• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

aravuus

Wow, Fallout Shelter really is a boring game. Played it for some hours now and I think I'll just not help the dwellers anymore and see how long they stay alive. And then delete the game.

Sora_N

Wow, Fallout Shelter really is a boring game. Played it for some hours now and I think I'll just not help the dwellers anymore and see how long they stay alive. And then delete the game.

I couldn't even get through the tutorial. I was so bored. I'm not a FO fan though.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Yep. I remember being frustrated about having to wait for it to hit android. Then I played it. So incredibly dull.

aravuus

Protip - you can't lose.

Yeah, I just noticed! What a fucking bummer, I've been out of food and water for in-game weeks or months, why won't they die? Why AM I collecting food and water in the first place if it only raises their happiness, but they'd do everything I want them to do even if they were unhappy?

Disappointing. I've actually legitimately enjoyed a couple of these "click around a bit and wait for timers to go down" sort of games and I love the Fallout franchise, so I figured this would be great.

kennah

Yeah, I just noticed! What a fucking bummer, I've been out of food and water for in-game weeks or months, why won't they die? Why AM I collecting food and water in the first place if it only raises their happiness, but they'd do everything I want them to do even if they were unhappy?

Disappointing. I've actually legitimately enjoyed a couple of these "click around a bit and wait for timers to go down" sort of games and I love the Fallout franchise, so I figured this would be great.
Yep. I think I'd like the game better if you legitimately had to try to keep them alive. I was kinda hoping for Dwarf Fortress Lite

Edit. Or even better, be able to unleash weird vaulty situations on them a la Sim city.

mhanna49

Neo Member
The only Android game I've been playing very much is Card Crawl. It feels a bit like solitaire. I paid for the full version IAP and I like doing the daily dungeon. I have the energy save option turned on but it still eats a lot of my LG G4's battery.

I've also played a little bit of Sandbox Zombies. You can place survivors, bandits, zombies, angels, or demons on a small map and watch them fight. You can place turrents, boxes and other obstacles on the map too.

Well, I'm finally playing android games again since my 2 year boredom hiatus with mobile games. Went back to Dead Trigger 2, their new game, Unkilled, and Need For Speed No Limits.

Pretty good, best in short bursts. Probably because I'm not playing too much on PC or my 3DS anymore. The f2p stuff kinda sucks, but luckily I haven't been seeing too many ads on the games at all.

DonMigs85

So Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom is out, but I can't even install it because it says it's incompatible with both my ZenFone 2 and Nexus 7 2013.

Humble Mobile Bundle: Kemco RPGs
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

PWYW Tier ($1 or more):
Symphony of the Origin
Eclipse of Illusion
Eve of the Genesis HD

BTA Tier:
Silver Nornir
Fortuna Magus
Legend of Ixtona
Aeon Avenger

Bonus Goals (Unlocks for BTA Tier when the specified total is reached):
$100k: Knights of the Earthends
$150k: ???
$200k: ???

zulux21

I've never heard of any of these.... anyone know if they're any good?

heh...
if you enjoy almost any JRPG they will be a great pick up.

if you want a JRPG that wows you you should avoid them.

they are very safe, JRPGs. Not horrible, but not good either. if you want some JRPG action to play on the go though you could do much worse.

Azusa

I have tried one of the Kemco RPG and didn't like the UI. Its so unfriendly and ugly. I wish there was a JRPG like FF1 with a simple UI and fun JRPG grinding.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It works really really well, I've found. I did Secret of Mana last night in 720p, and there was no latency or anything. Phone got a little hot, though.

It does work in theory. Good luck broadcasting anything that is newer game wise that tries to look good. Kills the power and phones melt.

Archpath1

Anyone play Cards and Castles?

In the vein of hearthstone.
Build decks off 5 factions, single or dual.
Grid based movement, defend your castle.
Play friendly,friends,ranked,or tournament.
Disenchant copies to make new cards.
Level up faction gets you more cards.
Buy packs with in game, or real currency

If you had or don't have, its been through some updates, plus new update expansion pack coming Thursday

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.cardsandcastles.game

av2k

Anyone recommend any great nvidia shield portable games?

I really enjoy Crossyroad and Minecraft (new version) on controller so far but wish there was more games that took advantage of nvidia siheld portable controller.

Some friends made this game called Fallen which has just released. trailer here. I haven't spent a ton of time with it but it's a bit like Peggle and Breakout I think with a really nice presentation. Looking forward to seeing what you think.

Wh1F587.png

shandy706

Only my second day playing Fallout Shelter.

I usually don't play mobile games, but I do find this one interesting...as I really like Fallout.

Funny thing is I just opened one of the "Objective" based Lunch Boxes it gives you and it gave me a Fat Man AND a Pressurized Flamethrower...LOL.

I never EVER pay for any micro-transactions in a game, but who needs them when you get the best stuff on your second day playing a game?

Humble Mobile Bundle 16 (Android-only)
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

$1 Tier:
Outwitters (Humble Edition)
Block Legend
Rocket ROBO

BTA Tier:
Ys Chronicles 1
Space Marshals
Alone...
Partyrs
Sleep Furiously

IIRC, the mobile releases of Ys don't use Xseed's translations from the PSP/PC versions, instead they use a lower-quality script.

yasu151

Prune is out now. You should grab it.'ve blown through it already, but I felt it was well worth the money.

I'll second this. It's a beautifully made game. I picked it up after Saucy recommended it. Not that the gameplay is similar, but the art style reminds me of Eufloria, which I loved as well.

Top Bottom