparison videos on YT that make the S6 look sharper/brighter than the G4.

Without wanting to go too off-topic, the G4 seems pretty nice. I've only had it for 24 hours but I'm getting used to it more and more. It's VERY sharp and VERY bright (when you turn off the Auto brightness, it's blindingly bright). It lagged a little at first but there was two system updates and it seems fine now.

The leather back is great too!

Without wanting to go too off-topic, the G4 seems pretty nice. I've only had it for 24 hours but I'm getting used to it more and more. It's VERY sharp and VERY bright (when you turn off the Auto brightness, it's blindingly bright). It lagged a little at first but there was two system updates and it seems fine now.

The leather back is great too!

Wow that's excellent. Thanks!

Hopefully someone here can help me out.

My friend bought Monopoly but doesn't want to play on his tablet, instead he usually uses BluesStacks. But the problem is that the game for some reason launches in the color red as seen in the image below. It's completely playable, runs just fine except for the red.

Anyone know why this could be happening? I don't think it's related to his PC or graphics card but I could be wrong.

OrcTyFP.png

Hasney

Hopefully someone here can help me out.

My friend bought Monopoly but doesn't want to play on his tablet, instead he usually uses BluesStacks. But the problem is that the game for some reason launches in the color red as seen in the image below. It's completely playable, runs just fine except for the red.

Anyone know why this could be happening? I don't think it's related to his PC or graphics card but I could be wrong.

Do most other things work fine? It might just be an emulation bug with that specific app.

yogloo

Motorsports Manager. Get it people. I am completely addicted to it right now. If you like championship manager games and have the slightest interest on car racing, this is the game to play.

Amon37

Top Bottom